Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
no, OSU isn't worse than USC. Yes, they beat them, but let's be real here--did usc deserve to win the game? take away the field goal in the end of the first half, and give osu the td on usc's goalline stand and OSU wins the game easy. I am not trying to rid of the loss, but am looking at things on a rationality standpoint, if you know what that means. just cuz a team beats another, that doesn't mean they're better than them--is BYU better than OU? houston over OK St.?

and my last messaage said don't send antoher without facts. You got me with the barkley thing, I was wrong, (cuz you never were) but I, unlike you, will hold strong by my word that pryor is leagues better than barkley
The way barkley played ohio state should of won. i agree with you 100 % with everything you wrote.
RedDog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #77 (permalink)

thank you reddog

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
no, OSU isn't worse than USC. Yes, they beat them, but let's be real here--did usc deserve to win the game? take away the field goal in the end of the first half, and give osu the td on usc's goalline stand and OSU wins the game easy. I am not trying to rid of the loss, but am looking at things on a rationality standpoint, if you know what that means. just cuz a team beats another, that doesn't mean they're better than them--is BYU better than OU? houston over OK St.?

and my last messaage said don't send antoher without facts. You got me with the barkley thing, I was wrong, (cuz you never were) but I, unlike you, will hold strong by my word that pryor is leagues better than barkley
Take away USC's 17 points and OSU would have won! Wow you OSU homers are great!!! Your right OSU is the best team on the planet they just happen to beat themselves!!

USC went into a hostile stadium and WON - the better team won in the 4th Quarter when it counts. The Suckeyes were unable to score on the goal line because their fat unathletic OLine could not block a BETTER USC defense!!

Last edited by danimal; 09-13-2009 at 01:50 PM.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #79 (permalink)

if you weren't such an a**h***(fill in the blanks) you would have read through my comment saying I'm not trying to take away their victory, just stating my thoughts and if you read it you would have realized it was a credible thought, not an attack. And please come up with something better than fat and unathletic you're making points that have nothing to do with facts

and homers? really?

I also love it when you drop any point you make iof more than one people are against your point hint: matt barkley

Old 09-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #80 (permalink)

Scoreboard!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #81 (permalink)

are you illiterate, or just ignorant?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
are you illiterate, or just ignorant?
Spoken like a true Buckeye!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #83 (permalink)

or both I guess. Now, maybe I'm wrong here, but I'd like to bring up the fact again that I'm 13. You're like 30. And I think you just can't accept the fact that a young teen knows more than you about football and is more mature

Old 09-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
or both I guess. Now, maybe I'm wrong here, but I'd like to bring up the fact again that I'm 13. You're like 30. And I think you just can't accept the fact that a young teen knows more than you about football and is more mature
You are the one who lowered yourself to personal attacks! Way to be mature! Also a sure sign of maturity is someone consistently telling everyone how mature they are. Thank you for letting me know how mature you are and how much you know about football. You are a Buckeye fan and both are prerequisites!

Last edited by danimal; 09-13-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #85 (permalink)

you're righ twith the personal thing, I did go there first. But when people only listen to their own ideas and no one elses I feel a need to push my ideas more.

and also, let's stop this feud, it's no longer about football

Old 09-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #86 (permalink)

I don't think osu is even that good before the game. They also lossed too much talent. Penn state is the team to beat in the big ten this year.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #87 (permalink)

danimal, you're obviously one of those homers who likes to start things with teams and fans you don't like. Let me break it down for you, I only read the last 5 pages and saw the title of your thread, so I'll start with the title. Big 10 hasn't been on par for the past couple of years, I'll admit that. They have a few good teams, but they can't seem to win the big games. As far as the Big East goes, they are a pretty good conference (see UC Bearcats). The Cincinnati Bearcats could beat USC by 21 points after watching the game last night. No contest.

USC did surprise me last night. They were nowhere near as good as I thought they would be. Barkley did pretty good for being a freshman QB in a very hostile environment, but like the Buckeye poster above me said, McKnight was the savior of USC last night. Tressel, IMO, absolutely blew that game with his conservative playcalling. OSU should've won that game by 10. Pryor didn't play that well, but he played well enough to win the game IF Tressel would've been more aggressive at the right moments. The only thing that happened last night was Pete Carroll outcoaching Jim Tressel. The Buckeye players won the physical and mental game for 3 1/2 quarters. The Buckeyes DOMINATED the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The last drive USC had should've been a desperation drive by the Trojans, trailing by more than a touchdown, but Tressel coached a terrible game. Tressel lost the game for the Buckeyes.

