Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
gman71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 6,130
Default

Barkley

The stats don't show what each did when it mattered. Barkley came thru,Pryor did not
__________________
I don't trade
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Barkley

The stats don't show what each did when it mattered. Barkley came thru,Pryor did not
Count the basket, and one!
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

The only 2 numbers that matter are USC 18 - OSU 15.

I want WINNERS!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
I agree, but that's stil not the debate. The debate is who played better

Not sure who played better, both played decent at times and both struggled at times. I guess the main thing is USC got a big win at a very tough place to get a win and i guess that is all that matters. I think both Barkley and Pryor will have better games in the future though.

Dennis
dlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
I'm just gonna say that come next saturday, be wary of the game

and then I'm gonna leave, because I think, as a 13 year old, (that's right I'm 13), I am classier than a man who says "turd"
i had to quote this for future reference

Worst Upset of Week 6
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
buckeyefan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 661
Default

fair captain--my son. ask hog about it, he sent my kids a package. He lived in pa for 11 years--and he chose my freakin name "buckeyefan"--I , the 40-yearold am a penn state fan.
__________________
s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/buckeyefan32/

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 AM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
I'd like to bring up the fact again that I'm 13.
So how old are you buckeye? Are you a thirteen year old father? Did you screw over hog and say you were a "parent" so that he would send you stuff for free?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
buckeyefan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 661
Default

I don't know why you guys find this so hard to believe, if you're all going to be jerks about it I'll post a picture of me and my kid just to shut you up
__________________
s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/buckeyefan32/

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
I don't know why you guys find this so hard to believe, if you're all going to be jerks about it I'll post a picture of me and my kid just to shut you up
Can you please begin all of your posts with "Tool Bag 1" - for old man and "Tool Bag 2" - for your kid so the what we which one of you is posting under this id? idkthx!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,374
Default

If you are really an adult, why in the world would you ever say you were 13?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
buckeyefan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 661
Default

because I have a kid, laking
Toolbag 2
decided to keep the forums clean and edit this
__________________
s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/buckeyefan32/

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup

Last edited by buckeyefan32; 10-21-2009 at 07:00 PM.
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,329
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
because I have a kid, laking
Toolbag 2
And danimal, could you please label your posts starting with whatever went up your business that day, if you catch my drift
Go check out Off-Topic, you are the center of attention in a new thread...
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
buckeyefan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 661
Default

Toolbag 2
haha, I feel like eminem. I love it
__________________
s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/buckeyefan32/

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

We need to get this thread back on topic.

So what is worse MLB umpiring or Big Ten Football? Was Ohio State keeping the offense vanilla last week vs. Purdue in order to not show anything to Minnesota this week!!!!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

OSU has an offense? I know your not talking about Ohio State University becuase they can't move the ball vs anyone. They haven't had a decent offense since last year. That was mainly wells and very experienced receivers.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #116 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
They haven't had a decent offense since last year. That was mainly wells and very experienced receivers.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. People need to realize how good OSU has been the past 5 years with the players they had. Maybe USC has had more pro players but it is not by much. They were due for a step back because of all the talent they lost on both sides of the ball. Anybody who tought they were going to go undefeated this year was smoking some good stuff. Pryor is nothing more than a step below Vince Young at his prime right now but Tressel wants to use him as Peyton Manning and have him as a pocket passer. Well, sh!t I have better accuracy than him and probably a few other members do to and that just won't work as I would be a terrible D1 qb.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. People need to realize how good OSU has been the past 5 years with the players they had. Maybe USC has had more pro players but it is not by much. They were due for a step back because of all the talent they lost on both sides of the ball. Anybody who tought they were going to go undefeated this year was smoking some good stuff. Pryor is nothing more than a step below Vince Young at his prime right now but Tressel wants to use him as Peyton Manning and have him as a pocket passer. Well, sh!t I have better accuracy than him and probably a few other members do to and that just won't work as I would be a terrible D1 qb.
I agree, they lost wells, robiske, hartline, anotehr receiver as well I think. They probably lost some o lineman as well. They did lose some good Lb's and a very good corner. Their D isn't that great either. Otherwise they would have beat a team that had one win prior to the game. They beat wisky from a poor performance by a "ok" at best qb. They will not beat iowa and michigan and maybe even MSU and their pass happy offense.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,631
Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
I agree, they lost wells, robiske, hartline, anotehr receiver as well I think. They probably lost some o lineman as well. They did lose some good Lb's and a very good corner. Their D isn't that great either. Otherwise they would have beat a team that had one win prior to the game. They beat wisky from a poor performance by a "ok" at best qb. They will not beat iowa and michigan and maybe even MSU and their pass happy offense.
When you look at Purdue its how they lost their games. They are easily the best 2-5 team out there and they proved it this weekend. I went to the game because I knew how well we played them defensively last year (Our DE who forced the 2 fumbles this year ate Pryor's lunch last year too)and that we were due to have some bounces go our way after all the tough luck turnover we've had. We really took the fight to OSU and earned that win though. Out 2 Ints were beautiful plays by our DB, not just jump balls. Our 3 Forced Fumbles were forcably stripped, not lucky fumbles. The team should be AT LEAST 4-3 at this point and rolling to 8 wins. Instead we have let poor coaching and especially poor special teams execution get in the way...here's how its happened....

