Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Topps Letterman all over again.

Cue the lemmings running towards the cliff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

Dont forget Greg Childs and TJ Graham. And I sure hope those inscription cards say "inscription" on them somewhere or every scammer and dirtball this hobby seems to come with will be inscribing away in thier parents basement and ruining every card in the process. This product looks beyond horrible. Topps must see these people coming from a mile away.

Imagine that, you 2 come in with negative comments. How about you both post something you actually like. Because I don't think there is such a product. I like that Topps is trying some new things and not just rehashing the same ole same ole. There are a few things I don't like about it but that can be said about almost any product. Overall, the design is refreshing and if it was executed correctly it should be a hit.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
Imagine that, you 2 come in with negative comments. How about you both post something you actually like. Because I don't think there is such a product. I like that Topps is trying some new things and not just rehashing the same ole same ole. There are a few things I don't like about it but that can be said about almost any product. Overall, the design is refreshing and if it was executed correctly it should be a hit.
Put me on ignore if you dont like what I say. Seems to me that you are basically saying that if someone does not agree with you about a product they are not allowed to voice thier opinion about it. Everyone else is coming in here saying they love this product so why are we not allowed to say we dont like this product? As far as a product I like. None. I dont bust wax. I like my money and work hard for it. I refuse to allow Topps, Panini or Upper Deck to choose random cards for me when it comes to acquiring things for my collection. I decide what goes in my collection.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Put me on ignore if you dont like what I say. Seems to me that you are basically saying that if someone does not agree with you about a product they are not allowed to voice thier opinion about it. Everyone else is coming in here saying they love this product so why are we not allowed to say we dont like this product? As far as a product I like. None. I dont bust wax. I like my money and work hard for it. I refuse to allow Topps, Panini or Upper Deck to choose random cards for me when it comes to acquiring things for my collection. I decide what goes in my collection.
You shouldn't rip on those that do rip wax or you wouldn't have anything to buy for your PC.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #54 (permalink)

It's funny that it is the same haters over and over again coming on these message boards and bashing every single product that is about to release. First off, you really have no idea how the product is going to be until the breaks are posted. Second, if you don't like what the card companies are doing, write them a letter with your complaints. I come on these message boards to get a feel about a new product with fellow collectors, and that might not always be a positive feel. But this helps me decide if I'm going to purchase the product or not. But atleast they post in an educated and informative way, not with pictures of vaseline jars like you ignorant idiots. You guys need to leave your Mom's basement every once and a while.
fctryseald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

Strata fb=winner
BOOMER7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that you 2 only have negative opinions and I was pointing that out. The bold statement just backs up what I said in my post. Just continue on with your negative attitude about everything in this hobby. Or, maybe leave the hobby if you dislike so much about it.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #57 (permalink)

To the above people. Put me on ignore if you do not like my posts. I will not stop sharing my opinion simply because you disagree with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
To the above people. Put me on ignore if you do not like my posts. I will not stop sharing my opinion simply because you disagree with it.
I don't like your posts, but not because you are sharing your opinion. What I don't like about your posts is that you are not backing up anything you have to say. If you were to give me a good reason as to why you think Strata will fail instead of just saying that it's going to suck, then I would appreciate it because that would provide me with more information that I may not have considered previously.
JusRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusRelax View Post
I don't like your posts, but not because you are sharing your opinion. What I don't like about your posts is that you are not backing up anything you have to say. If you were to give me a good reason as to why you think Strata will fail instead of just saying that it's going to suck, then I would appreciate it because that would provide me with more information that I may not have considered previously.
I mean, really? Have you all not seen the SAME EXACT trend with all Topps products this year?

Very little Luck, Griffin, Richardson.

Some Tannehill, Weeden, Martin, Blackmon, Floyd

A whole F-ing truckload of Jarius Wright, Michael Egnew and TJ Graham.

It's the same formula, over and over again and it'll be the same forumla with Strata.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
I mean, really? Have you all not seen the SAME EXACT trend with all Topps products this year?

Very little Luck, Griffin, Richardson.

Some Tannehill, Weeden, Martin, Blackmon, Floyd

A whole F-ing truckload of Jarius Wright, Michael Egnew and TJ Graham.

