Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   To Bust/Sell/hold??? Topps Chrome (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/383940-bust-sell-hold-topps-chrome.html)

Jnb0123 10-16-2012 12:44 PM

To Bust/Sell/hold??? Topps Chrome

I am locked in for a 2012 Topps Chrome Football Case for $720. Should I bust, sell, or hold it when it releases next month!?? Opinions please:D

DanDaMan 10-16-2012 12:50 PM

Maybe wait to see what it looks like first and base your decision on that

HighEndHits 10-16-2012 01:09 PM

Wait 2 weeks until after the product's release to bust. Then hold everything through the remainder of the season. And finally sell during the offseason.

In all seriousness do whatever you want. If you've never busted a case of chrome I say got for it. It is a fun break!

Ajax1723 10-16-2012 01:10 PM

I've got 3 cases for around that price, gonna bust all 3, chrome is such a fun product.

andrewwink 10-16-2012 01:44 PM

how did u get that price?

Jnb0123 10-16-2012 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=andrewwink;3482785]how did u get that price?[/QUOTE]

My cousin has a account with a distributor and I got in early

bradsholly 10-16-2012 07:17 PM

I'd sell it right away if you can make a profit, with the new news of panini being the only cards that can have luck's auto on them, this should tank pretty quick!!

bigzig 10-16-2012 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3485076]I'd sell it right away if you can make a profit, with the new news of panini being the only cards that can have luck's auto on them, this should tank pretty quick!![/QUOTE]

Thought that was memorabilia, not cards.

go_steelers07 10-16-2012 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3485076]I'd sell it right away if you can make a profit, with the new news of panini being the only cards that can have luck's auto on them, this should tank pretty quick!![/QUOTE]

Luck will have a Chrome auto............. what are you sniffin' ....?

ninjacookies 10-16-2012 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=bigzig;3485092]Thought that was memorabilia, not cards.[/QUOTE]

Someone didn't get the memo.

To answer the question, I'd hold the cases and flip them sealed. Not too thrilled about this rookie class, unless you hit a big colored refractor of luck/rg3/wilson

festus 10-16-2012 07:30 PM

[QUOTE=ninjacookies;3485148]Someone didn't get the memo.

To answer the question, I'd hold the cases and flip them sealed. Not too thrilled about this rookie class, unless you hit a big colored refractor of luck/rg3/wilson[/QUOTE]

did you get the memo that tannehill aint to shabby either?

bradsholly 10-16-2012 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=festus;3485164]did you get the memo that tannehill aint to shabby either?[/QUOTE]

tannehill sells for more than peanuts??

chrisfaceoff 10-16-2012 07:35 PM

I should probably sell the goods, but I am gonna rip my nearly 2 cases in record time in full junkie addiction fashion.

I was also saving about $15 per paycheck for the past few months to buy one huge haul of retail as soon as it comes out. Beyond excited for Chrome.

crd1224 10-16-2012 07:39 PM

like the other guy said that's just for memorabilia and autographed items, not cards. NFL doesnt allow exclusives for cards i believe.

bradsholly 10-16-2012 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=crd1224;3485224]like the other guy said that's just for memorabilia and autographed items, not cards. NFL doesnt allow exclusives for cards i believe.[/QUOTE]

wow just like another thread, where'd you learn to read?? I said they can't have any luck auto's.......pretty sure that fits under autographs......granted yes there will still be luck colored refractors.....but would you shell out $1k a case to know you don't even have a chance to pull a luck auto, and the chance at a big name rookie auto just got split in half (luck/bob3) Anyone that preordered topps, should dump there cases now before people start realizing this!!

nera20 10-16-2012 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3485873]wow just like another thread, where'd you learn to read?? I said they can't have any luck auto's.......pretty sure that fits under autographs......granted yes there will still be luck colored refractors.....but would you shell out $1k a case to know you don't even have a chance to pull a luck auto, and the chance at a big name rookie auto just got split in half (luck/bob3) Anyone that preordered topps, should dump there cases now before people start realizing this!![/QUOTE]

topps chrome cards probably were already made months ago and possibly signed so there is a slight chance he may be in this product, since he does have stuff in other topps products, but if he is not in the product then I would say this stuff quick because its going to drop quickly

TheBurg 10-16-2012 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3485873]wow just like another thread, where'd you learn to read?? I said they can't have any luck auto's.......pretty sure that fits under autographs......granted yes there will still be luck colored refractors.....but would you shell out $1k a case to know you don't even have a chance to pull a luck auto, and the chance at a big name rookie auto just got split in half (luck/bob3) Anyone that preordered topps, should dump there cases now before people start realizing this!![/QUOTE]

Again, they can't legally prevent other companies from getting autographs on NFL licensed cards.

bradsholly 10-16-2012 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=nera20;3485900]topps chrome cards probably were already made months ago and possibly signed so there is a slight chance he may be in this product, since he does have stuff in other topps products, but if he is not in the product then I would say this stuff quick because its going to drop quickly[/QUOTE]

If it hasn't been released yet, they have to pull them, I sense a delay in topps chrome coming out, because like you said I'm sure they have already been signed, but since they arent released yet, It would be a violation of the contract to release them after the contract was signed!!

TheBurg 10-16-2012 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3486022]If it hasn't been released yet, they have to pull them, I sense a delay in topps chrome coming out, because like you said I'm sure they have already been signed, but since they arent released yet, It would be a violation of the contract to release them after the contract was signed!![/QUOTE]

It's not worth the effort.... I'm done.
[url=http://www.sportscardsuncensored.com/the-real-impact-behind-paninis-exclusive-andrew-luck-deal/#comments]The Real Impact Behind Panini’s Exclusive Andrew Luck Deal | Sports Cards Uncensored[/url]

bradsholly 10-16-2012 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=TheBurg;3486048]It's not worth the effort.... I'm done.
[url=http://www.sportscardsuncensored.com/the-real-impact-behind-paninis-exclusive-andrew-luck-deal/#comments]The Real Impact Behind Paniniís Exclusive Andrew Luck Deal | Sports Cards Uncensored[/url][/QUOTE]

wow, you post a blog, of a guy that doesn't have a clue.............

TheBurg 10-16-2012 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3486068]wow, you post a blog, of a guy that doesn't have a clue.............[/QUOTE]

He has a few clues. I suggest you read his blog because A) It's great, and B) He knows what he's talking about when it comes to cards, products and licensing. Just some supporting, and regardless of what medium it was conveyed with, reliable information.

TheBurg 10-16-2012 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=bradsholly;3486068]wow, you post a blog, of a guy that doesn't have a clue.............[/QUOTE]

Also, that guy who doesn't have a clue is on this site...:rolleyes:

Astronix 10-16-2012 10:50 PM

I would sell that case to me and let me bust it!

chrisfaceoff 10-16-2012 11:54 PM

$2000 and you have a deal sir ;) and gift haha

Deathgate 10-17-2012 12:30 AM

Pertinent Info: "While Panini did get Luck for an exclusive deal in memorabilia, it will not extend to trading cards. NFL rules prohibits players from signing exclusive deals with trading card companies, preventing issues like the one the NBA faces today as Michael Jordan and LeBron James do not sign cards for lone NBA licensee Panini because of their deals with Upper Deck."

Full article: [url=http://www.examiner.com/article/panini-signs-andrew-luck-to-exclusive-autographed-memorabilia-deal]Panini signs Andrew Luck to exclusive autographed memorabilia deal - Los Angeles Trading Card | Examiner.com[/url]

:)!