Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Will Cam Newtons cards ever rise again? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/389532-will-cam-newtons-cards-ever-rise-again.html)

broncomanning18 10-27-2012 05:22 AM

Will Cam Newtons cards ever rise again?

I know alot of people are hating on Cam, with good reason, he is sucking ***, but I do believe he is a way better quarterback then the way he is playing. I think his cards will rise up again, but I wanted to hear what other people thought. Looking forward to everyone else's opinion.

ssbledsoe 10-27-2012 06:45 AM

The only way they see last years prices is if he wins a SB or 2 (and I'm leaning to needing 2+).

RamRage 10-27-2012 07:06 AM

Not in the way the prices were last year. He thrives on success, and obviously sucks when it doesn't go his way. He's not a born leader, and to be an SB winner, I believe you need that heart and pure field general acumen.

marinocollector 10-27-2012 08:53 AM

Carolina has money. One playoff run, and you will see a huge spike in Newton love again. A Super Bowl in will send the cards into orbit.

Zacy87 10-27-2012 08:58 AM

All he has to do is start winning and playing well and they'll go back up.

briscogun 10-27-2012 09:16 AM

As long as I obtain a couple of the cards I want first while they are reasonable, I'm fine with it! Then they can do whatever they want price wise!

wawazat 10-27-2012 09:17 AM

I really hope Cam turns things around in a hurry! Sports talk radio here in Charlotte is brutal right now.

Pistolpete 10-27-2012 10:42 AM

If he ever grows up and show some maturity then collector wouldn't start loosing doubt about his future. He needs to learn how to lose with some class. Teammate don't want to be lead by a Debbie Downer. Maybe he should watch post game video of this year rookie class. I could see his stuff going back up to where it was last year but it's all up to Cam.

superynaldo 10-27-2012 12:36 PM

No... He is done... All the people that "invested" big money in his cards will lose their asses from that mistake...

03supto 10-27-2012 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=superynaldo;3545628]No... He is done... All the people that "invested" big money in his cards will lose their asses from that mistake...[/QUOTE]

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nera20 10-27-2012 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=03supto;3545891]+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

They may go up a little, but unless he wins a superbowl I don't think they are going to go to prices they were at. Hes not Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, or anything of that sort where values will maintain. Cam is probably going to be another Michael Vick.

03supto 10-27-2012 01:34 PM

either way i'm glad panthers are losing...Jonathan stewarts are cheaper and more are coming out now!!!!!

darealstunna 10-27-2012 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=03supto;3545891]+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Double +1!

All the physical talent and ability in the world + zero leadership ability = WILL NEVER BE A WINNER = Prices will never reach last years hysteria.

If you can break even on him now...do it.

If not, tuck them away and hope he makes a pro bowl or something then unload.

Unless he gets a mentor in his life for real, he will continue to be the brat and never learn from his mistakes. He's still a young kid, but it's not looking good.
I'd say 80% likeliness to fail!

1eyed_jack 10-27-2012 01:43 PM

It'll be very hard. Likely the same goes for RGIII also. The way he's playing right now makes his cards pretty much as high as they will go.

Even if he plays well next year there will be a new rookie class with new guys people go nuts over.

Basically unless a guy goes on to be the next Manning, Brady or Rodgers, their cards will never be more expensive than there rookie year assuming they play well.

The only real invest to be made during a season is on rookie QBs that aren't starting yet. Just my opinion of course

BOOMER7 10-27-2012 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=1eyed_jack;3545953]It'll be very hard. Likely the same goes for RGIII also. The way he's playing right now makes his cards pretty much as high as they will go.

Even if he plays well next year there will be a new rookie class with new guys people go nuts over.

Basically unless a guy goes on to be the next Manning, Brady or Rodgers, their cards will never be more expensive than there rookie year assuming they play well.

The only real invest to be made during a season is on rookie QBs that aren't starting yet. Just my opinion of course[/QUOTE]

3 things u can count on
1.Cam wlll have his time again. Panthers will get better and Cam's only in 2nd year coming off the greatest rookie QB season in NFL history
2.RG 3 prices will come down over the next months as well
3.Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl

1eyed_jack 10-27-2012 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=BOOMER7;3546977]3 things u can count on
1.Cam wlll have his time again. Panthers will get better and Cam's only in 2nd year coming off the greatest rookie QB season in NFL history
2.RG 3 prices will come down over the next months as well
3.Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl[/QUOTE]

cam might have his time again, but I don't think his cards will be where they were this time last year

BroncosFAN#1 10-27-2012 05:30 PM

It is all the flavor of the month. Right now that is Andrew Luck and RG3 so ofcourse Newton fell off some in the SV area. If he has a big run and does good then they will go up but with the NFC South it will be hard to do that

chrismiller81 10-27-2012 05:33 PM

Im glad I sold all my Cam NT's before the season started. Thank god!

Astronix 10-27-2012 05:38 PM

While Cam is sucking, pouting and calling journalists sweetheart, RG3 is setting the world on fire!

So NO, Cam is not coming back. He is yesterdays news and being upstaged by multiple rookies.

Oilngo 10-27-2012 05:38 PM

They will go up once he starts winning games. If he keeps losing obviously they are going to drop.... duh. You win, they rise. You lose, they fall. Pretty simple. Once Cam hits playoffs, those cards will be right back to where they were.

thestickman1 10-27-2012 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=superynaldo;3545628]No... He is done... All the people that "invested" big money in his cards will lose their asses from that mistake...[/QUOTE]

+2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOMER7 10-27-2012 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=Astronix;3547090]While Cam is sucking, pouting and calling journalists sweetheart, RG3 is setting the world on fire!

So NO, Cam is not coming back. He is yesterdays news and being upstaged by multiple rookies.[/QUOTE]

...... and next year RG will be old news, careful paying those inflated prices. Skins are no closer to the bowl than the Panthers.

thestickman1 10-27-2012 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=darealstunna;3545930]Double +1!

All the physical talent and ability in the world + zero leadership ability = WILL NEVER BE A WINNER = Prices will never reach last years hysteria.

If you can break even on him now...do it.

If not, tuck them away and hope he makes a pro bowl or something then unload.

Unless he gets a mentor in his life for real, he will continue to be the brat and never learn from his mistakes. He's still a young kid, but it's not looking good.
I'd say 80% likeliness to fail![/QUOTE]

I agree with you!!! Pro Bowl? Goodell might be doing away with those also!!! Haha...he will never sniff a SuperBowl.

Smooth 10-27-2012 06:12 PM

The only way I see Cam Newton cards jumping is if he either wins the Super Bowl or has a MVP type year. Last year his cards were insanely hi up in price, this year they leveled out and fell a little below.

p.thomaston 10-27-2012 06:15 PM

Cam is terrible, last year was a fluke, he will never win a Super Bowl, or be an elite qb. With that being disclosed, please offer to sell me his cards according to your undervalued opinions of how terrible he is as an athlete and person. Unlike several statements, there are still a few people in this world who could care less about current value and collect because they enjoy the hobby and have some commitment to a team or individual regardless of their accomplishments. Heaven forbid anyone be a fan in these days, it seems like there are too many armchair millionaires who are going to strike it rich from flipping cards. :eek:

If you are giving up high end Cam Newton's because of how unsuccessful he is, please PM me first. His cards will never increase in value...