Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
I think you're taking this to a stalkerish level.

We get it, Cam isn't a world beater, people who dropped coin on him were fools. Move on.
I totally agree. I don't like Cam or the Panthers and didn't spend a dime on Cam cards. But, I hope they get to the playoffs soon and Cam is the reason.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This is the exact reason I keep bumping this. I cannot begin to tell you how cocky and arrogant some of the big Cam investors on this forum were last year when he was tearing it up (if you consider 6-10 tearing it up). They were so certin that they were sitting on a gold mine payday. I tried to tell them diffrent and all I got was called names, swore at and nasty pms sent to me. But I must say it was worth it. I never like to see people lose money as I have lost large amounts of money in this hobby over the years myself so I know how that feels. I do however like and enjoy seeing people who think they know everything shot back down to earth. There was a few members who were being downright rude to me last year during our Cam Newton debates. Thats karma. What did they expect? Did they think they were gonna talk smack about Cam to me and then when Cam starts sucking I was not gonna say anything about it? That will never happen. I wont tuck tail and shut up for anyone. If someone messes with me they better be prepared to get messed with back. Diffrence with me is I dish it out but I can take it as well. Some of these clowns love dishing it out but they all butthurt when you give it back to them and resort to name calling and insults. Its all good though. I am getting the last laugh, as usual.
I get what you're saying, and I wasn't around here last year or I probably would have been one of those guys going crazy over him, but it's not like he just sucks all of a sudden. Yea, we're losing, but outside of a couple mistakes he made in the early games, it's not at all because of him, he's the reason we're in games at all.

Once we get a real defense and a competent coaching staff and he's putting up similar numbers but winning, everyone will be all over him again.
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #53 (permalink)

I could of sworn I was told on here the Panthers were super bowl bound.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
I could of sworn I was told on here the Panthers were super bowl bound.
Never said we were going to the SB, I just said that we would have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, which I still believe we would have had if we didn't have a dip$hit coaching staff
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Never said we were going to the SB, I just said that we would have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, which I still believe we would have had if we didn't have a dip$hit coaching staff
Others claimed it. I believe you claimed a playoff birth.

Either way, it's the same coaching staff you had. Before you were bound for the playoffs, now they are dip$hits?
Kendrick Lamar
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Others claimed it. I believe you claimed a playoff birth.

Either way, it's the same coaching staff you had. Before you were bound for the playoffs, now they are dip$hits?
Yes, I did think we were making the playoffs

Last year we ran a modified pro style offense and Cam killed it, then we come into this year with a 100% new offense that is essentially a piss poor version of the college read option.

So yes, dip$hit coaching staff for making that move and even dumber for sticking with it when it's clear as day that it's just not working. Then on top of that, this season has been the worst play calling I've ever seen come from one team on a consistant basis, every week it's the same exact game plan that doesn't seem to work with no changes.

There is a reason that Cam, Stewart, Deangelo, Smitty, and now after today's game Lafell, have all called out the coaching staff for having a predictable offense that isn't working and having no changes made. It's flat out embarrasing that I was able to tell the guy next to me at the bar today every play that we were about to run when we had the lead with 2 minutes left in the game and was trying to run out the clock. If I'm able to predict what's about to happen from a bar in Michigan, NFL coaches at the game who studied film all week are 2 steps ahead of me and making our coaching staff look horrible
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #57 (permalink)

This thread sucks. I just serves to remind me that I still can't afford Cam Newton's cards.
Don't ask me for my best price. You give me your best offer
CarolinaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
This is the exact reason I keep bumping this. I cannot begin to tell you how cocky and arrogant some of the big Cam investors on this forum were last year when he was tearing it up (if you consider 6-10 tearing it up). They were so certin that they were sitting on a gold mine payday. I tried to tell them diffrent and all I got was called names, swore at and nasty pms sent to me. But I must say it was worth it. I never like to see people lose money as I have lost large amounts of money in this hobby over the years myself so I know how that feels. I do however like and enjoy seeing people who think they know everything shot back down to earth. There was a few members who were being downright rude to me last year during our Cam Newton debates. Thats karma. What did they expect? Did they think they were gonna talk smack about Cam to me and then when Cam starts sucking I was not gonna say anything about it? That will never happen. I wont tuck tail and shut up for anyone. If someone messes with me they better be prepared to get messed with back. Diffrence with me is I dish it out but I can take it as well. Some of these clowns love dishing it out but they all butthurt when you give it back to them and resort to name calling and insults. Its all good though. I am getting the last laugh, as usual.
You are precious.
WhacksPacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

....hook....line...sinker

let it go man

Last edited by BOOMER7; 11-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.
BOOMER7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #60 (permalink)

Everyone in the country will see how bad our o-line (complete garbage, 2nd to Philly's o-line) is, our "let you down the field on the last drive & win" defense, & the worse/obvious offensive plays in the nfl, on monday night football next week.

I know cam has had mistakes this year, but you will see how bad the players are around him.

Next's weeks MNF is going to be the highlight monday game this year.
Carolina@Philly
frankhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #61 (permalink)

i feel sorry for all the smart ones who shelled out hundreds and some cases thousands of dollars for his autos.....sad........
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
bumped up for another loss.
It's cut how obvious it is that you don't actually watch the games. Cam had nothing to do with yesterday's lost. He wasn't elite, but he wasn't bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
I think you're taking this to a stalkerish level.
That's an understatement. This dude is obsessed. I bet everytime the Panthers win he cries himself to sleep. He has posters in his room of Cam with his eyes carved out and uses it throw darts at. He wants nothing more than to drop Cam in a hole somewhere and lower a bucket of lotion to Cam once a day. He must put it on, or else he gets the hose again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
If it weren't for Cam today we get killed, he played outstanding in the second half

If we had a competent coaching staff who knows how to manage the clock or a defense that doesn't fold like cheap lawn chairs we win this game solely because of the way Cam played today.

I like you cking, but maybe you should actually watch the Panthers games if you're going to continue to blame Cam. Yes he was the reason we lost a couple of the early games and he had a poor attitude, but he's the only reason we've been competitive over the last month.
Exactly. I loved what I saw from Cam yesterday. Maturing on the sidelines by actively engaging with the players instead of sulking, handles press ocnferences like a man instead of pouting, and not making "rookie" mistakes on the field. Even with the horrible, atrocious o-line, he looked good.
Quote:
Did they think they were gonna talk smack about Cam to me and then when Cam starts sucking I was not gonna say anything about it? That will never happen. I wont tuck tail and shut up for anyone. If someone messes with me they better be prepared to get messed with back. Its all good though. I am getting the last laugh, as usual.
You sound like you're ten. If someone messes with you, you'll mess with them back? On the internet?? Bwahahahaha!! You're so brave.

You're not riling anyone up, otherwise this would be a 100 page thread. We just like to gather and laugh at you at this point. Raising great arguments and literally bumping a thread when the Panthers lose are two different things. If you think losing in the final minutes (of how many games now) is on the QB, then you're delusional.

You're getting the last laugh? So....Cam had a great year in 2011, horrible coaching, the crumbling of our franchise, and ousting of key leaders, and just horrible coaching all around with some regression by Cam and that's it? He's now Jamarcus Russell? Lol, keep dreaming, the world has seen what he can do and him, his career and the Carolina Panthers will be just fine.

Did I think we were playoff bound this year? Most likely, as I predicted 10 wins. Next year will be a clean slate with a new GM, new coaches across the board, great draft picks and a fresh season.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhoover View Post
Everyone in the country will see how bad our o-line (complete garbage, 2nd to Philly's o-line) is, our "let you down the field on the last drive & win" defense, & the worse/obvious offensive plays in the nfl, on monday night football next week.

I know cam has had mistakes this year, but you will see how bad the players are around him.

Next's weeks MNF is going to be the highlight monday game this year.
Carolina@Philly
I haven't said this about any other game this year, but I think we crush the Eagles. Our pass rush has been looking great lately and if it's the rookie Foles playing on Monday, I think we dominate. I also think we win at the Chiefs and Raiders this year and finish 5-11 with a top 10 draft pick.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #64 (permalink)

It surprises me that no one has brought up the fact that he didn't turn over the ball at all yesterday.

And still I can't afford his cards. His prices haven't dropped so drastically that the folks who invested in him can't just ride it out until they rise again.
Don't ask me for my best price. You give me your best offer
CarolinaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post
It surprises me that no one has brought up the fact that he didn't turn over the ball at all yesterday.

And still I can't afford his cards. His prices haven't dropped so drastically that the folks who invested in him can't just ride it out until they rise again.
Because it's not that uncommon now. His INT rate is looking to go down this year. He has only thrown an INT in 5 games this year. He's also only lost 3 fumbles.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #66 (permalink)

Another Fact, Cam is our leading rusher.
IMO, our other 2 running backs need to step it up, don't know if it's our o-line again or if williams (18 yards) & stewart (43 yards) just can't get the job done anymore.

Last edited by frankhoover; 11-19-2012 at 12:59 PM.
frankhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhoover View Post
Another Fact, Cam is our leading rusher.
IMO, our other 2 running backs need to step it up, don't if our o-line again or if williams (18 yards) & stewart (43 yards) just can't get the job done anymore.
Can't run when there's no gaps...
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post

All that matters is wins.

Cam had a decent game and this thread gets bumped.

Matty Ice throws 5 INTs and 0 TDs but his team still somehow wins. No thread is made because they won.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post

You're not riling anyone up,
and just horrible coaching all around with some regression by Cam and that's it?
Seem to get a response from you every time. So now its the coaches fault?
Quote:
I haven't said this about any other game this year, but I think we crush the Eagles. Our pass rush has been looking great lately and if it's the rookie Foles playing on Monday, I think we dominate. I also think we win at the Chiefs and Raiders this year and finish 5-11 with a top 10 draft pick.
You sound like you are proud of that
Quote:
Can't run when there's no gaps...
I thought it was the coaches fault, now its the offensive lines fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post

Matty Ice throws 5 INTs and 0 TDs but his team still somehow wins. No thread is made because they won.
Not to these guys. I had someone say on a thread the other day, and I quote"championships dont measure talent". I did not even have a response for that one
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post

No. You could argue that all that matters for a team is to win, but not a qb. Hes one person. (Albeit the most important one, but he can't do it himself)

Matty won because his team won yesterday. This is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to a qb "losing a game" for the team. If cam throws 3 interceptions, it's a blowout because the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. If Matty throws 5 interceptions, they're still in the game and actually win It because the other players man up. This boils down to coaching and talent and somewhat, only somewhat on the qb.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
This dude is obsessed. I bet everytime the Panthers win he cries himself to sleep. He has posters in his room of Cam with his eyes carved out and uses it throw darts at. He wants nothing more than to drop Cam in a hole somewhere and lower a bucket of lotion to Cam once a day. He must put it on, or else he gets the hose again.
Do you even know who you are talking to?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Kendrick Lamar
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Seem to get a response from you every time. So now its the coaches fault?

You sound like you are proud of that

I thought it was the coaches fault, now its the offensive lines fault

Not to these guys. I had someone say on a thread the other day, and I quote"championships dont measure talent". I did not even have a response for that one
I know at this point it's a longshot, but let me try one more time to allow you to comprehend.

Because the coaches have nothing to do with the O-line performing.....

Proud of 5-11?? Why would I be? But am I putting it all on Cam? Hell no. He hasn't played like Brady, but even if he had we'd have what, 4 wins now?

*edit- I actually clicked on ckings posts and scrolled through a page or two. Literally about 1 in 5 is a comment about Cam Newton. That's insane.
Good luck with all the hating, don't slit your wrists next year if he starts doing well.

Last edited by sooslow; 11-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.
sooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
No. You could argue that all that matters for a team is to win, but not a qb. Hes one person. (Albeit the most important one, but he can't do it himself)

Matty won because his team won yesterday. This is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to a qb "losing a game" for the team. If cam throws 3 interceptions, it's a blowout because the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. If Matty throws 5 interceptions, they're still in the game and actually win It because the other players man up. This boils down to coaching and talent and somewhat, only somewhat on the qb.
I refuse to believe such a ridiculous notion.

A quarterback not responsible for both offense AND defense?

Hogwash.

Everyone and their momma knows the Qb is responsible for what happens the full 48 minutes of a game on both sides of the ball.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I know at this point it's a longshot, but let me try one more time to allow you to comprehend.

Because the coaches have nothing to do with the O-line performing.....

Proud of 5-11?? Why would I be? But am I putting it all on Cam? Hell no. He hasn't played like Brady, but even if he had we'd have what, 4 wins now?

*edit- I actually clicked on ckings posts and scrolled through a page or two. Literally about 1 in 5 is a comment about Cam Newton. That's insane.
Good luck with all the hating, don't slit your wrists next year if he starts doing well.
If it makes you feel any better Carolina may squeeze a few more wins out with some of the creme puffs they have left to play. If they lose to Oakland, KC, and Philly then I dont know what else to say. I am sure I will think of something
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I refuse to believe such a ridiculous notion.

A quarterback not responsible for both offense AND defense?

Hogwash.

Everyone and their momma knows the Qb is responsible for what happens the full 48 minutes of a game on both sides of the ball.
I lol'd @ 48 minutes.

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better Carolina may squeeze a few more wins out with some of the creme puffs they have left to play. If they lose to Oakland, KC, and Philly then I dont know what else to say. I am sure I will think of something
Lose, we get draft picks, win, we at least save some decency.
I want to see Cam continue to play well as he has the last few games, and I'd like to see our D-line get a ton of sacks this monday night. That's really all I care about in this wash of a season.