Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,821
Default The best defense in college football....

Is not in Alabama, it's in South Bend. Alabama may have more NFL players, but the Irish are better. Having a Heisman candidate at LB doesn't hurt either...

solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Is not in Alabama, it's in South Bend. Alabama may have more NFL players, but the Irish are better. Having a Heisman candidate at LB doesn't hurt either...

Um ok? Funny stuff.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Um ok? Funny stuff.
Guess you haven't seen too many ND games this year.....
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Guess you haven't seen too many ND games this year.....
Guess you haven't watched many Bama games........
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Well with bogus holding calls and interceptions that hit the ground, any defense can look good!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Guess you haven't watched many Bama games........
Those epic battles against Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and Western Carolina aren't televised.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,214
Default

Anybody that plays against iowa that week lol
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Those epic battles against Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and Western Carolina aren't televised.
Because Notre Dame has had the strongest schedule thus far. Bama > ND...

/Thread
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Because Notre Dame has had the strongest schedule thus far. Bama > ND...

/Thread
7 of their first 8 games were against bowl teams from last year and none of those 8 have a losing record this year.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Guess you haven't watched many Bama games........
No offense if your a Bama fan...because they are a damn good team all around

but i think its more so that Bama's offense scores easily, and their defense forces 3-0 early...causing teams to get so far behind that they just have to chuck it every series...

not really "hard" to defend against teams when they get so far behind and throw the rest of the way.

ND on the other hand makes plays on defense to WIN games..because their offense isnt elite.

my vote goes to ND
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

It's either WV or Baylor.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
7 of their first 8 games were against bowl teams from last year and none of those 8 have a losing record this year.
Okay. You're right. Nd is soooooo great. Give them the title. Because we all know no one can dethrone the SEC any other way.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Okay. You're right. Nd is soooooo great. Give them the title. Because we all know no one can dethrone the SEC any other way.
He isn't saying they deserve the title..and I agree. Bama is good all around and just kills teams and ruins them from there offense and gets so far ahead. Notre dames off Isn't that great and there defense wins the games for them.

I think there defense is better than bama but has nothin to do with giving them the title at all
__________________
Always willing to make computer backgrounds/wallpapers, just send me a pm.

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
He isn't saying they deserve the title..and I agree. Bama is good all around and just kills teams and ruins them from there offense and gets so far ahead. Notre dames off Isn't that great and there defense wins the games for them.

I think there defense is better than bama but has nothin to do with giving them the title at all
Bamas defensive players couldn't even see playing time at ND, so they went to Bama instead!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Because Notre Dame has had the strongest schedule thus far. Bama > ND...

/Thread
again..im not 1 to play the schedule or bashing Bama...but your argument is ripped to shreds if you dont think ND has played a tougher schedule so far than Bama...

Purdue, who just took Ohio State into OT last week (and dont say because no Braxton...because they were ahead and let OSU catch back up)

#10 ranked MSU when they played them...who also only lost to Ohio St by a point, lost to Michigan by 2..and just beat ranked Wisci (overrated team or not)

#17 ranked Stanford...

BYU..who gave ranked Boise St a run for their money and lost by 1 point

and just beat #8 Oklahoma...

versus

Arkansas...minus Tyler Wilson

bottom of the barrel Mizzou and UT teams...to go with WKU, Ole Miss and Fla Atl

beating Michigan to open the season looked a lot stronger then than it does now...

so..yes your argument is full of fail right now

Last edited by cdub6238; 10-28-2012 at 12:02 AM.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Bamas defensive players couldn't even see playing time at ND, so they went to Bama instead!
Oregon will beat Bama in the National Championship. Also, Te'o is the best defensive player in CFB, but Bama does have the best defense, collectively.

You do sound a bit bitter after the Gator loss :/
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,764
Default

I knew this would be an argument, so here's my take.

1. Notre Dame has the best defensive player in the nation.
2. They both played Michigan, Alabama pushed Michigan around for most of the game forcing many turnovers, Notre Dame played great defense against Michigan forcing many turnovers, but Michigan still had a chance to win that game.
3. Both have great defenses, but its hard to argue against Alabama having the best defense, yes I am from Alabama, but I hate Alabama and Notre Dame equally.
DCN12586 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,172
Default

Would ND like to play FSU again? The game last December ended how?

Alabama's defense might give the Jaguars trouble.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
again..im not 1 to play the schedule or bashing Bama...but your argument is ripped to shreds if you dont think ND has played a tougher schedule so far than Bama...

Purdue, who just took Ohio State into OT last week (and dont say because no Braxton...because they were ahead and let OSU catch back up)

#10 ranked MSU when they played them...who also only lost to Ohio St by a point, lost to Michigan by 2..and just beat ranked Wisci (overrated team or not)

#17 ranked Stanford...

BYU..who gave ranked Boise St a run for their money and lost by 1 point

and just beat #8 Oklahoma...

versus

Arkansas...minus Tyler Wilson

bottom of the barrel Mizzou and UT teams...to go with WKU, Ole Miss and Fla Atl

beating Michigan to open the season looked a lot stronger then than it does now...

so..yes your argument is full of fail right now
Like I said, I retract my statement. Alabama couldn't even hang with ND at all. Bama is full of players that wish they could start at ND, but they didn't even get an attention from ND so they settled for Saban and Alabama and a conference that has won title after title after title.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
detox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,993
Default

ND has a weak secondary. Someone will eventually exploit it.
__________________
#BRONCONATION


http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox View Post
ND has a weak secondary. Someone will eventually exploit it.
No they don't. They have the best defense in the country, how could they have a weakness? That makes no sense!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Like I said, I retract my statement. Alabama couldn't even hang with ND at all. Bama is full of players that wish they could start at ND, but they didn't even get an attention from ND so they settled for Saban and Alabama and a conference that has won title after title after title.
so..your "pocket comeback" is to say imright your wrong..what was i thinking Bama couldnt hang with ND..blah blah SEC is great blah blah"

Such a pathetic attempt at a discussion or way to make your case.

i stated i believe ND has a better defense and why..not taking anything away from Bamas defense or team.

you respond in kind with useless drivel.

i stated your nuts if you actually believe Bama has played a harder schedule than ND..and why i believe so

your response? again lame nonsense

good job..you win
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
so..your "pocket comeback" is to say imright your wrong..what was i thinking Bama couldnt hang with ND..blah blah SEC is great blah blah"

Such a pathetic attempt at a discussion or way to make your case.

i stated i believe ND has a better defense and why..not taking anything away from Bamas defense or team.

you respond in kind with useless drivel.

i stated your nuts if you actually believe Bama has played a harder schedule than ND..and why i believe so

your response? again lame nonsense

good job..you win
I could own you at any point, but I want you to ride your high horse. Saban needs to learn how to teach defense and recruit. Maybe he will call Mr. Kelly this week and ask for advice!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Like I said, I retract my statement. Alabama couldn't even hang with ND at all. Bama is full of players that wish they could start at ND, but they didn't even get an attention from ND so they settled for Saban and Alabama and a conference that has won title after title after title.
Way to be a tool.............
Army19K is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.