Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Stay Classy San Diego!
don't get this---i'm thirteen

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
don't get this---i'm thirteen
Here you go young grasshopper. Go to Blockbuster tonight and rent Anchorman! Or maybe not... it may be rated R.

Last edited by danimal; 09-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

TD wisky, opening play for the offense. Tolzien has a solid arm. 80 yard TD pass!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
TD wisky, opening play for the offense. Tolzien has a solid arm. 80 yard TD pass!
Jump around!! Jump around! Jump up Jump up and Jump down!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

i've seen the movie, just don't know it word for word

Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

so for a 16 team playoff do you just let the top 16 go at it or all div winners and the remainder of the top 10 ?
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

I'd do winners of mt west, pac 10, sec, big ten, big 12, acc, big east, and wac, probably then next 8 overall

Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

so its cool for the sec and big 12 to have like a combined 8 entrees (or more)
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Here you go young grasshopper. Go to Blockbuster tonight and rent Anchorman! Or maybe not... it may be rated R.
stop man your not being funny at all, youre just mad because the fact a 13 year old is more mature than you , and youre trying to find every little thing to make ohio state look bad. I cant wait till ohio state wins , so youll shutup
RedDog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
I watched the entire game - the ball was tipped by his receiver - the ball was high and behind the WR!!! I am a prior Naval Officer so I was rooting for Navy!
This explains everything...
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
This explains everything...
I am not an academy grad! So I just casually root for Navy. My alma mater won 61-0 last night!!

I went to a Sun Belt school and was subject to 4 years of quite possibly the worst Division 1 football on the planet so I consider myself an expert in the science of bad football and the Big 10 plays bad football!!!

Last edited by danimal; 09-06-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
This is true, and even with that said... OSU dominated Navy in the first half. And if it weren't for a horrible coaching decision by Tressel, the Buckeyes would have had a 32 - 13 lead with less than 7 minutes left in the game. Although 99% of the Big-10 haters commenting on the game did not actually watch the game and are assuming the Buckeyes and Navy played evenly due to the final score.

The positives are that we handled a very good, but not great, Navy team with relative ease, Pettrey made a 50+ yard field goal look like a chip shot, and Pryor looked like every bit the Heisman candidate that he is accounting for 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns on a day where the play calling was very vanilla.

The negatives are that the defense looked soft, the running game was wildly inconsistent, and the play calling / decision making by the coaching staff left a lot to be desired. (Although I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaching staff about that last point, assuming they didn't unveil much of the playbook today)
If Navy's coach didn't make a dumbass decision it would've gone to OT (and yes I watched every play of the game, and it was alot more even than you make it out to be).
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #38 (permalink)

Bump to the top!!! Is the Big 10 a mid-major now?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Bump to the top!!! Is the Big 10 a mid-major now?
yes, because that is a legitimate question. Had usc not scored in the minute 30 you would not have said this.

Dumbest question I have heard in all the years I been alive. Fresno state is a good team, central michigan has a very good qb. Yes, yes your right. OSU losing to usc makes the big ten a mid major conferance. Im done here.
P.47

Last edited by brett06; 09-12-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

hey guess what? u of m beat norte dame!!!!! and central michigan has a very good qb and a great group of linebackers!!!!
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
hey guess what? u of m beat norte dame!!!!! and central michigan has a very good qb and a great group of linebackers!!!!
ND is a Big 10 team in most sports so I consider them to be in the Big 10 as well!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
Since when is beating ND an accomplishment? They were a .500 team last year and still have the same players.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

Big 10 still has the deepest talent of any conference in football. The top team or 2 in the Pac-10, SEC, and Big 12 could compete with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan in most years... thats pretty obvious. But the lower two thirds of the Big 10 is far more of a challenge than the lower two thirds of the teams in any other conference. A #3 ranked team favored to win against a #9 team, winning by 3 points in the closing minute of the game isn't real impressive if the Big 10 is as bad as you say... most Buckeye fans would tell you they were expecting worse. Not to take anything away from USC, they are a great team. So is Ohio State. The better team just won, as was expected by almost everyone.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
Since when is beating ND an accomplishment? They were a .500 team last year and still have the same players.
I also like how Big 10 fans consider Fresno St and Newestern Upper Peninsula Michigan Tech and Diesel Mechanic School (isn't that who beat MSU today?) good teams!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
ND is a Big 10 team in most sports so I consider them to be in the Big 10 as well!!
ARE YOU HIGH? Where is ND in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, softball, soccer, or any other sport in the big ten??? In most sports you must be thinking rowing or soemthing. I didn't know that accounted for most of teh "WATCHED and or TELEVISED" sports. If they are, I don't know about it. It was talked about a few years ago but nothing was set in stone. This thread is more or less useless and pointless. Hate wisconsin or not. I go there. They are not gonna win the big ten but have a pretty easy schedule. A team is a team. App state showed us that vs michigan. I can name otehr very large recent upsets as well including houston over OK state. You think teh conference sucks that bad? You go play in it and if you star in it, I will agree with you and leave it at that. They are MANY young teams in this confereance. Wisky is VERY young with a bunch of good skill players taht are freshman and sophomores. Minnesota, osu just reloads, penn state, Illini has the talent and recruits, prudue is even giving oregon fits right now. Not to forget michigan is really young too. I know my team isn't gonna do huge things but IDC who they play, as long as they win, im happy.
P.47
Old 09-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I also like how Big 10 fans consider Fresno St and Newestern Upper Peninsula Michigan Tech and Diesel Mechanic School (isn't that who beat MSU today?) good teams!!
Actually I think most people know fresno state is always a very tough team. Boise gets em next week. Heres a fun fact for you danimal" most teams from BCS schools don't wanna play at fresno state." Wisky did last year and beat em. There was an article where some top tier programs rejected playing there. They have beaten MANY good teams at home. They are a good team. NOT GREAT....just good. As for your diesel mechanic school? Almost.
P.47
Old 09-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry we can't all schedule power house teams like Wyoming, Florida International, Tulane, and Troy.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
ARE YOU HIGH? Where is ND in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, softball, soccer, or any other sport in the big ten??? In most sports you must be thinking rowing or soemthing. I didn't know that accounted for most of teh "WATCHED and or TELEVISED" sports. If they are, I don't know about it. It was talked about a few years ago but nothing was set in stone. This thread is more or less useless and pointless. Hate wisconsin or not. I go there. They are not gonna win the big ten but have a pretty easy schedule. A team is a team. App state showed us that vs michigan. I can name otehr very large recent upsets as well including houston over OK state. You think teh conference sucks that bad? You go play in it and if you star in it, I will agree with you and leave it at that. They are MANY young teams in this confereance. Wisky is VERY young with a bunch of good skill players taht are freshman and sophomores. Minnesota, osu just reloads, penn state, Illini has the talent and recruits, prudue is even giving oregon fits right now. Not to forget michigan is really young too. I know my team isn't gonna do huge things but IDC who they play, as long as they win, im happy.
I like Wisconsin! I always root for them and Michigan. I have great friends that attended both schools so I always am happy to see them win. I think Camp Randall is one of the best venues in college football (jump around just before the 4th Q starts!) i I just think the Big 10 overall is over-rated.

And my bad ND is in the Big East and as you can see from the title of this thread I equate the two conferences!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry we can't all schedule power house teams like Wyoming, Florida International, Tulane, and Troy.
All of those teams lost today!!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Big 10 still has the deepest talent of any conference in football. The top team or 2 in the Pac-10, SEC, and Big 12 could compete with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan in most years... thats pretty obvious. But the lower two thirds of the Big 10 is far more of a challenge than the lower two thirds of the teams in any other conference. A #3 ranked team favored to win against a #9 team, winning by 3 points in the closing minute of the game isn't real impressive if the Big 10 is as bad as you say... most Buckeye fans would tell you they were expecting worse. Not to take anything away from USC, they are a great team. So is Ohio State. The better team just won, as was expected by almost everyone.
I do not agree that the Big 10 has the deepest talent, but I do think they take more slack than they deserve. The Big 10 is much better than the ACC and Big East right now and is fairly comprable to the PAC-10. The SEC is by far the best conference in the country and has been the last few years top to bottom.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote