Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
yankeesfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middle Of Nowhere, PA
Posts: 16,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
So where is the team that being in the top 5 is deemed laughable fit?
Any where from 8-12. The team just is not that good. The NFCE is weak this year, and I will not be surprised if the Giants finish 9-7. Teams can run on them (last night does not count, without DeMarco, Dallas has no running game), as well as exploit the passing game. Their offense is good, but their defense can be a let down, as shown yesterday.
__________________
Blowout's Resident DeMarco Murray Supercollector
DM PC Stats: 1092/1781. 129 1/1's, 219 Autos, 235 Gu, 290 #ed, 216 Base/RC's
http://demarcomurraysupercollector.webs.com/index.htm
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,397
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
Any where from 8-12. The team just is not that good. The NFCE is weak this year, and I will not be surprised if the Giants finish 9-7. Teams can run on them (last night does not count, without DeMarco, Dallas has no running game), as well as exploit the passing game. Their offense is good, but their defense can be a let down, as shown yesterday.
I have them at a fickle #7.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Metsfan1121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 3,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Oakland, San Diego and New Orleans (this year) are not really that good. San Diego is in a tailspin and going down fast.
Let's go week by week
Week 1 Denver v Pit, NY v Dallas= Denver had it harder
Week 2 Atl and TB= Denver had it harder
Week 3 Hou and Car= Denver had it harder
Week 4 Oak and Phi= Tie
Week 5 NE and Cle= Denver had it harder
Week 6 SD and SF= NY had it harder
Week 7 NY v Redskins
Week 8 NO and Dal= Tie

I feel Denver played 4 good teams,1 ok team, and 2 bad ones whereas giants played 1 good team, 3 ok ones and 4 bad ones
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigbadbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Here are mine, whats yours

1.) Falcons
2.) Texans
3.) Patriots (lost two games by 1 point and one game by 2 points)
4.) Broncos (lost to the Falons, Texans and Patroits) (Peyton for MVP?)
5.) Packers (won 3 in a row)

Out the tops 5

49ers- too inconsistent

Giants - almost lost to the Redskins and almost lost to the Cowboys by a finger nail. 2 unconvincing wins.

Bears - Beat the Texans and they will be in the top five. I do not think it will happen.
I can't agree with your top 5 in anyway. Here is how I see it.....

1. Falcons - 7-0 goes without saying
2. Houston - 1 lose and finding some consistency
3. NY Giants - Still Winning, regardless of how, on top of the NFC East with the toughest schedule in football.
4. Bears - only one lose nuff said.
5. 49ers - Depends on tonight, but they have arguably the best D in the league.
__________________
COLLECTOR, TRADER, AND SELLER OF PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
Bigbadbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,576
Default

1-Cam Newton
2-Cam Newton
3-Cam Newton
4-Cam Newton
5-Cam Newton

Oh wait,you said team. I thought you said team player.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,397
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
I can't agree with your top 5 in anyway. Here is how I see it.....

1. Falcons - 7-0 goes without saying
2. Houston - 1 lose and finding some consistency
3. NY Giants - Still Winning, regardless of how, on top of the NFC East with the toughest schedule in football.
4. Bears - only one lose nuff said.
5. 49ers - Depends on tonight, but they have arguably the best D in the league.
I could not disagree with you more. It does matter how they win and how and they lose when ranking teams. It also matters whom they lose to and win against. Also the Giants schedule is not tough. Come on! The Eagles, Bucs, Browns, Cowboys Panthers. Only one team they played has a winning record and you call that tough! Beside the 49ers the other teams have a combine record of 15-30!

Also by your logic the Bears should be #3.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"

Last edited by Jackg1980; 10-29-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I could not disagree with you more. It does matter how they win and how and they lose when ranking teams. It also matters whom they lose to and win against. Also the Giants schedule is not tough. Come on! The Eagles, Bucs, Browns, Cowboys Panthers. Only one team they played has a winning record and you call that tough! Beside the 49ers the other teams have a combine record of 15-30!
So let me get this straight

If Team A wins 16 games by one point, and plays sloppy defense and offense, but still goes 16-0, and team B goes 2-14 but wins two games by 78 points against the two best teams in the league, then Team B is better? In my opinion, how they win shouldnt matter, because a Win is a Win is a Win.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,397
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
So let me get this straight

If Team A wins 16 games by one point, and plays sloppy defense and offense, but still goes 16-0, and team B goes 2-14 but wins two games by 78 points against the two best teams in the league, then Team B is better? In my opinion, how they win shouldnt matter, because a Win is a Win is a Win.
How do you rank teams with the same record? Are they all a tie?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
DaBears 1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,216
Default

Whats the 9ers record going into the MNF game? Id have them in my top 5
__________________
For sale:

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dabears1985/a/for-sale
DaBears 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
1) Falcons- they are just all around good
2) Bears- awesome defense with an improving offense
3) Packers- they always seem to play well when needed
4) Giants- see packers
5) Broncos-Peyton doesn't give up

Not there
Patriots-Way overrated IMO. Brady is great but they have no defense or running game
San Francisco- the anti-patriots. Good defense but terrible offense
Texans- Don't have faith in their consistency. Schaub will not be able to keep up with it. They remind of the falcons the past few years. Great RB, WRs, TE, defense and a potentially good QB
Pats have no running game!!! Have u even watched a game with them in it this yr???? They have the 4th highest rusher in the league and he splits carries with 2 other guys not to mention he has one of the greatest qbs ever throwing the ball.......
__________________
Bucket-http://s1155.photobucket.com/albums/p544/crd1224/
crd1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
How do you rank teams with the same record? Are they all a tie?
No, but Im refering to the Packers being above the Bears and giants.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
1) Falcons- they are just all around good
2) Bears- awesome defense with an improving offense
3) Packers- they always seem to play well when needed
4) Giants- see packers
5) Broncos-Peyton doesn't give up

Not there
Patriots-Way overrated IMO. Brady is great but they have no defense or running game
San Francisco- the anti-patriots. Good defense but terrible offense
Texans- Don't have faith in their consistency. Schaub will not be able to keep up with it. They remind of the falcons the past few years. Great RB, WRs, TE, defense and a potentially good QB

number 5 running team in the league disagrees with you
__________________
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/Cadesnh/

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,343
Default

the Falcons are the #1 team in the NFL, if only by default. i think everybody jumps at seeing them 7-0 and they automatically must be the best.

Week 1- they beat a bad Chiefs team
Week 2- beat a good Broncos team...but ALSO nearly let them come back and force OT after being up 27-7
Week 3- beat a bad Chargers team
Week 4- barely beat a bad Panthers team after being down the whole 4th quarter
Week 5- beat a "decent" Redskins team
Week 6- barely beat a bad Raiders team
Week 7- beat a bad Eagles team

yes they are 7-0...but their schedule hasnt exactly bee tough either.

matter of fact..their schedule isnt really impressive the restof the year if you ask me:

struggling Dallas...bad Defense NO...struggling AZ (at least its a tough defense)...bad defense with TB...NO, again...Carolina, again...Giants, Lions and TB again.

The passing game is on fire..no doubt..but the run game has been non existant..and their defense isnt that great either.

I would put them at #1 right now, but barely...its extremely close between them, the Giants and Texans.

how Houston handles the next 2 games imo would put them ahead of the Falcons, regardless if Falcons dont lose.

Houston has beaten a quality Denver team, thumped a quality Ravens team.
They got picked apart by Rodgers, but that was a bad position as well since the Pack had just lost to the Colts for their 2nd win and were gonna be in a bad mood.

The Bills are a bad team on defense..but both teams have had a week off to prepare, so it might be tougher than it seems. And next week they get the Bears.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,491
Default

Falcons - Look to be for real
Packers - Still have Aaron Rodgers
Bears - Best defense in the league
Texans - Well rounded
Patriots - Can still score points at will

Falling short of Top 5
49ers - Alex Smith is far to mediocre of a QB to take this team to the next level
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.