Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
The clear cut looks stupid IMO. A piece of plastic over the patch??
It's not a piece of plastic over the patch. It's a curved slit of acetate over the bottom of the patch. Most of the patch is not covered by the signing area. People want bigger patches, these are the biggest swatches possible, let alone an RPA. This was the only way to give everyone both.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

print run is also less than TOPPS CHROME
BOOMER7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
The clear cut looks stupid IMO. A piece of plastic over the patch??
1) Read sell sheet
2) Speak
3) Won't be corrected
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

so this will eliminate fake Patches?
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srslychris View Post
so this will eliminate fake Patches?
Essentially. Until someone figures out how to remove the auto window and put it back.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusRelax View Post
Based on my calculations, print run is actually pretty similar to Topps Prime. It's not like Finest or Platinum, where you'll have autos of Pead/Egnew /xxxx.
The Prime comparison almost scares me.

I'm a rip and flipper. I like the gamble. All the Luck/Griffin autos in Prime made the /50, /75, /99 settle virtually identically in "value." Hell the /260 doesn't have much less value.

I guess I just hope the cards look different like a Finest/Prime hybrid. Better odds at hitting the hotshots (Prime), but more visual differences to tell the different serials apart (Finest).
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #32 (permalink)

I just think the design as a whole of this product is fantastic. I cant wait to open my case of this when it comes out.

Part of me wants to think that they were saving a lot of Lucks and RG3 to try and come out with a solid new product to try and gain a following. They seem to really push this, even with early previews. I hope I'm right. Probably not but still hope.
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
I just think the design as a whole of this product is fantastic. I cant wait to open my case of this when it comes out.

Part of me wants to think that they were saving a lot of Lucks and RG3 to try and come out with a solid new product to try and gain a following. They seem to really push this, even with early previews. I hope I'm right. Probably not but still hope.
I'd guess you're right.

They pushed it back to December so it doesn't get demolished by Chrome. First year product. A /35, /15, or /5 case guarantee. New ideas with the rivet cards, etc...

They want to make another hit in the midrange that they can sell every year.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
The Prime comparison almost scares me.

I'm a rip and flipper. I like the gamble. All the Luck/Griffin autos in Prime made the /50, /75, /99 settle virtually identically in "value." Hell the /260 doesn't have much less value.

I guess I just hope the cards look different like a Finest/Prime hybrid. Better odds at hitting the hotshots (Prime), but more visual differences to tell the different serials apart (Finest).
You have a valid point; I think the reason for this is because the numbering is so close together... they probably should have broken down the numbering similar to how they do it for bowman chrome baseball. Keeping a similar amount of #'d cards, I think this would have worked better:

300 Bronze
75 Gold
25 Blue
10 Green
5 Red
1 Platinum

416 Total #'d per card

for contrast, here is their current breakdown:

150 Bronze
99 Gold
75 Blue
55 Green
30 Red
1 Platinum

410 Total #'d per card

The case hit breakdown seems to be pretty good:

35 Relic
15 Patch
5 Rivet Patch

I like how they give added value to each tier for the case hit; that should help the higher tier case hits to maintain a much higher value than the base normal relic case hits.

I don't think they need to have any 1/1's for the case hit, since they have numerous other 1/1's (i.e. - book cards, platinum parallel patch autos, etc.)
JusRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
You have a valid point; I think the reason for this is because the numbering is so close together... they probably should have broken down the numbering similar to how they do it for bowman chrome baseball. Keeping a similar amount of #'d cards, I think this would have worked better:

300 Bronze
75 Gold
25 Blue
10 Green
5 Red
1 Platinum

416 Total #'d per card

150 Bronze
99 Gold
75 Blue
55 Green
30 Red
1 Platinum

410 Total #'d per card

35 Relic
15 Patch
5 Rivet Patch

I like how they give added value to each tier for the case hit; that should help the higher tier case hits to maintain a much higher value than the base normal relic case hits.

I don't think they need to have any 1/1's for the case hit, since they have numerous other 1/1's (i.e. - book cards, platinum parallel patch autos, etc.)
You guys are getting me pumped for my case.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
You guys are getting me pumped for my case.
me to Im pretty Happy I pre ordered my case when it was around $750 a case

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:

300 Bronze
75 Gold
25 Blue
10 Green
5 Red
1 Platinum

416 Total #'d per card

150 Bronze
99 Gold
75 Blue
55 Green
30 Red
1 Platinum

410 Total #'d per card

35 Relic
15 Patch
5 Rivet Patch

Definitely, I like your breakdown. Hitting a blue out of 25, with a couple high tiers above it, would feel a bit more exciting than hitting a red out of 30...with nothing higher tiered except for the 1/1. At least for me.

As for the case hits you have a 4 in 11 chance your case will contain a /15 or a /5. I can appreciate those odds. 1 in 11 for a rivet patch...which really could be much worse.

A small chance for a case with a rivet patch and a 1/1 "non case hit"? Sounds cool.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise4671 View Post
me to Im pretty Happy I pre ordered my case when it was around $750 a case
I'm in at that price too. So here's my question guys: do I wait and see if prices spike after release, sell the case, or do I rip immediately so that anything I want to sell will sell better? How bug of a difference in prices does a week or two make?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
I'm in at that price too. So here's my question guys: do I wait and see if prices spike after release, sell the case, or do I rip immediately so that anything I want to sell will sell better? How bug of a difference in prices does a week or two make?
The week or 2 depends on what other product comes out seems when something new comes out the other products go down. For me Im gonna either break it when I get it or put it under the tree and open on Christmas

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Old 10-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise4671 View Post
The week or 2 depends on what other product comes out seems when something new comes out the other products go down. For me Im gonna either break it when I get it or put it under the tree and open on Christmas
Christmas? You have a billion times more patience than I.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
Christmas? You have a billion times more patience than I.
Dont come out till Dec. 5th still I may break before then

Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #42 (permalink)

Check out rookieshack.com! Has cases of this for $699! Wish I had extra cash
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Check out rookieshack.com! Has cases of this for $699! Wish I had extra cash
All gone -- guess some people here cleared them out lol. Last I checked they had like 20 cases available.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
All gone -- guess some people here cleared them out lol. Last I checked they had like 20 cases available.
Haha I figured ppl would. I dunno how he makes any money off those when he sells them that cheap. That's the price a friend of mine gets them for from a distributor he has an account with.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasacar86 View Post
Are the RG3 relics socks? That'd be cool
yeah he posted pics of those socks on twitter and bryce harper has them too, that would be a sick card, except id dont think he wears them in games....
-----> SCB's Draft 10 Caser:
MikeWilliamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #46 (permalink)

He can't; league approves team sock colors.
bigmikeatl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Topps Letterman all over again.

Cue the lemmings running towards the cliff.
I'm with you madbacker. Some of the cards look ok, but the big hits will be super rare......
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Topps Letterman all over again.

Cue the lemmings running towards the cliff.

Quote:
OK, enjoy your Michael Egnew and Isaia Pead Autos.
Dont forget Greg Childs and TJ Graham. And I sure hope those inscription cards say "inscription" on them somewhere or every scammer and dirtball this hobby seems to come with will be inscribing away in thier parents basement and ruining every card in the process. This product looks beyond horrible. Topps must see these people coming from a mile away.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #49 (permalink)

I'm probably a little biased because I'm getting a bunch of strata for myself, but let me refute some of the dismal predictions about strata:

1. Some of the cards look ok, but the big hits will be super rare.....

They can't be as rare as they were in topps platinum or topps finest, because the print run is limited to less than 2200 cases. Topps platinum and Topps finest had print runs of over 6000+. So even if there were no base autos of Luck/RG3, in Strata they would be "more common" than in platinum/finest.

2. Topps Letterman all over again. Cue the lemmings running towards the cliff.

Topps Letterman suffered gravely from "manufactured patches" that were not declared as "manufactured" initially. Moreover, as the name of the product reveals, this was the major selling point of the product. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, these patches weren't even on jerseys. When the consumer received these manufactured patches, it left a bad taste in their mouth because they found out that they weren't real game-used patches, and they weren't as rare as they thought they would be. Nobody believes that the patches in Strata will be game-used. We all know that they will be rookie photo shoot-used. Hey, at least these patches will have been actual patches on a jersey, and at least the jerseys will have actually been worn.

Add in the fact that at least some of the autographs will be on-card, and the fact that the product is introducing a new type of technology into the industry that hasn't been used before, and I can't help but root for this product.

I won't be the one to guarantee that the product is going to be a hit, because I don't want people blaming me if it does flop. But I AM putting my money where my mouth is; I am heavily invested into this product.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm probably a little biased because I'm getting a bunch of strata for myself, but let me refute some of the dismal predictions about strata:

1. Some of the cards look ok, but the big hits will be super rare.....

They can't be as rare as they were in topps platinum or topps finest, because the print run is limited to less than 2200 cases. Topps platinum and Topps finest had print runs of over 6000+. So even if there were no base autos of Luck/RG3, in Strata they would be "more common" than in platinum/finest.

2. Topps Letterman all over again. Cue the lemmings running towards the cliff.

Topps Letterman suffered gravely from "manufactured patches" that were not declared as "manufactured" initially. Moreover, as the name of the product reveals, this was the major selling point of the product. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, these patches weren't even on jerseys. When the consumer received these manufactured patches, it left a bad taste in their mouth because they found out that they weren't real game-used patches, and they weren't as rare as they thought they would be. Nobody believes that the patches in Strata will be game-used. We all know that they will be rookie photo shoot-used. Hey, at least these patches will have been actual patches on a jersey, and at least the jerseys will have actually been worn.

Add in the fact that at least some of the autographs will be on-card, and the fact that the product is introducing a new type of technology into the industry that hasn't been used before, and I can't help but root for this product.

I won't be the one to guarantee that the product is going to be a hit, because I don't want people blaming me if it does flop. But I AM putting my money where my mouth is; I am heavily invested into this product.
While I do wish you luck on your break and hope you do well, I also will advise you to grab a few of these so you are fully prepared for the a*s raping you will without a doubt have to endure.