Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Giveaway x3!!! Come on in!!!!!

I was lucky enough to have Haiku send me a Jets card for my PC for no reason whatsoever. So first and most importantly. Thank you Haiku for your generosity towards myself and the countless others you have given to.

Next I have 3 cards I am going to give away, but here's the kicker! I am not saying what they are. They are not a Luck auto or anything like that so temper expectations haha, but I want to pay it forward from the generosity that was given to me and reward a few others as well.

I never enter a giveaway unless it had a card for my team, because I don't feel like a card should be given to someone who might not like that team while someone else would appreciate it that much more. So here are the rules.

There are 3 cards: They might be all autos, all jerseys or a mixture. Each card could also be from the same team! So just because someone might have already posted a story about a team don't think you are out of it!

3 Prizes are available and 3 winners will be picked on Saturday evening! Winners will be notified via PM

Must have 100% feedback(nothing under 5 reviews)
Must give a story of why/how they became a fan of their favorite team.

That's it! Simple and to the point. The mystery will help keep this contest honest and reward a fan with a small gift!

1 post per member.

Now lets get to those stories!

Here is my story.

My dad tried raising me as an Eagles fan, but I felt like it was more fun to root against him. They were playing the Jets one day and at the time the Jets QB was Boomer Esiason. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world for a person to have the name Boomer. SO every week after that I would ask my dad when Boomer was playing and slowly became more of a Jets fan every week.
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm a Bears fan and I have been all
My life. My dad grew up a huge bears fan and being from Chicago I enjoyed watching the games with him. With his job he would always get free tickets first row on the 50 yard line so we would go to a few games together every season and it was one of my favorite things to do. One of the earliest stories I remember about the bears and watching them with my dad is I remember watching a game on Christmas between the bears and I think Vikings, and we hit one of the Vikings players to the ground and one of the bears players helped him up. This made my dad go nuts and say don't help up the other team! Your supposed to hit him to the ground! That sparked an argument between him and my mom
With her saying he was a jerk and not to teach me that kind of things! Well needless to say, I grew up being basically the enforcer on all of my soccer teams and I have that moment to thank for it lol.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im a packers fan and always will be. My dad was in his childhood when the packers were a dynasty in the 60's. He used to attend games at county stadium even when the packers were terrible. When i was young i used to go to packer games with him as we had season tickets. My first game was favre vs marino in 97 i believe. Football in green bay and wisconsin isnt just a sport but more of a religion. Since then i have been to over 100 packers game in the best stadium in the league. We always seem to land superstar quarterbacks too so that is why/how i became a fan of the greatest nfl team ever.
nickha2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am a fan of the Eagles and the Bills. Bills because my aunt and uncle had season tix for the longest time and I would always get Bills apparel for xmas when I was young, and my first pro football game i ever saw was the Bills, my feet almost froze but it was awesome.
Eagles because I live in Phoenixville and lived in PA my whole life. Got that home town pride
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Steelers fan. Grew up and spent 26 years in Pittsburgh. When you live there you root for the Steelers. Family and friends are all Steeler fans. Nothing beats being in that city for gameday.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

My dad grew up a Patriots fan. He always talked about how bad the patriots were growing up and would always talk about who he liked growing up. When he talked about John Hannah I looked up some of his cards and that's how I collected John Hannah for a few years. It was cool because that was a good conversation for us to have. Well his passion for the Patriots was relayed to me. I remember watching games with him on Sundays (when they were rarely on - living in ohio I get the crappy browns and bengals). That's basically how it all started. I hope one day I can fly with my dad Foxborough to see the Patriots play. I just think that would be so awesome! Anyways, thanks for the contest man, great gesture!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rtaylor16

im a fan of the colts.colts because they won the super bowl years ago. and theyve been a good team to follow even if they had a sucky season last year. hoping to go to my first game sometime in the next year.
rtaylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

When I was growing up I was always a fan of NFL but never had a specific team that I cheered for. I would always go watch football with my grandparents on sundays but I refused to be a fan of the teams they cheer for (Dallas, Washington). The only other close team is the Steelers and I never was a big fan of them either. Luckily in 1993 the NFL announced that Charlotte was awarded an expansion team. Once that team was announced as the Panthers, I immediately became a fan. I have been a avid Panthers fan since day 1. I still have my Kerry Collins & Tim Biakabutuka jerseys . Since they have become a team I have been to over 25 games (home and away) and been to training camp twice. Even through the tough times (unfortunately there has been plenty) I have stuck by my team.

GO PANTHERS!!

Awesome contest!! Thanks!!
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

A Steelers Fan's Passion: Bleeding Black and Gold Is All I've Ever Known | Bleacher Report

Wrote that when B/R was doing their analyst for a season contest. Still holds true.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Im a Dolphins fan as they drafted Pat White i dont have a childhood story or anything like that as where i came from you didnt get to collect cards. After the whole pat white thing i started watching the dolphins and keeping up with the rookies and veterens as i think the dolphins have the sickest patches. I guess you could say i like the dolphins cause they are ALWAYS the underdog and always have nice cards. Great contest and gd luck everyone
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm a Jets fan like you. My father raised me as a diehard Jets fan, as my signature says. I just couldn't root for anyone else, he wouldn't let me That's really all there is to my story, thanks for the contest!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Bengals.

I used to be a Browns fan, growing up in Cleveland. However, that team left town. I tried to like the new team when they came back, but I was also living in Cincinnati going to college. I couldn't stomach the new Browns, so I started liking the Bengals. They're my team.

Thanks for the contest.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

My dad wasn't a Lions fan (from NY) so I never really rooted for them as a kid, kinda bounced around the big teams when I was just a little kid (cowboys, niners, etc.).

Then I was at the HOF the year before the Panthers came into the league and thought that they had a really cool logo (I was like 7 at the time) so I got a Panthers mini helmet. Then they beat the Jags in the HOF game that first year so I liked them a little more and rooted for them that first season.

Then they went out and drafted my favorite college player, Tim Biakabutuka (I grew up a Michigan fan), and I've been hooked ever since. My authentic Biakabutuka jersey is still the jersey that I wear for week 1 every season.

15+ years later and I'm as die hard a Panthers fan as they come
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sounds fun.

I have been a Die Hard NY Giants Fan, since I played Little League Football for a team called the Geneva Giants. That same year I watched Phil Simms lead the real NY Giants to a Super Bowl victory over the Broncos. I've been hooked ever since.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

I am a CLEVELAND BROWNS fan. I grew up in Cleveland for some reason my Dad Liked the Bengals and my Grandma loved the Steelers so it was me and my older brother against the grown ups. We use to get tickets in the Dawg Pound (bleachers) at the Old Cleveland Browns Municiple Stadium and it was Awesome never really minded the cold (and trust me some times it got really cold) and the hard wooden benches as long as we got to see the Browns play. We were pretty young I was like 10 and my brother was 13 we would catch the RTA by ourselves and spend the day downtown. Man I really miss those days there is no way a couple of kids with little money would ever be able to do that now or be able to go downtown to a game by thereselves. Anyway I was brought up a Browns fan and will always be one. GOOOOOO BROWNS!!!!! BTW The Ravens are going down Sunday :-)

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Dallas Cowboys

I became a fan of the Cowboys in the 90's and since then I just keeped on liking them.

Dallas Cowboys fan Good or Bad!
mustangjj909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Seattle Seahawks.

I enjoyed football but didn't really have a favorite team, just players. My dad has always been a Seahawks fan and he seemed excited when they drafted Aaron Curry. I started to watch the Seahawks games with him and always hoped that the next game would be his breakout game. Since my dad spoke so highly of him and he was cheap, I decided to collect him. Unfortunately, Curry never really broke onto the scene like we expected, but he DID have a #1 Fan Contest on his twitter. I turned in a picture of my card collection and I. We won and Aaron gave us 3rd row tickets and VIP postgame passes and we flew out from South Dakota for the game. It was the best experience ever and we got to meet the man himself and talk to him for almost an hour postgame. Even though he's been traded to the Raiders since, something about the Seahawks grew on me. It must have been that I couldn't even talk to my dad right next to me, because it was so loud. We're now BOTH die-hard Hawk fans and watch all the games together!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Chiefs fan here......

Closest team to home, and enjoy going to the games. This year I purchased season tix for the first time.......what a great year! My son went to the training camp this year and was even yelling boo broncos while the players were running drills.

Thanks!
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5, #49 CYRUS GRAY RED AUTO /5 , #102 TAMBA HALI RED /25 & ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'12 TURKEY RED SP'S = LUCK (PASSING POSE) & DOUG MARTIN (CATCHING BALL & TREES IN BACKGROUND)
Bucket - http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/Earlsnake07/
Earlsnake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Eagles fan here

Grew up in MD/VA but my father is from Philadelphia along with all his family (for the most part) and has been a die hard Phillies, Eagles, 76ers, Flyers fan for life. I just took his habits of being an Eagles fan since I was 4-5, never cared for the Redskins and never will.

*FYI for those who wonder why I PC Bernard Pierce, he went to Temple University, a school in Philadelphia.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks for the fun contest. I like all of the stories so far.

I grew up an Oilers fan because my Mom was a die-hard Oilers fan and my Dad wasn't into football. I continued my Luv Ya Blue obsession until Bud "Backstabber" Adams moved them to Tennessee after the 1996 season. After that I didn't really have a team until I heard the news of Houston getting a new franchise starting in 2002. I became a Texans fan before they even had a name or stadium. I have watched every game since they beat the Cowboys in their first game. I have only had the pleasure of attending one game as a fan. But, I worked at Reliant Stadium for a few years and got to attend every home game. The pay wasn't great but being able to walk on the field and put up the banners on the pads around the field was great. I keep trying to get my daughters, 4 and 6, to watch games with me but they aren't there yet. Damn you princesses and horses, LOL. They will come around one day though. GO TEXANS!
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Lions fan ever since I first watched sports going on 28 years of watching. Saw the average times and the greatness of Barry Sanders wasted on a team never capable of putting it all together. The 0-16 was one of my most heart breaking seasons. At least I have realistic playoff expectations now.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

I am a Hawks fan, one of my earliest memories was my mother watching the Hawks every Sunday. Now my mother is a very quite, proper woman. She never raises her voice, or get emotional. This was back in the early to mid 80's, when we had some decent teams.

But on Sunday's, I clearly remember and still can hear her yelling "SACK THE QUARTERBACK, SACK THE QUARTERBACK" on EVERY defense play for the Hawks. It was how I started to learn football, and Sunday was the one day I could yell and not get yelled at! It was the one time we would truely bond and understand each other.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Thanks for the contest. I'm a New Orleans Saints fan (even in the days before Brees) simply b/c i'm from Louisiana (Baton Rouge) and have lived here my entire life.

Main PC Guys: Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Brandin Cooks, Khiry Robinson, Kenny Stills, Kenny Vaccaro, Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, Jeremy Hill
97S281_27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm a Raiders fan that lives in Delaware. How does that happen??

Well my Dad grew up a Baltimore Colts fan and when the Mayflower trucks came in the middle of the night to steal a beloved franchise and take them away to Indianapolis of all places he had to a pick a new team. Since he grew up disliking the local Skins and Eagles he decided to pick the Raiders since he loved the "bad boy" image of Ken Stabler, Freddy B and Jack Tatum of the dominant 70's teams. I have to explain this to every person who looks at me like I have two heads whenever I wear my Rich Gannon (fellow University of Delaware graduate!!!) jersey!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Giants -

I was watching my first NFL game, and it was the giants. I just grew to love them ever since...

EDIT - I don't have 100% sorry
ttmtrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote