Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #51 (permalink)

It isn't over rated. Its not strong this year. There are just a bunch of quality teams in the conferance. James madison alomost beat marlyland. Actually lead most of the game. I mean, in all honesty, I didn't know they had a FB team. Jacksonville state or w/e lead fsu for what, damn near the whole game? This is why I love college FB. Now im done. I have no more points to make. Im not looking forward to wofford though.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
ND is a Big 10 team in most sports so I consider them to be in the Big 10 as well!!

Really? Last I checked their hoops team was in the Big East,but what's a fact or 2 in the middle of a conversation?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #53 (permalink)

The most intimidating stadium in the country, for the last 100 years.....We call it, THE BIG HOUSE

Old 09-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #54 (permalink)

steelhearder, nice set. Im looking forward to revenge from last seasons meltdown in the 2nd half. until next week fellas, have a good night.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
All of those teams lost today!!
are you freakin' kidding me? You seriously thought he was for real? The whole point of it was to say that maybe the big ten does schedule easy games, but look at florida--charlotte southern and troy? and texas---wyoming?
These are the top two teams in the nation and they play cupcake non-conference games. Get your facts right keymosabee. (Also from a Will Ferrell Movie "Step Brothers"

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #56 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

It's early, but I am looking forward to Michigan playing in a bowl game this postseason. Go Blue!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
It's early, but I am looking forward to Michigan playing in a bowl game this postseason. Go Blue!
It looks like RichRod has that offense humming!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
are you freakin' kidding me? You seriously thought he was for real? The whole point of it was to say that maybe the big ten does schedule easy games, but look at florida--charlotte southern and troy? and texas---wyoming?
These are the top two teams in the nation and they play cupcake non-conference games. Get your facts right keymosabee. (Also from a Will Ferrell Movie "Step Brothers"
The difference the SEC BEATS their cupcakes - the Big 10 loses!!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sorry but I really don't think usc with any true freshman quarterback not named tyrelle pryor can beat them--yes osu definatly played poorly, but navy played well. Plus, on that 4and1 went osu went for it--they wouldn't have gone for it if they were playing usc--this takes away atleast 7 from navy and adds 3 to osu

I don't know, but this isn't a game to judge in my biased opinion
Here are my ranking of QBs

Barkley (True Freshman) > Forcier > Pryor

My fearless prediction is Michigan beats OSU 31-17 in the Large House at the end of the season!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Here are my ranking of QBs

Barkley (True Freshman) > Forcier > Pryor

My fearless prediction is Michigan beats OSU 31-17 in the Large House at the end of the season!
You give me Ohio State and 14 points, and I'll bet any amount of money with you that you'd like. Let me guess though... you're not a betting man Fearless prediction my a... I was glad to see Michigan win yesterday. Hopefully they WILL give Ohio State a game this year. 6 in a row to one side is going to make me question whether this is still even a rivalry... hasn't happened in like 80 years.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #61 (permalink)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Toledo gives the sweater vest a tough game next week!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #62 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
You give me Ohio State and 14 points, and I'll bet any amount of money with you that you'd like. Let me guess though... you're not a betting man Fearless prediction my a... I was glad to see Michigan win yesterday. Hopefully they WILL give Ohio State a game this year. 6 in a row to one side is going to make me question whether this is still even a rivalry... hasn't happened in like 80 years.
6 in a row of what to one side? I am confused...
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
$50 to the charity of the winner's choice and a post on BO that OSU Sucks! And I get the 14 points! And if I lose I will owe $50 to charity and post that OSU is awesome!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
6 in a row of what to one side? I am confused...
Yes, 6 in a row to one side. Hasn't happened since the 1920's... back when Ohio State's football program was about on par with what Indiana's is now. I still will be cheering for Ohio State obviously, but I am genuinely glad to see Michigan back on the minds of the National media. The rivalry just isn't as fun when both teams aren't ranked. I can't speak for all Ohio State fans, but this one was cheering loudly for Michigan to win yesterday. First time I've really been excited about the rivalry game in a few years.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
$50 to the charity of the winner's choice and a post on BO that OSU Sucks! And I get the 14 points! And if I lose I will owe $50 to charity and post that OSU is awesome!
So now your FEARLESS PREDICTION has swung 28 points?!?!?! You went from FEARLESSLY PREDICTING Michigan minus 14, to wanting Michigan plus 14?!?! Wow. That's sure fearless.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #66 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Yes, 6 in a row to one side. Hasn't happened since the 1920's... back when Ohio State's football program was about on par with what Indiana's is now. I still will be cheering for Ohio State obviously, but I am genuinely glad to see Michigan back on the minds of the National media. The rivalry just isn't as fun when both teams aren't ranked. I can't speak for all Ohio State fans, but this one was cheering loudly for Michigan to win yesterday. First time I've really been excited about the rivalry game in a few years.
Ohio State would have to win a few more consecutively to have 6 in a row to one side though... I was hoping for Ohio St to beat USC last night. Notre Dame and USC are my least to favorite teams in college football. Ohio State is somewhere in my five least favorite teams, but Tressel did earn some respect from me recently when he made public comments supporting Michigan and coach Rodriguez.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Ohio State would have to win a few more consecutively to have 6 in a row to one side though... I was hoping for Ohio St to beat USC last night. Notre Dame and USC are my least to favorite teams in college football. Ohio State is somewhere in my five least favorite teams, but Tressel did earn some respect from me recently when he made public comments supporting Michigan and coach Rodriguez.
Ohio State has won 5 in a row right now, 2004 through 2008. So a win in Ann Arbor this November would make 6 in a row and the longest consecutive win streak since Michigan won 6 in a row from 1922 to 1927.

Last edited by ohiomike; 09-13-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #68 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I was looking at a site that said Michigan won in 2006, but obviously that is incorrect. I will give Rich Rod a call this afternoon to make sure he doesn't let the 6 in a row happen... lol
Old 09-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I was looking at a site that said Michigan won in 2006, but obviously that is incorrect. I will give Rich Rod a call this afternoon to make sure he doesn't let the 6 in a row happen... lol
I just hope neither team has a let down before the game so that we're both ranked teams. The big 10 is dangerous this year though, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #70 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Ohio state and purdue let the top 2 Pac-10 teams off the hook last night. It was a very dissapointing day as far as changing perception goes. Seeing how poor Ohio State is on offense they will definitely have their hands full with Toledo next week. The losses set Both teams back as far as believing they can have the seasons they want to. Oh well, there's Penn State left to carry the banner right?
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
The difference the SEC BEATS their cupcakes - the Big 10 loses!!

Really,ask Tennessee about that
Old 09-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Really,ask Tennessee about that
UCLA vs. CMU - come on!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #73 (permalink)

danimal--with your prediction of the USC OSU game 29 points off, I don't think I'm gonna trust you with your Michigan-OSU prediction (All due respect to Wolverines fans) And once again keymosabee----get your facts right--you're making predictions and statments about everything then turning your back

Brett Favre is in the NFL so go to that forum if you want to keep flip-flopping

and what's that with terrelle pryor being worse than baby barkley? You know what, terelle did throw a pick to start off the game--but that really doesn't matter. What matters is that you're a guy who reads articles on espn.com and instantly agrees with them. They said barkley saved the game for the trojans--you repeated. Any football fan who watched the game knows that if you have to pick a saving grace for USC it's Joe McKnight. Barkley had one pass in the last drive when they scored and it was to Joe McKnight---he didn't save the game and he's not that good. And no where close to terrelle

and finally there was only one cupcake the big ten teams should have beaten and it's MSU who lost to CMU. Other than that, the teams with losses in the big ten--illinois, purdue and OSU lost to decent teams.----osu to usc, illinois to missou, and purdue to oregon by two points

don't come back with some stupid comment saying "OSU is a turd" if you have good accurate info, say it

Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
danimal--with your prediction of the USC OSU game 29 points off, I don't think I'm gonna trust you with your Michigan-OSU prediction (All due respect to Wolverines fans) And once again keymosabee----get your facts right--you're making predictions and statments about everything then turning your back

Brett Favre is in the NFL so go to that forum if you want to keep flip-flopping

and what's that with terrelle pryor being worse than baby barkley? You know what, terelle did throw a pick to start off the game--but that really doesn't matter. What matters is that you're a guy who reads articles on espn.com and instantly agrees with them. They said barkley saved the game for the trojans--you repeated. Any football fan who watched the game knows that if you have to pick a saving grace for USC it's Joe McKnight. Barkley had one pass in the last drive when they scored and it was to Joe McKnight---he didn't save the game and he's not that good. And no where close to terrelle

and finally there was only one cupcake the big ten teams should have beaten and it's MSU who lost to CMU. Other than that, the teams with losses in the big ten--illinois, purdue and OSU lost to decent teams.----osu to usc, illinois to missou, and purdue to oregon by two points

don't come back with some stupid comment saying "OSU is a turd" if you have good accurate info, say it
You said no Freshman QB would come into the Shoe and win - so you were wrong!!! Also - haven't been on espn.com this weekend! I think you are sad that OSU worse the USC!!!

Last edited by danimal; 09-13-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #75 (permalink)

no, OSU isn't worse than USC. Yes, they beat them, but let's be real here--did usc deserve to win the game? take away the field goal in the end of the first half, and give osu the td on usc's goalline stand and OSU wins the game easy. I am not trying to rid of the loss, but am looking at things on a rationality standpoint, if you know what that means. just cuz a team beats another, that doesn't mean they're better than them--is BYU better than OU? houston over OK St.?

and my last messaage said don't send antoher without facts. You got me with the barkley thing, I was wrong, (cuz you never were) but I, unlike you, will hold strong by my word that pryor is leagues better than barkley