Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   REAL or FAKE, Vikings Head Style (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/392240-real-fake-vikings-head-style.html)

rangerfan19 11-02-2012 10:02 AM

REAL or FAKE, Vikings Head Style

Hey guys, I don't normally do this as I try to make informed decisions on my own. However, this one stumps me. Its a 1/1 which is why I tend to think its real, however, I do not have much experience with Vikings heads and what size they should be from a patch on a jersey and so on. I thought I would get some input before I make a serious counter-offer to his counter-offer, so ALL opinions are welcome. I promise, this WILL NOT be one of those "you say one thing and I, the OP, will try to tell you otherwise because I have already made up my mind I just want to stir up trouble" threads, lol!

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Bowman-Percy-Harvin-Viking-Head-Logo-Jersey-Patch-Auto-Autograph-Signed-1-1-/251176353865?ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:US:1123[/url]

Texans81 11-02-2012 10:09 AM

the size appears to be pretty much correct based on just quickly looking at the pics. i'm not sure how familiar you are with a Vikings jersey but the head patch is located just below the next line on the back of the jersey above the nameplate. you could go online and look for pics of Vikings jersey to see the patch and then try to get a better idea of its relative size.

I'm not expert on these things, but there isn't anything about it that really jumps out at me and screams fake. That being said I'd still definitely do as much homework as possible ahead of time to make sure you know what you're getting.

rangerfan19 11-02-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks, I feel the same way about nothing jumping out as fake. I have been wanting to add a Percy to the PC and just want to make sure I do my due dillegence before I jump in on this one...

Bizzydesigner 11-02-2012 11:42 AM

If you need something for comparison, this is something my buddy has that was sent to him directly from UD as a redemption:

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/bizzydesigner/002.jpg[/IMG]

VikingsAllDay 11-02-2012 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=Bizzydesigner;3578384]If you need something for comparison, this is something my buddy has that was sent to him directly from UD as a redemption:

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/bizzydesigner/002.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

thats sick....

freeman2jackson 11-02-2012 01:09 PM

If its even questionable don't bother

antrodemus 11-02-2012 01:11 PM

Search for "viking head" and you'll see it's about the same size as others.

BTW, that card has been listed several times and hasn't sold for the asking price.

Jackg1980 11-02-2012 02:02 PM

I would stay away.

wheeler281 11-02-2012 02:19 PM

I saw that pulled on blog tv during a break. You are fine

bazinga 11-02-2012 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=Jackg1980;3579123]I would stay away.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^

thinks all 2 color + are fake,,,,:rolleyes:

sportscards0513 11-02-2012 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=freeman2jackson;3578810]If its even questionable don't bother[/QUOTE]

+1 You do not want to worry about it constantly after you buy it.

bazinga 11-02-2012 03:21 PM

someone said they saw it pulled ,,,, its real then

messier2 11-02-2012 03:23 PM

It looks real, just like this one: [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/120999928051?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649]Kyle Rudolph 2011 National Treasures Auto Autograph Logo Patch 38 49 Vikings | eBay[/url]

Jackg1980 11-02-2012 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=bazinga;3579299]^^^^^

thinks all 2 color + are fake,,,,:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No I do not, how can you say that. Even if its real I would stay away from it tho. Here is why.

1.) It is known now that Topps, UD and Panini purchase and used fake game worn jerseys in their cards. So even if its untampered with it still can be fake. We may or may never know how many or which ones are fake but we know they there are many untampered fake jerseys card outs there.

2.) Over-saturation: The card companies are created more and more products each year. Which means more and more jersey cards. Players are now wearing 50 jerseys at once with extra patches on them so the companies can create more and more and more patch cards. This trend will not stop but get worse. They are even making manufactured logo, shield and other patch cards. More products are coming out this year than any other. This will eventually drop the prices on most of the patch cards.

3.) Scammers: Since the card companies and hobby are doing very little to protect buyers from scammers, the scamming is getting worse. There are alot of fake logo and shield cards out there that are nearly impossible to detect. You can not compete with a fake logo patch card price. This will also drop the value of the cards. One forgery ring that was busted made over 100 million dollars in sales. Supposedly it is worse now.

4.) More and more collectors are finding out about these scams and are leaving the hobby. Less demand and more supply means values will drop. I just meet a guy on ebay that was selling a fake patch card. I even provided him the proof it was fake. He was upset but wanted me to look at his other cards. Almost his entire collection consisted of patch cards. Some were real, some were for sure fakes and others were very suspicious. He even had some GAI autos. I gave him some links to some articles that talked about the scams in more detail and some other links. After he read them he told me he wanted to get out the hobby because he did not know if his cards were real anymore. He thinks he blow a bunch of money away.

triplehattrick2 11-02-2012 03:59 PM

A good buddy of mine is the owner of the card. Its real!

bazinga 11-02-2012 04:00 PM

i think what jack is sayin is UD put a fake patch in it,,,

Jackg1980 11-02-2012 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=bazinga;3579732]i think what jack is sayin is UD put a fake patch in it,,,[/QUOTE]

DO NOT LIE! DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I will not put up with this immature BS.

bazinga 11-02-2012 04:07 PM

it seems like card companies buy fake jersey and i was agreeing!

time to take a deep breath and slowly back up from the keyboard.

1.) It is known now that Topps, UD and Panini purchase and used fake game worn jerseys in their cards. So even if its untampered with it still can be fake.

Bigbadbloom 11-02-2012 04:18 PM

and the tension mounts....................

bazinga 11-02-2012 04:19 PM

takes 2 to tango,, ill let the rage fester in just 1 guy over nothing,,,, maybe a bad day just resulted in an explosive post????!?!??!?!

Jackg1980 11-02-2012 04:20 PM

How about this, I will just drop it, but I was not saying UD put a fake patch in that card.

bazinga 11-02-2012 04:20 PM

sounds good man,,, misunderstood no need to go bonkers yo

Bigbadbloom 11-02-2012 04:21 PM

I think it is real, there is a keyshawn johnson jets logo patch card further down in this sub-forum that I believe is fake, but people have seen this pulled and/or know the owner. It is a pretty sweet card and percey has been killing it.

rangerfan19 11-02-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I am convinced it is real, but it seems the seller and I have come to an impasse. We are close, but my budget is tight nowadays.

As for the comments from jackg, I appreciate your opionion and do understand that the companies may be using unauthentic jerseys, but all I care about is how the card comes out of the pack. Because of the saturation of event worn, game used, non game used, whatever memorabilia pieces they put in the card I really don't care about where it comes from as it really doesn't give me a "connection to the player" which was the original intention of game used cards. I just want to make sure the card is UNALTERED FROM ITS ORIGINAL STATE. As long as I can guarentee that than the uniqueness and visual appeal of the patches is what attracts me to certain cards.

Again, thank you all for the input!

freeman2jackson 11-02-2012 04:30 PM

Take your money and purchase a nice RARE rookie autograph of him instead.