It's the same formula, over and over again and it'll be the same forumla with Strata.
Ok, I agree with you on that point for Topps Platinum and Topps Finest. I think most would agree with me that it was different for Topps Prime. Remember, the case production run for Topps Strata is supposed to be very similar to Topps Prime.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I agree with you on that point for Topps Platinum and Topps Finest. I think most would agree with me that it was different for Topps Prime. Remember, the case production run for Topps Strata is supposed to be very similar to Topps Prime.
They loaded Prime because of all the negative press they were getting from Platinum and Finest. Now that collectors are satisfied, they can dial down the insertion of big-name autos.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #62 (permalink)

Seriously some of u would complain about anything. Ya Luck and Griffin are tough pulls! They should be! You start loading a product up and you watch the value of them plummet. I agree that there could be better value in the boxes/cases, but do you not realize that box/case breaking is a gamble before you do it???
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Seriously some of u would complain about anything. Ya Luck and Griffin are tough pulls! They should be! You start loading a product up and you watch the value of them plummet. I agree that there could be better value in the boxes/cases, but do you not realize that box/case breaking is a gamble before you do it???
I agree with you. My problem is that people see the sell sheets with all these great cards and then wonder why Matt Kalil is the best hit of the case.

That's why they're called "SELL SHEETS", to make sales. You think that a Sell Sheet with Egnew and Isaiah Pead are going to get people excited?

Expect very, very little and then be happy when you get something great or open a pack while expecting $0.00 return. If you can afford to burn that money, then you can open packs.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
They loaded Prime because of all the negative press they were getting from Platinum and Finest. Now that collectors are satisfied, they can dial down the insertion of big-name autos.
Thanks, the points you're making are valid. Now just show me some proof that they will dial down insertion of big-name autos.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, the points you're making are valid. Now just show me some proof that they will dial down insertion of big-name autos.
Just wait for the breaks........
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:

And yet, even WITH the apparent watering down that Topps is doing, their products have still been better than what Panini has released....

That is especially sad.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
And yet, even WITH the apparent watering down that Topps is doing, their products have still been better than what Panini has released....

That is especially sad.
All the more reason for my migration over to non-sports. Better sets, better quality.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Just wait for the breaks........
You just proved the previous poster's point. You have no PROOF...just speculation based on your own opinion... I wish I was a lemming about Topps Chrome cause I would have made out like a bandit reselling the cases...

I only got my hands on 3 cases of Chrome and I did just fine... I will reserve my judgement on any product until I see the breaks...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
You just proved the previous poster's point. You have no PROOF...just speculation based on your own opinion... I wish I was a lemming about Topps Chrome cause I would have made out like a bandit reselling the cases...

I only got my hands on 3 cases of Chrome and I did just fine... I will reserve my judgement on any product until I see the breaks...
Someone just got his Topps enema.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #70 (permalink)

The one thing I notice consistently that bothers me is this:

If you don't bust wax, don't comment on the value of a box/case

It seems like a lot of the haters are the guys who say, "I just buy singles of the guys I want"

That's cool. If that's your approach to the hobby then go for it but don't hate on guys who are excited to bust wax. It's not that you can't share your opinions in general, but if you are against busting wax in general, then you don't really have a right to comment on whether a product is a fun rip.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Show me the proof they are gonna dial up the insertion of the big name players, that goes both ways. You are assuming this is gonna be a smash when in reality you have no idea what collectors are gonna think of this product. You are basing your opinion of the product as a whole on what you think of the product, thats all. Just because you think its great, that does not make it a fact. Its simply one persons opinion.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
The one thing I notice consistently that bothers me is this:

If you don't bust wax, don't comment on the value of a box/case

It seems like a lot of the haters are the guys who say, "I just buy singles of the guys I want"

That's cool. If that's your approach to the hobby then go for it but don't hate on guys who are excited to bust wax. It's not that you can't share your opinions in general, but if you are against busting wax in general, then you don't really have a right to comment on whether a product is a fun rip.
I dont bust wax but I will share my opinion of what I think of a product anytime I feel like it. Who are you to tell someone what they can and cannot comment on?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #73 (permalink)

It is hard to put too much stock in someone's opinion that a product sucks when they think all products suck...I guess Strata will be as good as Timeless Treasures and Chrome?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Show me the proof they are gonna dial up the insertion of the big name players, that goes both ways. You are assuming this is gonna be a smash when in reality you have no idea what collectors are gonna think of this product. You are basing your opinion of the product as a whole on what you think of the product, thats all. Just because you think its great, that does not make it a fact. Its simply one persons opinion.
I'm basing my 'opinion' on solid facts. You're right that I"m making my own assumptions based on those facts, but at least I have some kind of factual basis. You have no factual basis for why the insertion of big name players is going to be horrible. My assumption is that the print run for big names will be the same as Topps Prime because the case production run will definitely be the same (about 2200 cases). Please, give me some kind of factual basis for why you believe that big name players are going to have barely any hits.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
"As far as product I like. None. I don't bust wax. I like my money and work hard for it." ~cking

Why would anyone want to hear your opinion on a particular product when you already said you don't like any of them? Aside from that, you talk down to the rest of us by saying, "I like my money and work hard for it." Like the rest of us don't?
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote