Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #76 (permalink)

I'm not a fan of Cam at all. I just can't quite put my finger on why that is though. I do know that he acts like a child when he loses. I'm sure his daddy told him he was the best right out the womb, and he has never had to deal with losing before in his life. For his sake, I hope he can learn how to lose like a man and to be a better teammate. Your QB needs to be a leader when things are going good, but most importantly, when things are going bad. I just don't see that quality in Cam as of yet.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I'm not a fan of Cam at all. I just can't quite put my finger on why that is though. I do know that he acts like a child when he loses. I'm sure his daddy told him he was the best right out the womb, and he has never had to deal with losing before in his life. For his sake, I hope he can learn how to lose like a man and to be a better teammate. Your QB needs to be a leader when things are going good, but most importantly, when things are going bad. I just don't see that quality in Cam as of yet.
He has gotten better in that regard too In the past few weeks. No more slumping on the bench with a towel on his head, sulking in the locker room or pouty press conferences. I do agree he needs to step up and be a leader at some point, preferably soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #78 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I refuse to believe such a ridiculous notion.

A quarterback not responsible for both offense AND defense?

Hogwash.

Everyone and their momma knows the Qb is responsible for what happens the full 48 minutes of a game on both sides of the ball.
not sure if joke or stupid.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #79 (permalink)

Somewhere, in a dark and cold room, cking is crying theirself to sleep tonight.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #80 (permalink)

Cam looked pretty good tonight, he got alot of the blame in the other games, but honestly the panthers just are not that good, it is definitely not all cam's fault
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #81 (permalink)

SuperCam

He's played well for the last month or so, it's been the rest of the team and coaching staff that's been letting him down
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
That guy is also the Reading Rainbow guy.
And it's Toby!
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post
He did play well tonight. Hopefully he can be more consistent. I wont run and hide when he plays well. I can take it. I certinly deserve it. I do still find it odd that you are bragging about someone who is 3-8 as a starter this year. I mean Mark Sanchez has more wins as a starter this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
He did play well tonight. Hopefully he can be more consistent. I wont run and hide when he plays well. I can take it. I certinly deserve it. I do still find it odd that you are bragging about someone who is 3-8 as a starter this year. I mean Mark Sanchez has more wins as a starter this year.
Switch coaching staffs and the Panthers are above .500 this year, Rivera n crew are seriously that bad.

1 min left in the half, 3 timeouts, and we moved the ball with ease against them early in the game, we run it once and let the clock die out

They REFUSE to ever try the 2 minute drill, they constantly make mistakes in personnel and play calling, they've just been downright awful this year. I'm afraid Cam is too good for us not to win a few more games this year and Richardson won't sack up and fire the guy because he's too damn loyal.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Switch coaching staffs and the Panthers are above .500 this year, Rivera n crew are seriously that bad.

1 min left in the half, 3 timeouts, and we moved the ball with ease against them early in the game, we run it once and let the clock die out

They REFUSE to ever try the 2 minute drill, they constantly make mistakes in personnel and play calling, they've just been downright awful this year. I'm afraid Cam is too good for us not to win a few more games this year and Richardson won't sack up and fire the guy because he's too damn loyal.
Well, they do have the Raiders and Chiefs on the remaining schedule so they should get at least two more wins. I am a firm believer in progress. If they finish 6-10 or less then one year of his career is gone with no progress made.NFL players have limited time to succeed. When the window opens he better be ready to take that next step.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, they do have the Raiders and Chiefs on the remaining schedule so they should get at least two more wins. I am a firm believer in progress. If they finish 6-10 or less then one year of his career is gone with no progress made.NFL players have limited time to succeed. When the window opens he better be ready to take that next step.
But the team's record doesn't necessarily mean the player didn't progress

He's making better decisions as of late, being a better teammate, leader, dealing with the media, he's really showing a lot of maturity over the last month plus. I think if he can keep it up that he's going to be a force to recon with come next season, just hopefully with a new coaching staff.

They're who I blame for the lack of team progress, we've had a 4th quarter lead in something like 12 of our last 16 losses or something, the play calling, time management, and overall decision making by the staff in those 4th quarters has been the downfall.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
But the team's record doesn't necessarily mean the player didn't progress

He's making better decisions as of late, being a better teammate, leader, dealing with the media, he's really showing a lot of maturity over the last month plus. I think if he can keep it up that he's going to be a force to recon with come next season, just hopefully with a new coaching staff.

They're who I blame for the lack of team progress, we've had a 4th quarter lead in something like 12 of our last 16 losses or something, the play calling, time management, and overall decision making by the staff in those 4th quarters has been the downfall.
I think these are the two things that turn people off from him. He has up to this point seemed like a terrible teammate and a worse leader. You do not go up to the podium and carry yourself the way he did. You just dont do it. When your team is stinking is when your star QB is supposed to be on point and keeping everyone positive. Again he is young and has a ton of time to turn it around. He has the talent. Its right there for the taking.The question is is he gonna reach out and take it or does he think its gonna come and find him. If he does think its gonna come and find him simply because hes Cam Newton then his stay in the NFL will be a short one. If he goes balls out and refuses to accept anything less then success then maybe things will start to turn around for him and the Panthers. I never denied the guys talent. His attitude is horrible and cockiness are what turn my stomach. As much success as Eli and Peyton have had they are two of the most humble people you will ever come across. Eli has horrible games on a regular basis. He fights thru them and sticks with his teammates and thats why he is successful.

Last edited by cking; 11-27-2012 at 03:52 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
I think these are the two things that turn people off from him. He has up to this point seemed like a terrible teammate and a worse leader. You do not go up to the podium and carry yourself the way he did. You just dont do it. When your team is stinking is when your star QB is supposed to be on point and keeping everyone positive. Again he is young and has a ton of time to turn it around. He has the talent. Its right there for the taking.The question is is he gonna reach out and take it or does he think its gonna come and find him. If he does think its gonna come and find him simply because hes Cam Newton then his stay in the NFL will be a short one. If he goes balls out and refuses to accept anything less then success then maybe things will start to turn around for him and the Panthers. I never denied the guys talent. His attitude is horrible and cockiness are what turn my stomach. As much success as Eli and Peyton have had they are two of the most humble people you will ever come across. Eli has horrible games on a regular basis. He fights thru them and sticks with his teammates and thats why he is successful.
And my point is that I think he's almost there

He has the work ethic, that's for sure, all accounts are that he worked his butt off this offseason, it's his demeanor and attitude when things aren't going his way that he has had his issues. And ever since the bye week when he was getting ripped in the media, he has completely turned it around both in game and post game as well as during the week.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:

He has the work ethic, that's for sure, all accounts are that he worked his butt off this offseason, it's his demeanor and attitude when things aren't going his way that he has had his issues. And ever since the bye week when he was getting ripped in the media, he has completely turned it around both in game and post game as well as during the week.
Yes, he has. I will give you that one
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, he has. I will give you that one
Thank you

What about how a decent amount of our losses weren't at all his fault like you like to blame him for but he was the only reason we were in the game at all?

I'm not one to protect a player or coach on my team, I may talk a big game pre-season, but once the games are played, I can call it like I see it. He was not doing the right thing outside the field of play, but between those white lines, he's been good to better than good for basically the whole year minus a few moments, but who isn't allowed a few mistakes.

Then the last month he's been playing very well and has turned around the outside the lines aspect of being the leader and QB of this team. It's been the coaching, defense, dumb bad luck that has lost a majority of the Panthers games this year, not Cam Newton
Old 11-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:

Everything you said is spot on, especially this. I wanted to throw my Captain and coke at the monitor, but they'd probably kick me out of Buffalo Wild wings for it... This man does not belong in the NFL as a head coach. Chud and Mcdermott can go too.
Quote:

Again, I agree. I think he's definitely improving in that area. He's not a leader at this point, but he has taken a few steps forward as far as not sulking, giving proper interviews, etc. I think a lot of people forget he is 23 years old. I realize other QB's can handle this pressure right away at 23....well, other's cant. Unfortunately this is something Cam has to grow into..... and he will.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #92 (permalink)

^ what the #@#@#@#@ did I just read? Did you guys just a have a calm, intelligent back and forth about Cam on a BO forum? #@#@#@#@ the world really is ending, time to go start a heroin habit.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
^ what the #@#@#@#@ did I just read? Did you guys just a have a calm, intelligent back and forth about Cam on a BO forum? #@#@#@#@ the world really is ending, time to go start a heroin habit.
Yup. Less than a month and counting. We won't even get to see the Super Bowl!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
I lol'd

But seriously, I agree with all of the points made on this subject today.
Don't ask me for my best price. You give me your best offer
CarolinaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #95 (permalink)

Just wondering where all of the Carolina haters are today?
Don't ask me for my best price. You give me your best offer
CarolinaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #96 (permalink)

CheathamHill on ToppsBunt app
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #97 (permalink)

One of the best games of Cam's career today
Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #98 (permalink)

11 Tds 0 INTs last 4 games.

But stats mean nothing according to the 'kang' around here so it matters not
CheathamHill on ToppsBunt app
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post
Don't worry, I am here to hold you.

Fun fact: Jon Gruden drafted Cam #1 in his fantasy league. I wanted something on the topic.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #100 (permalink)

There are no cam haters posting b/c he has looked great for the last month or so
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote