Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Blocking bidders (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/389650-blocking-bidders.html)

Bigbadbloom 10-27-2012 01:37 PM

Blocking bidders

Anybody else set requirements for bidders on eBay? Obviously I have my ever growing list of blocked bidders, but I also set requirements to place a bid as follows:

Block buyers who:
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Are currently winning or have bought 25 of my items in the last 10 days

Not that anyone has ever bid on 25 of my items, but you get the picture.
I check the list of accounts blocked and I get bids or offers from blocked bidders all the time. So am I shooting myself in the foot here, or protecting my account from crappy buyers?

hugh 10-27-2012 01:51 PM

well, you never know. They may pay or they may not

Shogun2049 10-27-2012 03:14 PM

Why would anyone want to block people who have bought 25 or more items from them in the past 10 days? That was one I never understood. You're punishing people for being repeat buyers?

"Hey thanks for buying those last 30 cards from me, but I'd rather you not buy any more from me for the next two business weeks. Thanks."

I'd go elsewhere if someone told me I was buying TOO MUCH from them.

FanboyOfNone 10-27-2012 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=Shogun2049;3546362]Why would anyone want to block people who have bought 25 or more items from them in the past 10 days? That was one I never understood. You're punishing people for being repeat buyers?

"Hey thanks for buying those last 30 cards from me, but I'd rather you not buy any more from me for the next two business weeks. Thanks."

I'd go elsewhere if someone told me I was buying TOO MUCH from them.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I can think of is that sellers may be afraid it looks like shilling.

Does seem odd though.

bigzig 10-27-2012 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Shogun2049;3546362]Why would anyone want to block people who have bought 25 or more items from them in the past 10 days? That was one I never understood. You're punishing people for being repeat buyers?

I'd go elsewhere if someone told me I was buying TOO MUCH from them.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's more to keep someone from destroying someone's store buying wiping out a huge chunk of inventory, and then either not paying or leaving a ton of negs. You can make exceptions for buyers you know are legit.

pee632 10-27-2012 05:05 PM

I had a buyer block my because I did not recieve the card and I clearly stated to him that I did'nt. So he sent another one. By the time he sent me the replacement 2 months later I had already purchased it from someone else. So I sent him an email stating that I already had the card and thanks for the replacement and he emails me back stating that I should have sent the replacement back. I went on to state that I did not recieve the first card that he sent and I again stated that I bought it from someone else and he blocked me. It was upsetting to me as a buyer because it felt like he was punishing me for him not using dc. I did not find out that I was blocked until I tried to bid on another 1 of his items which sucked. So who know what crazy logic people use.

chrisfaceoff 10-27-2012 05:22 PM

I am kinda in a situation now, and I am concerned with the bidder bidding on my Wilson gridiron gems. No feedback at all, is there anything I can do with him? I just sent him an email saying I do expect payment to be made and I do not feel comfortable with buyers with low feedback(is his case none)

Can I remove bids mid sale? I want to be able to get the most out of my item, and I do not want to have a non paying bidder. I just have a bad feeling about this guy.