At Oregon we completely dominated them on the road, overcame a pick 6 and a fumble return for a TD only to blow a late XP and the subsequent 2pt conversion to blow the game.

They then came out and completely blanked against NIU. A lot of it can be attributed to the hangover of letting a really good Oregon team off the hook. That and 2 punt fumbles and just poor offensive play.

The Notre Dame game was a good game against a good team. Our coaches let ND off the hook by calling a late timeout and giving Clausen 2 plays from the 4 to try to win the game instead of one. On play 1 he missed Tate. On play 2 he hit his guy. Tough luck loss.

The NOrthwestern game we jumped out to a 21-0 lead and never socred again. Turned it over 6 times and never got a bounce in the 2nd half. Mix of poor coaching and poor special teams again. Terrible execution on offense in the last 32 minutes of the game.

Against Minnesota we had a 7 yard punt (punter was benched for the year after this), a blocked FG for a TD, 2 INTs returned deep. They had 3 TD scoring drives of 25 yds or less. They sustained one drive on us all day.

I know that turnovers make a team bad...but if we could have limited our 6 vs. Northwestern to 4 we win. If we take 2 of those away against Minny we are competitive. If the 2 for TDs against Oregon were erased we blow them out on their own field and get a little respect back for the Big Ten.

I still think that we turned the corner this weekend and have a decent shot at a bowl. We still have Illinois and Indiana (4 wins) and have to win 2 vs. Wisconsin (who struggled against OSU), Michigan and Michigan State. Pretty tall order but we defintely can if we take the bullets out of the gun and stop shooting ourselves in the foot!!
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

The Big 10 must have some horrible coaches! It looks like all Big Ten loses are do to poor coaching and play calling.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,631
Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
The Big 10 must have some horrible coaches! It looks like all Big Ten loses are do to poor coaching and play calling.
I can speak to Purdue and it's not play calling but it's certainly coaching. Ourhead coach was a wildly sucessful oline coach who won't admit he's in over his head as far as game prep and knowing what it really takes to win in the fbs. He is a decent recruiter and if he can learn to prepare his team (may have turned the corner this week) he'll be ok. In tressels case he's a terrible offensive game planner and schemer. just like rodriguez will never be able to put a good defense on the field at Michigan. The big ten will have like 3or 4 9 win teams tho and they are a bad conference? I don't get it!!! So we don't have a team that wins a national title every year. Last time I checked there's only one of those. The big 12, PAC-10, big east, acc or anybody else except the SEC doesn't really have anything better going for it than the Big Ten does.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
The big 12, PAC-10, big east, acc or anybody else except the SEC doesn't really have anything better going for it than the Big Ten does.
I like to judge the Big 10 suckiness by bowl records.

Last Years Bowl Records:

Pac 10: 5-0
SEC: 6-2
Big East: 4-2
CUSA: 4-2
MWC: 3-2
Big 12: 4-3
Sun Belt: 1-1
ACC: 4-6
WAC: 1-4
Big 10: 1-6
MAC: 0-5
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I like to judge the Big 10 suckiness by bowl records.

Last Years Bowl Records:

Pac 10: 5-0
SEC: 6-2
Big East: 4-2
CUSA: 4-2
MWC: 3-2
Big 12: 4-3
Sun Belt: 1-1
ACC: 4-6
WAC: 1-4
Big 10: 1-6
MAC: 0-5
You keep revirting to last year this and that. Dude its one year. I got something for ya, the big ten sucks huh? Well I guess the big ten has put some of the BEST qbs in the NFL. Lets start with a guy names Ton Brady. Ever heard of him? Me either. How about drew brees? Ya, thought I seen him throw a TD pass or two vs the gmen. Chad Henne ( one game) but look great. There is others from the past too. Probably a few more I missed from the past 4 years as well. Its not just the qbs. Lineman, WR's and ALL that are great coming from the big ten. Actually, they are usually the best fits for the NFL. Why because of the tradition style offenses and D's. Where is Chase Daniel? Graham Harrel? Those guys put up numbers in college, but thats all. Tim tebow will be next. How about Chris leak? Them are good sec qbs right? You say they suck but look past the stats. They are nowhere. Where as there are TONs of guys and HUGE name players from the Big Ten. You can argue that both ways but The Big Ten puts guys out there that do big things. They might not blow you away in college but they sure do in the NFL. Two years ago wisky was 12-1. Great offense and deffense and beat Felix Jones and darren mcfadden from arkansas in the capital one bowl. That year I wish we had OSU on the schedule. This year, and last I agree the big ten was down. But this conferance does not suck by any means. There is only one real easy win and that is Illinois. No offense to any fans btw. This league is super young and talented. Next year, I think IMO, will be a different story. Some of the most talented skill position players in the nfl are currently from the big ten. As well as other conferances. Its down this year, nobody here will argue that. Who knows what Iowa team will show up each week? I couldn't tell ya. If they have 6 bowl eligable teams this year and win 4, I'd be surprised but I'd still call it a down year even if ALL the teams win their bowl games. If that happens, you will stay say it was bad games by the other teams. Thats why I won't say anything if they win all, half or however many bowls they make. Anyone who watches the big ten knows there is alot of young talent in this league and has to be excited for the next few years. Im done with you danimal because there is no point in reasoning with you. Its like talking to our new kitten. Gets ya know where. Have a good one man.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Not sure how I missed this thread, and I don't have time to read it all, but Iowa is for real. Are they better than Florida or Alabama? I cannot say for sure, but they're not just a result of a poor conference. They were the only team in the Big Ten to win their bowl game last year (And in great fashion), they lost Shonn Greene to the NFL, then lost their starting RB days before the season started. Their defense is one of the best in the country, and as we've seen, they're simply an outstanding second-half team. They in the top three in FBS in interceptions and turnover advantage...They also cannot get the recruits of a USC, Florida or Ohio State, yet they're still making big waves.

So while I will not doubt that the Big Ten is not what it was the last couple years, I don't believe it's fair to treat Iowa like a non-BCS school...
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #124 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Iowa will lose this week to Michigan State book it
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
You keep revirting to last year this and that. Dude its one year. I got something for ya, the big ten sucks huh? Well I guess the big ten has put some of the BEST qbs in the NFL. Lets start with a guy names Ton Brady. Ever heard of him? Me either. How about drew brees? Ya, thought I seen him throw a TD pass or two vs the gmen. Chad Henne ( one game) but look great. There is others from the past too. Probably a few more I missed from the past 4 years as well. Its not just the qbs. Lineman, WR's and ALL that are great coming from the big ten. Actually, they are usually the best fits for the NFL. Why because of the tradition style offenses and D's. Where is Chase Daniel? Graham Harrel? Those guys put up numbers in college, but thats all. Tim tebow will be next. How about Chris leak? Them are good sec qbs right? You say they suck but look past the stats. They are nowhere. Where as there are TONs of guys and HUGE name players from the Big Ten. You can argue that both ways but The Big Ten puts guys out there that do big things. They might not blow you away in college but they sure do in the NFL. Two years ago wisky was 12-1. Great offense and deffense and beat Felix Jones and darren mcfadden from arkansas in the capital one bowl. That year I wish we had OSU on the schedule. This year, and last I agree the big ten was down. But this conferance does not suck by any means. There is only one real easy win and that is Illinois. No offense to any fans btw. This league is super young and talented. Next year, I think IMO, will be a different story. Some of the most talented skill position players in the nfl are currently from the big ten. As well as other conferances. Its down this year, nobody here will argue that. Who knows what Iowa team will show up each week? I couldn't tell ya. If they have 6 bowl eligable teams this year and win 4, I'd be surprised but I'd still call it a down year even if ALL the teams win their bowl games. If that happens, you will stay say it was bad games by the other teams. Thats why I won't say anything if they win all, half or however many bowls they make. Anyone who watches the big ten knows there is alot of young talent in this league and has to be excited for the next few years. Im done with you danimal because there is no point in reasoning with you. Its like talking to our new kitten. Gets ya know where. Have a good one man.

1) Every conference puts good players in the NFL, don't act like the Big 10 is the main source for successful NFL players because the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 and Big East all have their share too.

2) It wasn't just one year. The Big 10 has been struggling in bowl games now for the last 3 years.

3) The Big 10 doesn't suck, it's just not very good. They have a very weak non conference schedule for one and two, see number one.

4) How do you think Iowa would have done if they played Alabama's schedule or maybe even Tennessee's?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.