Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsholly View Post
wow, you post a blog, of a guy that doesn't have a clue.............
You don't have a clue if you think Luck's auto is only going to be on Panini cards.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
If it hasn't been released yet, they have to pull them, I sense a delay in topps chrome coming out, because like you said I'm sure they have already been signed, but since they arent released yet, It would be a violation of the contract to release them after the contract was signed!!
You arent being serious are you? You are obviously clueless if you believe what you have written in this thread.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
wow, you post a blog, of a guy that doesn't have a clue.............
the ONLY person that doesnt have a clue is YOU. the fact is the NFL prohibits exclusive trading card deals unlike the NBA. andrew luck WILL have autos in topps chrome & other releases this year.
festus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
wow just like another thread, where'd you learn to read?? I said they can't have any luck auto's.......pretty sure that fits under autographs......granted yes there will still be luck colored refractors.....but would you shell out $1k a case to know you don't even have a chance to pull a luck auto, and the chance at a big name rookie auto just got split in half (luck/bob3) Anyone that preordered topps, should dump there cases now before people start realizing this!!
Either you are trying to make people angry or you are an idiot.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Pertinent Info: "While Panini did get Luck for an exclusive deal in memorabilia, it will not extend to trading cards. NFL rules prohibits players from signing exclusive deals with trading card companies, preventing issues like the one the NBA faces today as Michael Jordan and LeBron James do not sign cards for lone NBA licensee Panini because of their deals with Upper Deck."

Full article: Panini signs Andrew Luck to exclusive autographed memorabilia deal - Los Angeles Trading Card | Examiner.com

Examiner.com is not a trustworthy site. Just about anyone can become a writer and there is no editors that review articles before they are posted.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #31 (permalink)

To all those that are reading this thread with interest and want evidence showing one way or the other...

As stated by Panini (on their blog The Official Panini America Blog)...

"Panini America, the world’s largest sports and entertainment collectibles company, announced today that it has signed Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck to an exclusive multi-year autograph and memorabilia agreement through its Panini Authentic division."

"...this deal is exclusive for autographed memorabilia."

"Luck’s autographed memorabiliaincluding signed helmets, jerseys and photographs – is available now exclusively on the Panini Authentic Website."

You can find this Panini Authentic store here, they already have samples of what kinds of things you can buy from Panini Authentic:

Andrew Luck - Panini Authentic

This is clearly a store selling signed photo's, mini-helmets, jersey's, etc. This is not sports cards. Panini does not have exclusive rights to Andrew Luck autographs on sports cards. Topps can produce sports cards with Andrew Luck autographs on them.

Whether or not this changes in the future, who knows. But right now, Topps can make sports cards with Andrew Luck's autograph on them. 2012 Topps Chrome will certainly have cards with Andrew Luck's autograph on them.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

so bust/sell/hold??
Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
wow just like another thread, where'd you learn to read?? I said they can't have any luck auto's.......pretty sure that fits under autographs......granted yes there will still be luck colored refractors.....but would you shell out $1k a case to know you don't even have a chance to pull a luck auto, and the chance at a big name rookie auto just got split in half (luck/bob3) Anyone that preordered topps, should dump there cases now before people start realizing this!!
you have done lost your mind
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Back on topic...

I'd bust but it depends on what you're looking for.

Do you want to have fun busting wax? Or do you want to make some cash without the gamble?

No one really knows how the print run will differ from last year. Or how SP'd the top rookies will be. They seem to have added parallels, which is good, but you likely won't get much for a Camo Refractor unless its Luck or Griffin.

You might want to unload the singles quick if you opt to bust. Otherwise, you could always hold for six months...but where's the fun in that?
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

I have ten cases coming, not sure if I am going to hold until next year or flip them immediately. Breaking these does not make financial sense, but it sure would be fun.
wesnilevirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

New guy here, so my input might not hold any water, but here was the official statement from Topps on Twitter after Darren Rovell made Luck/Panini announcement (Both on Oct 15th, Monday):

@darrenrovell: Panini has signed an exclusive, multi-year autograph deal with Andrew Luck

@toppscards: @darrenrovell might want to be clear that this exclusive auto deal for memorbila, nothing to do with trading cards, we have deal with Luck!
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
New guy here, so my input might not hold any water, but here was the official statement from Topps on Twitter after Darren Rovell made Luck/Panini announcement (Both on Oct 15th, Monday):

@darrenrovell: Panini has signed an exclusive, multi-year autograph deal with Andrew Luck

@toppscards: @darrenrovell might want to be clear that this exclusive auto deal for memorbila, nothing to do with trading cards, we have deal with Luck!
Thanks, that's a great post, clear and to the point, from the horses mouth.

Welcome to the forums!
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChrist1732 View Post
Examiner.com is not a trustworthy site. Just about anyone can become a writer and there is no editors that review articles before they are posted.
It looked to be a better quality article than normal on there, so I assumed they had copied and pasted from a more reputable site, that I didn't feel like tracking down.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

The bigger question at this point, what's a case/box worth right now? Or what will it be worth shortly after release. If it's some crazy amount, you should sell. But if it's just a little bit, break. That's my plan.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #40 (permalink)

I heard that Lucks not signing chrome cards so you should probably just set your case ablaze and watch it buuuuurn baby. But seriously unless you're willing to sit on it and hope that the price doubles in the offseason you should just bust it. Another member did the calculations for profit selling boxes/cases and its peanuts if you sell online/ebay considering fees. Plus you'll have to under sell real distributors to move boxes.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #41 (permalink)

Sooo, dinosaurs arent real? Darn....

On a serious note, i will be preordering my case today. Love ripping chrome even with the "1 hit per vox" garbage.
R3dm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd sell it right away if you can make a profit, with the new news of panini being the only cards that can have luck's auto on them, this should tank pretty quick!!
So topps, topps prime, topps platinum don't have Luck autos? Talk about clueless haha.

Last year the product price sky rocketed. If you need the money, just sell the cases. If you don't, then bust and enjoy.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
So topps, topps prime, topps platinum don't have Luck autos? Talk about clueless haha.

Last year the product price sky rocketed. If you need the money, just sell the cases. If you don't, then bust and enjoy.
I think he's trying to make people drop their product so the price goes down, he's not very subtle about it.

Luck is in the product, I hope to pull one or 12
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #44 (permalink)

I think people underestimate the value of this product, but that is just me. Weeden is another guy a lot of people leave off. He is very underrated IMO. I think this is a very solid draft class when you consider the fact that you have two huge Rookies in Luck and Griffin, how often does that happen? I really wish the Redskins RC RB had autos in this product. It looks like there might be allocation issues with this product as well. I don't know if this is Topps playing Oil Titan, or if there is a legitimate shortage compared to demand. I can't wait to see the odds.

I am ripping two cases when it comes out. At the price you are in, if you enjoy ripping I would rip it. It should be a lot of fun. I have never opened a case of Chrome, I rip 3 or 4 boxes every year and that is it. Good luck to everyone opening.
Rufusyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

bust it, if you sold it on ebay for 1,000 after paypal fees, ebay fees and shipping with insurance you might net 150ish or so. If you bought 20 cases at 720 now you would be in business

20 x 720= 14,400 initial investment
20 x 1,000 = 20,000 after release value

150 profit per case maybe more = 3,000 in your pocket

You could then bust roughly 3 cases for free and sell the rest to break even....buddy of mine was locked in for 30 cases he said, only problem i imagine with those pre-sell orders is getting all of them to the make the example above work out right. Also the risk is also there that they do not go up at all and you have put up a good amount of money with not much return if any. Hope that made some sense haha
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote