Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Eli is 8-3 in the playoffs and 2-0 in the Super Bowl.

You just cannot deny how clutch Eli is. He has what it takes to be victorious in the biggest games, the guy is a leader and has the intangibles also.

Edit: Let's not forget Eli beating your beloved Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship game, ad in the playoffs last season.

Last edited by MI Rob; 10-29-2012 at 09:53 PM.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt54650 View Post
He beat Brady twice because of two lucky throws with two receivers who had no business catching the ball. The tyree catch and the maningham catch were supremely lucky and those somehow define Eli as great. I agree he's better than most, but he's way too inconsistent.
I'll give you that there was a little luck involved with the Tyree catch, but to say the Manningham catch is lucky is laughable. It was a perfectly thrown ball and an amazing catch by the receiver. To say it was "supremely lucky" just makes you sound ignorant.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Eli is 8-3 in the playoffs and 2-0 in the Super Bowl.

You just cannot deny how clutch Eli is. He has what it takes to be victorious in the biggest games, the guy is a leader and has the intangibles also.

Edit: Let's not forget Eli beating your beloved Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship game, ad in the playoffs last season.
Did we switch over to a 1 on 1 QB league finally? That 53 man roster was getting tough to follow.

Really, let's throw Eli onto the Bills. Let's see him go 8 - 3 in the Playoffs there. Only the QB matters anyway.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
Did we switch over to a 1 on 1 QB league finally? That 53 man roster was getting tough to follow.

Really, let's throw Eli onto the Bills. Let's see him go 8 - 3 in the Playoffs there. Only the QB matters anyway.
As if Brady or Rodgers would do much better on the Bills than Eli
I'm an Eagles fan and I think Eli is an elite quarterback. In the NFL, winning is the most important thing, and what Eli does is win.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

I used to be a hater, dude is elite
CUHATIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

You can't spell Elite without Eli...that or Helicopter or Deliver.

Yes, IMO, he is top-5 / ELITE
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy250 View Post
I'm an Eagles fan and I think Eli is an elite quarterback. In the NFL, winning is the most important thing, and what Eli does is win.
Never said Brady or Rodgers would.

I'm commenting on the fact that all this winning has something to do with the rest of the roster. Give the other players who aren't the QB some glory.

Any "top 5 elite QB" on a weak team won't win much of anything. The elite QB talk almost never acknowledges the supporting cast. Only wins. Which wouldn't be there without Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Tuck, and the rest of the roster. The defense has came to Eli's rescue before.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy250 View Post
Are you talking about Tebow? lol jk
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
Never said Brady or Rodgers would.

I'm commenting on the fact that all this winning has something to do with the rest of the roster. Give the other players who aren't the QB some glory.

Any "top 5 elite QB" on a weak team won't win much of anything. The elite QB talk almost never acknowledges the supporting cast. Only wins. Which wouldn't be there without Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Tuck, and the rest of the roster. The defense has came to Eli's rescue before.
The Giants are a good team with a really good defense. The Giants D keeps them in the game and allows him to make clutch plays.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #35 (permalink)

I won't even justify this thread with an opposing opinion. Simply an ignorant thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
The Giants are a good team with a really good defense. The Giants D keeps them in the game and allows him to make clutch plays.
Something else the Giants do is not make mistakes, they're smart football wise and they don't really get "beat" very often.

Had it not been a horror show yesterday on the Dallas offense, I think the Giants might have not gotten 13 points. The Dallas D played their asses off yesteryday and gave up 6 points without the aid of turnovers.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #37 (permalink)

Sports fans still use the bs term luck these days?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #38 (permalink)

Just because he is Peyton's nerdy little brother doesn't mean he can't be elite.

If Big Bro didn't exist, Eli would be the man right up there with Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Rothamburgler.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Damn right.

Without the Giants pass rush and JPP's pick six (not to mention the other interceptions/fumbles) on Sunday, Eli would be 0 - 2 against the Cowboys this year. Both teams would be 4 - 3 atop the division.

Eli showed up in the fourth quarter...to get them in field goal range a couple times and pray. 0 TDs all game. Funny how even fans of the team can't credit the Giants D with the win.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

Eli has never missed a game in his career. Last year the Giants were last in running the football in the NFL and Eli found a way to lead them to the playoffs. Did anyone watch the playoffs last year? He was UNREAL!
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You sure it wasn't a show about elite mouth breathers? He's pretty good at that...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
12/8 TD/INT ratio. 62% cmp. 89 rating. Far from elite status.
Im not a stat junkie so I have no clue where he is exactly but look what hes done for them over the last few years. Hes gotten them into the playoffs and contended well, Won what? atleast one SB? or 2? He makes some amazing passes here and there and pretty consistant. Is Peyton elite? I think we all agree Peyton is elite. And Eli has matched his brothers SB wins right?
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
Im not a stat junkie so I have no clue where he is exactly but look what hes done for them over the last few years. Hes gotten them into the playoffs and contended well, Won what? atleast one SB? or 2? He makes some amazing passes here and there and pretty consistant. Is Peyton elite? I think we all agree Peyton is elite. And Eli has matched his brothers SB wins right?
Eli has 2 SB wins to Peyton's 1.

Eli has also had more talent surrounding him. Eli can play well obviously, but I'd take Peyton in his prime over Eli any day of the week.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
12/8 TD/INT ratio. 62% cmp. 89 rating. Far from elite status.
His team wins games, it's a New York team and the QB always gets the kudos/blame when a team wins/loses. He also has the most red-zone interceptions of any QB since he has been in the league. But, everyone overlooks that because of his late-game heroics.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #45 (permalink)

I think most people don't put Eli in the "elite" category because well honestly he doesn't get as much hype as Rodgers, Brees, or Peyton. I think Eli is an amazing QB and he's doing a great job as the Giants QB.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #46 (permalink)

Here's an interesting player you can compare him to.
He's played in the NFL 9 seasons and only 2 of those years has he thrown less int's then games played. He's only had 1 season with a QB rating over 90.

16, 18, 20 and 25 are some of his int totals for past seasons. In 4 seasons he's thrown 79 interceptions.

He's also had 2 seasons where he fumbled 9 times and another two seasons where he fumbled 7 times. So in just 4 seasons he's fumbled 32 times.

He's led the league in int's and fumble in the past.

For a 9 year career he has 2 more td's than turnovers.

He's averaged 1.1 interceptions per game over 9 years.

His career QB rating is around 82.

Is this guy elite?

Last edited by bsheeern; 10-30-2012 at 03:53 AM.
bsheeern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

ok im a cowboys fan but i do give respect to eli but i just cant put him up there with the elites tom brady,aaron rodgers,peyton manning, and drew brees are just at a whole other level and then there comes the next level of qb's where the eli"s big ben matt ryans joe flaccos tony romos matt schuabs belong in there not elite but good qbs look at eli and big ben to me if they didnt have those strong d's good coachs in those playoff runs both will be missing some jewels on there fingers rite NOW but who got all the praise QB!
romo2austin2dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #48 (permalink)

Eli is very good, and everyone always wants to point at winning the 2 superbowls, but when your defense gives up 13 points or whatever is what I wouldnt exactly say Eli won those games, I would actually say that the Giants D won those games. I will agree that he is very clutch, but if his defense wasnt so good, he would not get to be clutch very often. Plus in this last superbowl welker dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands and they lost because of it. If manningham does the same thing then Eli and the giants dont win. Its a team game. I cannot put him in the elite class if elite is Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees. That is just my opinion though, I have always been a Peyton guy.
broncomanning18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #49 (permalink)

Two Superbowls makes u elite
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheeern View Post
Here's an interesting player you can compare him to.
He's played in the NFL 9 seasons and only 2 of those years has he thrown less int's then games played. He's only had 1 season with a QB rating over 90.

16, 18, 20 and 25 are some of his int totals for past seasons. In 4 seasons he's thrown 79 interceptions.

He's also had 2 seasons where he fumbled 9 times and another two seasons where he fumbled 7 times. So in just 4 seasons he's fumbled 32 times.

He's led the league in int's and fumble in the past.

For a 9 year career he has 2 more td's than turnovers.

He's averaged 1.1 interceptions per game over 9 years.

His career QB rating is around 82.

Is this guy elite?
He actually fumbled 13 times those two seasons. ESPN separates rushing and passing fumbles. So his fumble total for 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009 is...44. Pretty impressive.

To be fair, his 2011 Super Bowl year was a bit stronger. When Cruz blew up. When the defense played great in the Playoffs. When JPP (not Eli) blocked a game tying field goal with 10 seconds left against Dallas...a game that could have left the Giants out of the Playoffs.