Oh, and for the record, Notre Dame is considered an independent team in football, which means they don't belong to a conference, and they belong in the Big East conference in the other sports. Please look up your information before you type it. You don't sound very knowledgeable with statements like "Notre Dame is in the Big 10".
larkins_redlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkins_redlegs View Post
danimal, you're obviously one of those homers who likes to start things with teams and fans you don't like. Let me break it down for you, I only read the last 5 pages and saw the title of your thread, so I'll start with the title. Big 10 hasn't been on par for the past couple of years, I'll admit that. They have a few good teams, but they can't seem to win the big games. As far as the Big East goes, they are a pretty good conference (see UC Bearcats). The Cincinnati Bearcats could beat USC by 21 points after watching the game last night. No contest.

USC did surprise me last night. They were nowhere near as good as I thought they would be. Barkley did pretty good for being a freshman QB in a very hostile environment, but like the Buckeye poster above me said, McKnight was the savior of USC last night. Tressel, IMO, absolutely blew that game with his conservative playcalling. OSU should've won that game by 10. Pryor didn't play that well, but he played well enough to win the game IF Tressel would've been more aggressive at the right moments. The only thing that happened last night was Pete Carroll outcoaching Jim Tressel. The Buckeye players won the physical and mental game for 3 1/2 quarters. The Buckeyes DOMINATED the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The last drive USC had should've been a desperation drive by the Trojans, trailing by more than a touchdown, but Tressel coached a terrible game. Tressel lost the game for the Buckeyes.

Oh, and for the record, Notre Dame is considered an independent team in football, which means they don't belong to a conference, and they belong in the Big East conference in the other sports. Please look up your information before you type it. You don't sound very knowledgeable with statements like "Notre Dame is in the Big 10".
You don't sound very knowledgeable saying Cincinnati would beat USC by 21 - that is about as homer a statement anyone can possibly make! Even OSU fans will agree with me on that point. And if you read my later post you will see where I realized my mistake about ND. I just get my mid-major conferences like the Big 10 and Big East confused sometimes!

Last edited by danimal; 09-13-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Ok where is my popcorn and my pretty cookie?

Alright now SEC is the best confrence and the best team is the Arkansas Razorbacks WOOPIGSOOIE.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
Ok where is my popcorn and my pretty cookie?

Alright now SEC is the best confrence and the best team is the Arkansas Razorbacks WOOPIGSOOIE.

I agree with you that the SEC is the best conference and i hope your right about the Razorbacks. Looking forward to the Georgia game this week.

Dennis
dlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkins_redlegs View Post

You should check the stats for the game, USC beat OSU in every stat including the only one that really counts. Also to those claiming Barkley did nothing on the final drive: 3 for 5 passing for 55 of the 95 yards.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
You should check the stats for the game, USC beat OSU in every stat including the only one that really counts. Also to those claiming Barkley did nothing on the final drive: 3 for 5 passing for 55 of the 95 yards.
Thank you! Finally someone else who is not looking at the world through scarlet and gray glasses!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
what were the rest of his stats?
RedDog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDog12 View Post
what were the rest of his stats?
They were better than Pryor's!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #95 (permalink)

no, danimal, they weren't

passing, pryor had a higher average and about the same coompletion rate. secondly, your forgetting the rushing stats, where barkley had 7 rushes for 8 yards and pryor had 10 rushes for 36 yards

Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #96 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Let's end this debate... Forcier had better stats than both of them combined (sans total yards)!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Let's end this debate... Forcier had better stats than both of them combined (sans total yards)!
Agreed. Forcier was the most impressive Freshman (or Sophmore for that matter) QB this past Saturday.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #98 (permalink)

that's not the debate--it's who was better of barkley and pryor

Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
that's not the debate--it's who was better of barkley and pryor
Neither. Pryor looked like a kid who has not figured it out yet when it comes to big games,and Barkley had a running back to lean on,which OSU didn't have
Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #100 (permalink)

I agree, but that's stil not the debate. The debate is who played better