Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan19 View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I am convinced it is real, but it seems the seller and I have come to an impasse. We are close, but my budget is tight nowadays.

As for the comments from jackg, I appreciate your opionion and do understand that the companies may be using unauthentic jerseys, but all I care about is how the card comes out of the pack. Because of the saturation of event worn, game used, non game used, whatever memorabilia pieces they put in the card I really don't care about where it comes from as it really doesn't give me a "connection to the player" which was the original intention of game used cards. I just want to make sure the card is UNALTERED FROM ITS ORIGINAL STATE. As long as I can guarentee that than the uniqueness of the patches that make the card more visually appealing is what attracts me to certain cards.

Again, thank you all for the input!
Totally understand, if its for your PC then that is all you should worry about. Good thing you are taking precautions and getting confirmation its real.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

I would pass on it doesn't look fake but just a bad auto and the card is damaged. You can find better cards for PC that are in mint cond.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
I think it is real, there is a keyshawn johnson jets logo patch card further down in this sub-forum that I believe is fake, but people have seen this pulled and/or know the owner. It is a pretty sweet card and percey has been killing it.
that keyshawn must be fake, there is no other card with another part of that patch.
lennox.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I kind of agree with Jackg. There were several cases regarding individuals selling fake game used jerseys to the card companies. They would altered the jerseys to make them looked like game used. Sometimes, allegedly, the card companies knew about it and sometimes they didn't. We will never know if those jerseys and patches in the cards are real or not.

Let's put it this way. For OP's questioned card, I think the patch was the original one that was inserted in the card without any alteration. :b
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

As much as I would love a Vikings head patch for my collection I would have to pass I got burnt for $100 on a Sp Authentic Ciatrick Fason that turned out to be fake back in 2005 so I still have bad taste left for the Viking head patches.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote