Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Top 5 Players at Each Position (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/391102-top-5-players-each-position.html)

buckeye00 10-30-2012 04:09 PM

Top 5 Players at Each Position

I'm new here and this is my first thread; been seriously collecting cards for about the past four years and visiting this site for the past year. I thought it would be fun to finally get involved in the community. So my question is who are your 5 best players at qb, rb, wr, te, cb s and then also 5 best pass rushers and 5 best run stoppers?

Qb-Rodgers, brady, brees, manning, manning

Rb-Ap, McCoy, Mjd, T-Rich(biased since browns fan), rice

Wr-Megatron, Green, Fitzgerald, Harvin, Julio Jones

Te-Graham, Gronk, Hernadaz, Gonzo, Davis

Cb-Revis, Peterson, Bailey, Tim Jennings, Claiborne

S-Berry, Reed, Polamalu, Earl Thomas, Donte Whitner

Pass Rushers-Watt, Matthews, Miller, Ware, Allen

Run Stoppers- Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, Willis, Bowman, Briggs

btmcrushers 10-30-2012 04:20 PM

If you are going on talent as opposed to who you like you must be an ATL hater. Julio probably not five but almost as good, if not better than, Harvin, Marshall. And Roddy is def top 5. Also, Gonzalez at TE?? Isn't he like second all time in receptions?

Arian Foster would def also deserve a spot over McCoy, or T-Rich

I will just go Offense

QB--Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees

RB--AP, Foster, Rice, MJD, Johnson then Gore/Charles

WR--Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Roddy White, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (think talent/skill wise he is still up there just hasn't had a QB in awhile)

TE--Gonzalez, Gronk, Witten, Miller, Gates/Davis

Koppper 10-30-2012 04:21 PM

RB-You need Arian Foster

buckeye00 10-30-2012 04:30 PM

Completely forgot about Julio was thinking about him when I was putting Aj in but he slipped my mind after-words. I've always found foster to be a product of that zone blocking system, when Foster was hurt Ben Tate did just as well filling in for him and that system has had a history of churning out 1000 yrd backs.

Bars and Bar 10-30-2012 04:39 PM

CB- Jonathan Joseph
RB- Arian Foster
Run Stoppers- JJ Watt

yankeesfan24 10-30-2012 04:44 PM

Not this year as a Top 5 CB for Mo, but certainly next year. Already the best CB on the team with virtually no training camp.

As for run stopper, Jay Ratliff has to be there as well. As soon as he came back to the Dallas D, their run defense improved, and they have yet to allow major yardage on the ground since he has been back.

And Fred Davis over Witten at TE? Please, Witten is one of the best of all time, and Fred might not even have a team to start the year next year due to his achilles tear.

DaBears 1985 10-30-2012 05:17 PM

Replace megatron with Titus Young

kidding, kidding

I think Arian Foster needs to be up there

jason122883 10-30-2012 05:21 PM

I can already tell this is just going to be a homer thread. With that said

QB Stafford #1
RB LeShoure or whoever is healthy for DET #1
WR Calvin #1 Titus #2 and Broyles #3
TE Pettigrew #1 Scheffler #2

fantasyjunkies1 10-30-2012 05:27 PM

I'll join in for offense.

QB - Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Manning
RB - Peterson, Rice, Foster, McCoy, Charles
WR - Megatron, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Welker, White
TE - Gronk, Graham, Gonzalez, Witten, Hernandez

RedSoxFan28 10-30-2012 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=buckeye00;3563361]I'm new here and this is my first thread; been seriously collecting cards for about the past four years and visiting this site for the past year. I thought it would be fun to finally get involved in the community. So my question is who are your 5 best players at qb, rb, wr, te, cb s and then also 5 best pass rushers and 5 best run stoppers?

Qb-Rodgers, brady, brees, manning, manning

Rb-Ap, McCoy, Mjd, T-Rich(biased since browns fan), rice

Wr-Megatron, Green, Fitzgerald, Harvin, Julio Jones

Te-Graham, Gronk, Hernadaz, Gonzo, Davis

Cb-Revis, Peterson, Bailey, Tim Jennings, Claiborne

Pass Rushers-Watt, Matthews, Miller, Ware, Allen

Run Stoppers- Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, Willis, Bowman, Briggs[/QUOTE]

Only doing QB: Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Pey. Manning, Matt Ryan

buckeye00 10-30-2012 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=yankeesfan24;3563848]Not this year as a Top 5 CB for Mo, but certainly next year. Already the best CB on the team with virtually no training camp.

As for run stopper, Jay Ratliff has to be there as well. As soon as he came back to the Dallas D, their run defense improved, and they have yet to allow major yardage on the ground since he has been back.

And Fred Davis over Witten at TE? Please, Witten is one of the best of all time, and Fred might not even have a team to start the year next year due to his achilles tear.[/QUOTE]
No Vernon Davis lol!

yankeesfan24 10-30-2012 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=buckeye00;3564521]No Vernon Davis lol![/QUOTE]

Vernon is not doing anything this year either.

MarshallCutler6 10-30-2012 05:56 PM

How in da heck is Marshall not on here at least once? And if youre going to put Jennings in you have also got to put in Tillman, He may not have the picks, but he shut down Megatron and has won 2 player of the weeks.

CALVINXLIONSX81 10-30-2012 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=MarshallCutler6;3564792]How in da heck is Marshall not on here at least once? And if youre going to put Jennings in you have also got to put in Tillman, He may not have the picks, but he shut down Megatron and has won 2 player of the weeks.[/QUOTE]

Marshall isn't top5 he is just the only Bears target that can catch

jason122883 10-30-2012 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=CALVINXLIONSX81;3564802]Marshall isn't top5 he is just the only Bears target that can catch[/QUOTE]

This is a valid point. Marshall is a good WR, he is not top 5. Tillman I can live with, he is a very good DB

MarshallCutler6 10-30-2012 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=jason122883;3564815]This is a valid point. Marshall is a good WR, he is not top 5. Tillman I can live with, he is a very good DB[/QUOTE]

I guess I agree, but we can all agree upon top 10 right?

MarshallCutler6 10-30-2012 06:04 PM

Qb-Rodgers, brady, brees, manning, Ryan

Rb-Ap, McCoy, Mjd, Gore, rice

Wr-Megatron, Green, Fitzgerald, Marshall, Julio Jones

Te-Graham, Gronk, Witten, Gonzoleaz

Cb-Revis, Haden, Bailey, Tim Jennings, Tillman

Pass Rushers-Watt, Matthews, Peppers, Ware, Allen

Run Stoppers- Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, Willis, Bowman, Briggs

Jackg1980 10-30-2012 07:21 PM

QB, Peyton, Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Brady Brees (Eli is only top 5 in one cat)

RB, Foster, McCoy, Gore, Ray Rice, Trent

WR, Megatron, J. Jones, AJ Green, Fritz, A. Johnson

TE, Gronk, J. Graham, T. Gonzo, Aaron Hernandez, Witten

antrodemus 10-30-2012 07:29 PM

Alfred Morris > Trent Richardson

dittomax10 10-30-2012 07:33 PM

Tim Jennings over Peanut Tillman? I don't really agree with that I mean Tillman kept Megatron SILENT last week, and even took a pass out of his hand. Also, he has 3 forced fumbles and two interceptions already.

MarshallCutler6 10-30-2012 07:40 PM

[QUOTE=dittomax10;3565452]Tim Jennings over Peanut Tillman? I don't really agree with that I mean Tillman kept Megatron SILENT last week, and even took a pass out of his hand. Also, he has 3 forced fumbles and two interceptions already.[/QUOTE]

Im right there with you buddy...

Josh611 10-30-2012 07:43 PM

Tebow
Sanchez
Gabert
Ponder
Romo

lionsfan20 10-30-2012 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=dittomax10;3565452]Tim Jennings over Peanut Tillman? I don't really agree with that I mean Tillman kept Megatron SILENT last week, and even took a pass out of his hand. Also, he has 3 forced fumbles and two interceptions already.[/QUOTE]

Tillman is very good but I wouldnt put much stock in the last game against Detroit. Calvin has not had a good game yet this year against any DB. He is dropping a lot of passes and struggling this year. Last year calvin had over 200 yards on 13 catches and a TD against the Bears in their 2 meetings and I would assume that was against Tillman?? Just wanted to point that out.

dittomax10 10-30-2012 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=lionsfan20;3565553]Tillman is very good but I wouldnt put much stock in the last game against Detroit. Calvin has not had a good game yet this year against any DB. He is dropping a lot of passes and struggling this year. Last year calvin had over 200 yards on 13 catches and a TD against the Bears in their 2 meetings and I would assume that was against Tillman?? Just wanted to point that out.[/QUOTE]

well I'm not really talking about last year's Tillman, but instead this year's Tillman. I mean, last year I would have considered him just an average corner, but this year he's been amazing.

popmaz 10-30-2012 08:41 PM

Qb-Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, E. Manning

Rb-Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Lesean Mccoy, AP, MJD

Wr-C. Johnson, AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald

Te-Gronlowski, Gates, Graham, Witten, H. Miller

Cb-Revis, Joseph, Bailey, Haden, C. Rodgers

S-Polamalu, Reed, A. Wilson, Weddle, H. Smith

Pass Rushers-Watt, Allen, J. Harrison, Matthews, Ware

Run Stoppers-Haloti Ngata,Willis, Justin Smith, Casey Hampton, BJ Raji