Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Players do this stuff all the time. Most don't seek the praise though and do it quietly so you don't hear about it.
Do you have to come in here and try and put down what he did because the press asked about it. Goodness, Im trying to put it out there so that people can see that not all football players are wealthy snobs, so if you have a link of an NFL player doing something good, or you would like to commend Cutty and Matt For their actions, please feel free to do so. But basically implying that Jay and/or Matt was just seeking praise is a bit uncalled for. Thank you.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 10-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ummm....that was Brad's point.

Tom Brady has a Best Buddies event every week...does it really need to be said or promoted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Do you have to come in here and try and put down what he did because the press asked about it. Goodness, Im trying to put it out there so that people can see that not all football players are wealthy snobs, so if you have a link of an NFL player doing something good, or you would like to commend Cutty and Matt For their actions, please feel free to do so. But basically implying that Jay and/or Matt was just seeking praise is a bit uncalled for. Thank you.

Last edited by BostonNut; 10-25-2012 at 11:21 PM.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Ummm....that was Brad's point.

Tom Brady has a Best Buddies event every week...does it really need to be said or promoted?
No it does not, but I like to point out when football players do good things. He implied Cutler and Stafford only did it for the praise, which they did not.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Then how did it get to be public knowledge? Celebrities...be it an athlete, actor, actress, artist...whatever...do things like this DAILY. Good for Cutler...good for Stafford...but let's not make it seem like they cured cancer and rescued a basket of drowning kittens....unless you are going to make a post about every time a football player does something "good."

Quote:
No it does not, but I like to point out when football players do good things. He implied Cutler and Stafford only did it for the praise, which they did not.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Then how did it get to be public knowledge? Celebrities...be it an athlete, actor, actress, artist...whatever...do things like this DAILY. Good for Cutler...good for Stafford...but let's not make it seem like they cured cancer and rescued a basket of drowning kittens....unless you are going to make a post about every time a football player does something "good."
I clearly said please post what other players have done below and I will throw it in the Original Post. It became public knowledge because there were people at staffords auction, and Press saw the family of the murdered Bears fan talking on the field with Jay before the game, and then asked about it during the post game press confrence.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

OP - I appreciate your enthusiasm, but no matter what you post about him, no one outside of Chicago is going to like Cutler. He is the most hateable player in the NFL.
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
OP - I appreciate your enthusiasm, but no matter what you post about him, no one outside of Chicago is going to like Cutler. He is the most hateable player in the NFL.
Yes he is, other than Suh that is. But I dont care, I thought it was a great thing he did, and until the ignorant crew came in, Everyone seemed to respect it, Packers fans, Lions fans, everyone, but now I need to find a way to get this thread deleted because its going to turn into a Cutler bashing Ceremony.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #33 (permalink)

You really don't get it, do you?

Okay, okay...Jay Cutler is the greatest man alive...I hope he has my babies!!! (Am I doing it right? )

Quote:
Yes he is, other than Suh that is. But I dont care, I thought it was a great thing he did, and until the ignorant crew came in, Everyone seemed to respect it, Packers fans, Lions fans, everyone, but now I need to find a way to get this thread deleted because its going to turn into a Cutler bashing Ceremony.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:

You really don't get it, do you?

Okay, okay...Jay Cutler is the greatest man alive...I hope he has my babies!!! (Am I doing it right? )
No you dont seem to get it. I will make the threads I want. In a few minutes I will block you, why? Youre ignorant, and you dont even realize it. This is a thread about how A player in the NFL, In this Case Stafford and Cutler, Doing something good. No More than that. Yet instead of just saying, Wow thats really great of the two of them, you go into bash Cutler mode, When hes not even the only person in this thread. I am aware of Cutlers actions, Does that mean hes not my favorite player? No he still is, but if Gabe Carimi had done this, a thread would still be here. The Player is not the point here. It is what this particular player did. Hes helping a family try and enjoy themselves after losing a family member, that is a great and honorable thing to do, Be it Jay Cutler doing it, or your guy Tom Brady.

EDIT: Or maybe I wont Be blocking you because I cant Figure out how to do it.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 10-26-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
some how some way this thread will turn into a negative Cutler bashing thread lol.
You were correct Hakiu lol!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

cutler
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
cutler
Please go away, just please do.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #38 (permalink)

I was Cutler bashing? News to me. And Brady is not my guy...I hate his guts. And what Cutler did was a FANTASTIC thing. A truly inspiring thing. Something that is done daily by celebrities.

Everyone here knows you are a Chicago homer and you idolize Cutler. Nobody here has a problem with that. But if everyone here made a thread about player X, Y, and Z's good deeds then...well...this place would be pretty boring.

But hey...what do I know? I'm ignorant and I don't even realize it. Block away kiddo...block away.

Quote:
No you dont seem to get it. I will make the threads I want. In a few minutes I will block you, why? Youre ignorant, and you dont even realize it. This is a thread about how A player in the NFL, In this Case Stafford and Cutler, Doing something good. No More than that. Yet instead of just saying, Wow thats really great of the two of them, you go into bash Cutler mode, When hes not even the only person in this thread. I am aware of Cutlers actions, Does that mean hes not my favorite player? No he still is, but if Gabe Carimi had done this, a thread would still be here. The Player is not the point here. It is what this particular player did. Hes helping a family try and enjoy themselves after losing a family member, that is a great and honorable thing to do, Be it Jay Cutler doing it, or your guy Tom Brady.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Please go away, just please do.
will not
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
will not
9ers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I was Cutler bashing? News to me. And Brady is not my guy...I hate his guts. And what Cutler did was a FANTASTIC thing. A truly inspiring thing. Something that is done daily by celebrities.

Everyone here knows you are a Chicago homer and you idolize Cutler. Nobody here has a problem with that. But if everyone here made a thread about player X, Y, and Z's good deeds then...well...this place would be pretty boring.

But hey...what do I know? I'm ignorant and I don't even realize it. Block away kiddo...block away.
You dont hate Brady you are a Pats fan. That is why I said Everyone please post good things done by NFL players, its stuff I like to read about. In this case, yes its my favorite player. I dont consider myself a homer, I do Idolize Jay, but it bothers me that you felt the need to come in here and tell me that Jay and matt were looking for press, and that im oblivious to the fact that its happening all the time. I am not, I love reading about what good things NFL players do, again in this case it was my favorite player, but the Stafford post isnt about Cutler, Thats why I wanted to open This up to all good things done by NFL players. And I do apologize for calling you ignorant, that was unnessesary.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 10-26-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
9ers!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thought Id Agree with Boston, but If this thread is pointless and homeristic, then the Random niners thread is 10x that.