Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #501 (permalink)

Corbin, don't forget to update the OP with my and nephinfan's additions to the break

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #502 (permalink)

too bad more people aren't as nice as the op and the guys giving their teams away!!!

GO BLOWOUT COMMUNITY!!
bucknut27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #503 (permalink)

holy carp there are still decent people around. kudos to op and all those that got in and have paid it forward. gl on the break!

if i say make an offer make one i am always open to offers. whats the most i can say???? no lol
CARDGUY123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #504 (permalink)

emailing back and forth with the consignor now. 45 days have passed since payment, but he thinks it's business days. He is going to verify my claim with ebay with it is total days, not business days.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #505 (permalink)

I will be splitting my Raiders slot up with 2 of my best group break participants and dare I say friends. The700Level and Hester72598, the Raiders slot will be split evenly between the 2 of you as you guys have always been very supportive of my group breaks since the dawn of time.
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #506 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg View Post
I will be splitting my Raiders slot up with 2 of my best group break participants and dare I say friends. The700Level and Hester72598, the Raiders slot will be split evenly between the 2 of you as you guys have always been very supportive of my group breaks since the dawn of time.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done!!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #507 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Nice gesture man. The thread that keeps on giving.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #508 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
emailing back and forth with the consignor now. 45 days have passed since payment, but he thinks it's business days. He is going to verify my claim with ebay with it is total days, not business days.
what does this mean exactly?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #509 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
I think he's trying to say that he isn't proceeding with the purchase of cases until the window where the buyer of his card can ask for a refund. Once that date has passed and the money is outright his, then he can do with it what he pleases

just a guess, but I assume that's it. Nothing like ordering cases then getting a refund notice lol
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #510 (permalink)

Not to be a debbie downer, but if the buyer paid via credit card don't most companies let you make a chargeback up to 60 days? Maybe even 90 on some?

Just sayin...of you wanted to ne 100% without a doubt in the clear. I would think if they're were any issues you would know by now, but.........
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #511 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
I think he's trying to say that he isn't proceeding with the purchase of cases until the window where the buyer of his card can ask for a refund. Once that date has passed and the money is outright his, then he can do with it what he pleases

just a guess, but I assume that's it. Nothing like ordering cases then getting a refund notice lol
Quote:
I hope Mrs. Corbin doesn't mind me clearing this up (I hope I'm not sharing too many details), as I've been talking through this with him....but anyway, here goes:

Mr. Corbin sold the card through a consignment "service/seller" on ebay (henceforth known as the "consigment dude" or just "dude", for short). Since it was a high dollar card, the dude wanted to wait 45 days (the PP chargeback window), so he could be in the clear....before he were to pay Mr. C.

Now apparently, dude is claiming that it's "45 business days" for the chargeback, which is documentable BS (and was sent that).

The dude lives in the Greater NY/NJ area, so he was effected by the storm....so for now, we (Corbin) wait.

I have full faith that Corbin will get his money, as the guy is a very reliable seller, so no need to worry about corbin or the break (yet), but it's just taking much longer than expected.

Obviously, once he gets his moneys, then it's party time
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #512 (permalink)

thanks for the explanation WV. I just didn't know what it meant. never had a high-dollar card like that

Old 11-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #513 (permalink)

Oops.... too late. Thanks for the opportunity nonetheless.

Application:
Username - stellablue
pc team - Bears (footall)
itrader rating & percentage - 12 - 100%
BO member since - a couple months before August 2010
Have you ever sold a card out of your pc? (yes or no) - Yes.. most recently a Mike Stanton Rc Auto to help pay for my crazy property tax bill
Have you ever given a card away? (yes or no) - Yes. I give my little boy cards all of the time if that helps.
Have you ever joined a group break? (yes or no) - No but i hope to once i get back on my feet financially
How long have you collected for? - since i was 5 (1982)
Is there anything else you'd like to add to assist us in making our decision? - I look forward to my first group break whether it be now or in the future. I also look forward to hitting a $4k card someday!

Last edited by stellablue; 11-02-2012 at 06:30 PM.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #514 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you John!! You can dare to say friends even if we do not agree on NFL teams. Thanks to all,

John

P.S. Atlantic City just opened back up, when schools open back up I am sure cards will cheer them up in case they lost items. My house only lost power in Egg Harbor, my parents in Ocean City flooded out one part of the house, but it can be replaced many lost their houses or more. Thanks to all here on Blowout and HHOC.

P.S. Caitlin my three year old likes the monkey avatar way better then WilsonValdez dental pics.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #515 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The700Level View Post
Thank you John!! You can dare to say friends even if we do not agree on NFL teams. Thanks to all,

John

P.S. Atlantic City just opened back up, when schools open back up I am sure cards will cheer them up in case they lost items. My house only lost power in Egg Harbor, my parents in Ocean City flooded out one part of the house, but it can be replaced many lost their houses or more. Thanks to all here on Blowout and HHOC.

P.S. Caitlin my three year old likes the monkey avatar way better then WilsonValdez dental pics.
Yayyyy, glad to have you back John! Glad to hear you got off relatively easy......

PS- My teeth are immaculate, never had a cavity unlike Meth Mouth Graham :X
Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #516 (permalink)

WilsonValdez is spot on. It's a waiting game. And I don't want to post what I plan on ordering until it is physically ordered for fear of the products being sold out in the meantime.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #517 (permalink)

so what's the deadline either way (45 days straight or 45 business days)?

just trying to figure out when we'll get a nice surprise!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #518 (permalink)

Quote:
so what's the deadline either way (45 days straight or 45 business days)?

just trying to figure out when we'll get a nice surprise!
The deadline was 45 calendar days. Right now I'm waiting on the "dude" to get his electricity back, and then it should be pay day, order day, and then break day. In that order.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #519 (permalink)

i just got my power back..im in nj...i think this is one of the nicest gestures ive seen...amazing corbin!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #520 (permalink)

Don Corbin, yous wants that I should goes and gives the dude a special message in the form of broken set of legs so that he gives yous da' money?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #521 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Because this thread doesn't belong on the third page.......
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #522 (permalink)
Banned

Just in case anyone needs any motivation keeping this up on page one;

Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #523 (permalink)

Thanks for the bump Tajikey, although I have to say it... Rinkwraith has the best bumps ever.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #524 (permalink)

In theory, my "dude" is cutting me a check today.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #525 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
In theory, my "dude" is cutting me a check today.
Hope he does man. Good luck sir.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote