Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

Honestly I hear the same whining from Cowboy fans every week. Your team has 5 wins by Week 8, be happy with that.
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
these might be 3 of the worst receiving cores in the league for the past few years.

He's playing like a bad QB right now because he's making bad decisions and very silly mistakes. You act like every single QB from last year's draft aren't doing the same thing..
Bills are on line for you sir..well wait for you to go through our past 3 years of WRs before you answer.

And while were on that note...id gladly ship off Ryan "i got a fat extension from my moron owner because im a Harvard grad and know how to work the system and just get by" Fitzpatrick.

Wanna talk about not being able to throw a deep ball? he cant even throw past 15 yards accurately unless its a quick slant...

not too mention he threw that needless INT LAAAAAATE in the 4th quarter instead of throwing the ball away and all but giving the game to the Titans..and lets not even talk about the pathetic "last drive" of that game either for him

although he is also plagued like Gabbert and Ponder...really no "playmakers" outside of StevieJ...cover him? pass game is in trouble
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #28 (permalink)

are you serious???? he's only in his 2nd year give him a break.. the defense was the problem tonight..
VikingsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

[QUOTE=VikingsAllDay;3538888]are you serious???? he's only in his 2nd year give him a break.. the defense was the problem tonight..[/QUOTE]

Special teams
Offense
Defense

They all played a part tonight. Ponder was awful, Kluwe was absolutely pathetic and the D couldn't stop the run in the 1st half or the pass in the 2nd.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

Have you guys heard of Matt Cassell?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Gabby gets my vote. Great hair, terrible qb.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
MSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
You did not watch tonights game. Won't bother reading the rest.
Nice rebuttal! No evidence at all!

Ponder's looking like a coin flip to as whether he'll be good or not though. He reminds me a lot of Tavaris Jackson in Minnesota, but then again Matt Ryan was the exact same player as Ponder in his 2nd year with Bill Musgrave as his QB Coach. ONe of the main problems is that the Vikings playbook is extremely limited. They keep running the same plays because those plays worked in Week 1, teams are figuring them out..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #33 (permalink)

You should at least put starting QB in the title. Even though I am not positive I agree. But as far as QBs Kellen Moore couldn't break a window by throwing a football at it
Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
You should at least put starting QB in the title. Even though I am not positive I agree. But as far as QBs Kellen Moore couldn't break a window by throwing a football at it
You're right, that's what I meant to put.

When Ponder is at his very best, he's a game manager.

His best case scenario is a poor mans Chad Pennington.

Not a guy I want to watch play for my team for the next decade.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:

I do agree with you. He is not a QB that could take a team to the Superbowl
Old 10-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Typical Ponder.

Can't even score in garbage time.
typical Ponder?? The guy has started a total of 18 games and has done pretty well. He was masterful in dismantling the Niners weeks back. For the season he has 10 TDs and 7 INTs and somehow someone can say he's the worst QB in the league?? 250+ yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception is by far not a bad game at all. afer this game he is tied with Tom Brady with completing 65% of his passes.

Don't see how anyone can think so lowly of Ponder. Let alone this game tonight when it was the defense as the main problem. Even Adrian Peterson, lost a fumble and other than his big run was really average with only rushing for two other first downs
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Surprised Tim Tebow hasn't been mentioned yet
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #38 (permalink)

I bet Rex Grossman is available.
ntgm37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
Surprised Tim Tebow hasn't been mentioned yet
well none of us consider him a viable QB anyways
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #40 (permalink)

Ponder is the worst QB ever. I don't want to see him throw a pass in a Vikings uniform again.
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
ONe of the main problems is that the Vikings playbook is extremely limited. They keep running the same plays because those plays worked in Week 1, teams are figuring them out..
I was actually thinking the same thing. It's like the coaching staff doesn't think the other teams watch game film or something. The plays are the same, but the results are significantly different.

I think Ponder is going to turn out OK.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleacherbum View Post
Must havent watched Russell Wilson play a full game
lollllllllllllll

yeah and it's obvious you haven't seen ponder play a full game either.

You're right, Wilson isn't like Ponder, because Ponder threw for UNDER 100 yards THREE times his rookie year. Then again you totally ignored my reply in my Wilson thread because you had no comeback for it. Keep bringing your second year boy Ponder into a Wilson comparison discussion and I'll keep on knocking you back into the realm of reality

btw, don't dare compare Ponder to Newton. Newton had a better year his rookie year than Ponder will ever have in his entire career...if he's even in the league in a few years...
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
MSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
lollllllllllllll

yeah and it's obvious you haven't seen ponder play a full game either.

You're right, Wilson isn't like Ponder, because Ponder threw for UNDER 100 yards THREE times his rookie year. Then again you totally ignored my reply in my Wilson thread because you had no comeback for it. Keep bringing your second year boy Ponder into a Wilson comparison discussion and I'll keep on knocking you back into the realm of reality

btw, don't dare compare Ponder to Newton. Newton had a better year his rookie year than Ponder will ever have in his entire career...if he's even in the league in a few years...
lol, do I sound this delusional when I talk about Ponder, maybe I should stop commenting on guys I invest in.

And don't comment on something you don't know anything about. In sub 100 game #1 he replaced McNabb halfway through the game..#2 he got injured and was replaced by Webb..#3 got injured again and replaced again. Ponder has played like crap during a lot of games this year, but you have to admit that Wilson isn't faring any better. Hell, I don't think any 2nd year QB is playing better than Ponder now, but that's not saying much..

Last edited by MSD; 10-26-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
lol, do I sound this delusional when I talk about Ponder, maybe I should stop commenting on guys I invest in.

And don't comment on something you don't know anything about. In sub 100 game #1 he replaced McNabb halfway through the game..#2 he got injured and was replaced by Webb..#3 got injured again and replaced again. Ponder has played like crap during a lot of games this year, but you have to admit that Wilson isn't faring any better. Hell, I don't think any 2nd year QB is playing better than Ponder now, but that's not saying much..

nice ninja edit.

lol, bleacherbum seems compelled to bring Wilson into the discussion when saying how either good Ponder is in comparison (when he's doing well) or how bad Wilson is when Ponder is doing poorly. Clearly he needs some sense of reality, because his boy Ponder isn't head and shoulders better than Wilson no matter how much he wants to make him out to be. Hillarious that he's also comparing a 2nd year qb to a guy in his 7th game. But hey, that's probably what blear'bums' do.

BTW, if you're talking in terms of sophomore qb's, Dalton has him covered in virtually every category. Just sayin.'
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #45 (permalink)
MSD

Ponder isn't head over heels over anybody at this point. Ponder looked like a great QB after his 2nd and 3rd career game and then defenses got their hands on some tape, it's not so much how well you look early on in your career as much as it is maintaining that production

Dalton? He's basically Ponder v2. Both make pretty horrible decisions, throw an absorbent number of short passes while being shaky downfield. Bad Protection causes Ponder to scramble on plays where he does have protection, bad protection makes Dalton throw earlier than he should..I'd give Dalton a +1 for reading defenses, but Ponder seems to do better during late game situations while Dalton kind of fades away..
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:

I said it in another thread and will say it here too. Ponder deserves little blame for the game tonight. The fumbles, poor punts, bad snap on a crucial 3rd down and dropped bomb by Simpson are more to blame. The defense can get a portion of the blame too but was on it's heels and on the field a majority of the game due to the above. When the opponents first 3 or 4 drives start in or very near your territory things are not going to end well.

Ponder was running for his life most of the past 2 games. Yes he needs to get rid of the ball quicker, but the Vikings need to shore up the pass protection and quickly.

This is the same QB that led the comeback W vs the Jaguars, the near comeback W against the Colts and a near comback W against the Redskins. The offense strategy is very questionable and as pointed out by others what works in week 1 does not for the most part work in week 8.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
nice ninja edit.

lol, bleacherbum seems compelled to bring Wilson into the discussion when saying how either good Ponder is in comparison (when he's doing well) or how bad Wilson is when Ponder is doing poorly. Clearly he needs some sense of reality, because his boy Ponder isn't head and shoulders better than Wilson no matter how much he wants to make him out to be. Hillarious that he's also comparing a 2nd year qb to a guy in his 7th game. But hey, that's probably what blear'bums' do.

BTW, if you're talking in terms of sophomore qb's, Dalton has him covered in virtually every category. Just sayin.'
Hey Chocalate Chip Ninja Cookie Russell Wilson isnt Seattles answer either thought I would let you know again.
bleacherbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

He is Alex Smith 2.0 end of story.
EricInCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #49 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

2nd year qb that was overdrafted thrown in with a crappy o line = success

I will give it a couple more years
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #50 (permalink)

Brady Quinn is..single handedly making Dwyane Bowe worthless in fantasy. At least Percy Harvin was still able to put up a good stat line, so Ponder did something half right...