Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #51 (permalink)

ND has a great defense. However, Bama's D abuses opposing offenses in an incredible manner. I realize that the Irish are a sexy pick right now, but I have to go with the size, strength, and depth of Bama's D.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

As a ND sympathizer (I don't claim to be a fan), the answer is clear to me: Alabama is the best defense in the country. My wife went to Alabama and I've watched almost all of their games and they simply don't get scored on until the second stringers come in and they rush 3 and drop 8... ND is great too, but they're inferior to Bama.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Alabama's combined record of their opponents is 35-29 and they have played a total of one top 25 team this year and that was last week against MSU. Two of the teams they have played this year also have zero wins each in the SEC.

I would say up until this point if they don't have the best defense statistically in the nation, something is wrong.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #54 (permalink)

Irish sure had their hands full with that national powerhouse Pitt Panther team yesterday. More lucky than good to remain undefeated.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #55 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

What about Jarvis Jones as the best defensive player.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #56 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Irish sure had their hands full with that national powerhouse Pitt Panther team yesterday. More lucky than good to remain undefeated.
It was a trap game in the worst way. The ND offense is NOT good, at all, but a win's a win. You should agree with that and Bama's "luck" against LSU.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
It was a trap game in the worst way. The ND offense is NOT good, at all, but a win's a win. You should agree with that and Bama's "luck" against LSU.
Haha yup! Im an irish fan and i told people if nd was gonna lose it was gonna be in the next three games against simeone like pitt or something..

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #58 (permalink)

Both defenses are pretty salty, there settled
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #59 (permalink)

I would argue that you are both wrong....and FSU is the toughest defense in College football
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I would argue that you are both wrong....and FSU is the toughest defense in College football
Ah heck, throw Middle Tennessee State in there too!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #61 (permalink)

Higher in every category than Notre Dame except Scoring Defense, higher than Alabama in Total and Passing Defense and only one spots below them in Rushing, two spots below them in scoring defense. I don't know, I would say that is pretty tough to argue.

Plus they'll be able to pad their defensive stats Thanksgiving weekend when they smoke up some Gator jerky in Tallahassee
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Higher in every category than Notre Dame except Scoring Defense, higher than Alabama in Total and Passing Defense and only one spots below them in Rushing, two spots below them in scoring defense. I don't know, I would say that is pretty tough to argue.

Plus they'll be able to pad their defensive stats Thanksgiving weekend when they smoke up some Gator jerky in Tallahassee
Florida will be about the only team they have played so far other than Clemson. How you managed to lose to NC State is beyond me.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:

Put some more in the pipe and smoke it. What conference the Big Least? Ok
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #64 (permalink)

Not arguing offenses, arguing defenses, and I think FSU has the best in the country. I don't know how you barely beat mizzou yesterday. Nice statement game after last week.

If you watch the ACC you know that without fail, NC State upsets one of the top 2 ACC teams nearly every year. They simple know how to play us. All that matters to me at this point is killing the gators in 3 weeks, which should be easy
Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not arguing offenses, arguing defenses, and I think FSU has the best in the country. I don't know how you barely beat mizzou yesterday. Nice statement game after last week.

If you watch the ACC you know that without fail, NC State upsets one of the top 2 ACC teams nearly every year. They simple know how to play us. All that matters to me at this point is killing the gators in 3 weeks, which should be easy
We'll see. Our offense is terrible, but our defense means business. Wait and see.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #66 (permalink)

If you watch the ACC you know that without fail, NC State upsets one of the top 2 ACC teams nearly every year. They simple know how to play us

Same thing when LSU played Auburn only difference we won
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #67 (permalink)

That's because Auburn is attrocious this year lol

How did things work out for you last night?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
If you watch the ACC you know that without fail, NC State upsets one of the top 2 ACC teams nearly every year. They simple know how to play us

Same thing when LSU played Auburn only difference we won
The ACC is tough, especially against the SEC.

The SEC holds an 268-132-10 (.666) all-time advantage.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
The ACC is tough, especially against the SEC.

The SEC holds an 268-132-10 (.666) all-time advantage.
Again, dumb stat. We are talking about defenses THIS year.

And this year I would say the best three are FSU, Bama, and Notre Dame... In that order... And Notre Dame is a stretch IMO. They almost lost last night because their defense couldn't stop Pittsburgh... PITTSBURGH

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 11-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
How did Bamma get lucky against LSU ? Driving down the field with the game on the line for a win is luck ? How can anyone even compare playing LSU in Death Valley to a home game against Pitt in the first place ? The Irish would have got trounced if they played that LSU team yesterday. Yes the game was a "trap game" for ND after a big win the previous week and yes they overcame their mistakes but they also got a horrendous pass interference call to get them back in the game and a missed FG to keep them undefeated. Let's not put them up there with the the Tide or even LSU just yet.

Seriously, would anyone honestly take the Irish straight up in a game at a neutral site against the Tide or even LSU ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:

And this year I would say the best three are FSU, Bama, and Notre Dame... In that order... And Notre Dame is a stretch IMO. They almost lost last night because their defense couldn't stop Pittsburgh... PITTSBURGH
Bryan I think the UF has a better D than Notre Dame.

Off topic a little but UF offense is just terrible I mean how can you really have a good offense when this is your QB jorts and all.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Well look at who you're playing. I mean I am shocked you all didn't schedule St Mary's School of the Blind and the Deaf. Murray State and Savannah State are close enough though. Wouldn't want you all to load up your schedule with any talented teams that might actually make people respect you and your weak conference.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #73 (permalink)

I wouldn't take the Irish against Bama, LSU, or Georigia (if we are staying in the SEC) nor would I take them against Oregon, KState, or FSU
Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Well look at who you're playing. I mean I am shocked you all didn't schedule St Mary's School of the Blind and the Deaf. Murray State and Savannah State are close enough though. Wouldn't want you all to load up your schedule with any talented teams that might actually make people respect you and your weak conference.
Savannah State was not FSU fault. West Virginia wanted to get out of that game and paid for it.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah... Because Bowling Green, Louisiana, and Jacksonville State are much tougher opponents lol.