Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default Your opinion wanted

what's your opinion?

This is what happened...I sent a message to an ebay seller asking if he would sell this card off ebay. He said no even though this is the 3rd time he's tried selling it with a high starting bid and it hasn't sold. As soon as I asked the question, a person with the same exact amount of feedback bid up a card that is ending soon in an auction style format with a lower price.

I know it's not illegal, but what do you think about sellers bidding up other cards to make their cards more attractive?
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,495
Default

Dirt ball move....whats his ebay ID so I can block him?
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
Dirt ball move....whats his ebay ID so I can block him?
apparelandmore
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,495
Default

His prices are re-donk-uless.
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

How do you know he's not trying to buy a duplicate? Do you know for sure it is the seller? I'm sure he's not the only one with 1783 feedback.

This guys "hidden" id shows up as d***a. Even if it matches you still have no proof he did it only to raise the price closer to his.

If he is willing to pay the price if he wins then he is just as legitimate as any other bidder.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,495
Default

Well I didn't block him because all his cards are way overpriced so there is little to no chance I will ever buy from him anyway.

Is it you Bigzig?
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
Well I didn't block him because all his cards are way overpriced so there is little to no chance I will ever buy from him anyway.

Is it you Bigzig?
Yup. You caught me.

Sorry. I just get sick of random accusations based on ASSumptions.


By the way, you can't block sellers.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,474
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Yup. You caught me.

Sorry. I just get sick of random accusations based on ASSumptions.


By the way, you can't block sellers.
Yep, it seems like everyone on here assumes and makes a thread bout it. Someone selling a fake patch card is automatically a fake patch maker. Someone has an auction with 0 feedback bidder is suddenly a shiller.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
what's your opinion?

This is what happened...I sent a message to an ebay seller asking if he would sell this card off ebay. He said no even though this is the 3rd time he's tried selling it with a high starting bid and it hasn't sold. As soon as I asked the question, a person with the same exact amount of feedback bid up a card that is ending soon in an auction style format with a lower price.

I know it's not illegal, but what do you think about sellers bidding up other cards to make their cards more attractive?
read before you make stupid remarks bigzig, all I said was that the feedback was exactly the same...there is some question as to whether it's the same person. Then I asked what your opinion was IF it was happening

Last edited by hugh; 10-29-2012 at 05:46 PM.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Hugh, you should know that Bigzig loves doing what he just did.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
read before you make stupid remarks bigzig, all I said was that the feedback was exactly the same...there is some question as to whether it's the same person. Then I asked what your opinion was IF it was happening
I did read it hugh. The way you phrased it made it sound as if you knew 100% that it was this seller, and he was only doing it to make it closer to his cards price.

In your second post you didn't even hesitate to throw out the sellers name. If you were really only "questioning" it, you should have left it out.

It's definitely not the first time you've been more than willing to throw a seller under the bus for your assumptions. Before calling other posts "stupid" maybe you should look at your own.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Hugh, you should know that Bigzig loves doing what he just did.
What did I just do? Debunk a random accusation? Yes I did. Way to much Bs gets thrown around on these forums because someone assumes they know what is going on. Heaven forbid someone have actual facts before dragging someone's name in the mud.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,666
Default

Your opinion wanted

In my opinion Cam Newton is overrated................ohh wait, sorry
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
THE(NEXT)LEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
read before you make stupid remarks bigzig, all I said was that the feedback was exactly the same...there is some question as to whether it's the same person. Then I asked what your opinion was IF it was happening
Can't you just put his id(the seller) into an eBay bidder search to find out?
__________________
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/zupsic/

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
What did I just do? Debunk a random accusation? Yes I did. Way to much Bs gets thrown around on these forums because someone assumes they know what is going on. Heaven forbid someone have actual facts before dragging someone's name in the mud.
Where in the OP did he drag anyone's name through the mud? he asked a question, and for people's opinions and didn't go about anything in the wrong way.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Can't you just put his id(the seller) into an eBay bidder search to find out?
Funny you mention it.

0 current bids unless ebay is flawed.......but I love doing this

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Where in the OP did he drag anyone's name through the mud? he asked a question, and for people's opinions and didn't go about anything in the wrong way.
2nd post he was more than willing to throw out the sellers name. My first post mentioned that it could be anything. Then my post was called "stupid" and I was told "I love doing this".

By "this" I assume you mean providing a second point of view? Why is that a bad thing?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
THE(NEXT)LEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Funny you mention it.

0 current bids unless ebay is flawed.......but I love doing this

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
Mystery solved, lol
__________________
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/zupsic/

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,184
Default

If all you want is an opinion to the question (no need for a back story if that's all you wanted) my opinion would be as long as he is willing to pay if he wins, there really isn't anything wrong with it.

If he's bidding high just to get the card off the market with no intentions of paying then yes, that's douchey.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Hugh, you should know that Bigzig loves doing what he just did.
I know people love to argue, it's fun sometimes
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If all you want is an opinion to the question (no need for a back story if that's all you wanted) my opinion would be as long as he is willing to pay if he wins, there really isn't anything wrong with it.

If he's bidding high just to get the card off the market with no intentions of paying then yes, that's douchey.
I agree with you, but I thought giving an example would make it easier for the simple-minded folks on BO
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I did read it hugh. The way you phrased it made it sound as if you knew 100% that it was this seller, and he was only doing it to make it closer to his cards price.

In your second post you didn't even hesitate to throw out the sellers name. If you were really only "questioning" it, you should have left it out.

It's definitely not the first time you've been more than willing to throw a seller under the bus for your assumptions. Before calling other posts "stupid" maybe you should look at your own.
ok, maybe I shouldn't have given seller's name but I was asked
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Funny you mention it.

0 current bids unless ebay is flawed.......but I love doing this

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
that's because the card he was bidding on, ended...no mystery there
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
studioU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Your opinion wanted

In my opinion Cam Newton is overrated................ohh wait, sorry
Wow, did he run over your kitten or puppy?
studioU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
bsheeern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I agree with you, but I thought giving an example would make it easier for the simple-minded folks on BO
So you want the opinion of a bunch of simple minded people??
__________________
The Star Is Always Bigger Than The Owner, Coaches & Players. Past, Present or Future
[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]BUCKET [/COLOR]
bsheeern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.