Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Nick Saban to Chiefs or Browns (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/392413-nick-saban-chiefs-browns.html)

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 11:41 AM

Nick Saban to Chiefs or Browns

Let's say Saban wins another National Championship and wants to leave college to return to the NFL.

Chiefs - could easily have a coaching opening, will have a Top Pick if he wants another QB or draft AJ Mcarron in 2014, nice defensive pieces at all 3 levels ( Tamba, DJ, Berry ), potential for great running game....poor poor mans San Fran, just what Saban wants to do.

Browns - new owner could mean new staff, reunite with the Browns, reunite with Trich, decent QB but will have a top pick, don't know much about their DEF besides Haden is good.

Fans of those teams ( if there are any out there ) what do you think?

Josh611 11-02-2012 11:45 AM

He will not be going to the pros

He needs to stay in college

IowaCubs1 11-02-2012 11:46 AM

As a chiefs fan, waiting til 2014 for a QB??? And McCarron??? No thank you.

We need a QB now and the best available in this class. Barkley.

bdubs3316 11-02-2012 11:52 AM

i'd say he stays put....he tried the pros, and came back to college. he has it too good to leave now.

he's not like Carrol, jumping ship before the sanctions hit :D ;) :devil:

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Josh611;3578397]He will not be going to the pros

He needs to stay in college[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet he's back in the NFL within 5 years.

jlzinck 11-02-2012 11:57 AM

Don't see it unless there is some "USC" Type scandal.

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=IowaCubs1;3578405]As a chiefs fan, waiting til 2014 for a QB??? And McCarron??? No thank you.

We need a QB now and the best available in this class. Barkley.[/QUOTE]

Well if he doesn't like anyone in 2013 I could see him waiting a year, 2013 class is unimpressive so far and he would have a guy that knows how to run his system, McCarron will start getting 1st RD pub soon enough.

IowaCubs1 11-02-2012 12:05 PM

mccarron is another system QB. He has a team that can do things all around him. I like Barkley and am a huge KC fan. Drafting Geno would be a joke. Guy is good against bad defenses and looks crazy and when he plays a good defense he gets shelled.

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 12:07 PM

He's conquered college if he wins another championship, he hasn't conquered the NFL, NFL guy at heart, recruiting gets old, he's not the type to coach at BAMA for 10 more years and retire there, if the Dolphins let him sign Drew Brees instead of Culpepper he never goes to BAMA.

I think we'll see Chip Kelly and Saban in the NFL soon.

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=IowaCubs1;3578491]mccarron is another system QB. He has a team that can do things all around him. I like Barkley and am a huge KC fan. Drafting Geno would be a joke. Guy is good against bad defenses and looks crazy and when he plays a good defense he gets shelled.[/QUOTE]

Dont really get the system QB thing for any QB, what is Bsrkley? He's throwing to 2 1st RD WRs and looks average.

Srt42004n 11-02-2012 12:10 PM

Unlike Pete Carroll I see Saban staying in the college ranks for a while...guy has a dynasty developing at Alabama...they love him he is a Hero... why would he even want to leave... KC will suck for a while with no real talent there... He tasted the NFL and it was bitter...like Spurrier... if Redskins signed some real talent instead of trading Champ Baily away for a RB who was hurt and now obsolete...

trixstar 11-02-2012 12:10 PM

I thnk he'd be a fool to ever leave 'Bama

slappybag 11-02-2012 12:12 PM

Never gonna do it...He will never have the control in the pros that he has in college. Who do you want to be Bear Bryant or Romeo Crennel? On a side note, how bad does Ricky Stanzi have to be to not get a shot in that offense? Must be really, really bad.

Srt42004n 11-02-2012 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=Vincesanity;3578517]Dont really get the system QB thing for any QB, what is Bsrkley? He's throwing to 2 1st RD WRs and looks average.[/QUOTE]

Barkley is Just like Palmer, Sanchez, Leinhart... all products of a talented team around them to only fail/not produce HOF careers.. theres still a chance but times ticking...Barkley could end up being drafted to KC but then what you have Matt Cassell getting over paid... I see Jenkins or Tao going to KC

fullmetal 11-02-2012 12:17 PM

An NFL team wouldn't pay him enough.

I could see Auburn offering him $10 million per year. And, I could see Saban packing up and moving down the road.

One slip in T-town and the boosters will be asking for his head. They don't put up with anything. I'm surprised they hired someone who wasn't related, touched or saw Bear. Next in line was a guy who cleaned Bear's pool in the late 70s.

Oilngo 11-02-2012 12:34 PM

Forget both those teams, San Diego will be the big opening this year.

Drdduet 11-02-2012 01:09 PM

Saban not likely to ever go back to the pros--he could come back to LSU (fine by me!!!) or end up at Notre Dame or Michigan in 5-10 years.

Otherwise I thing he'll be happy winning 'ship after 'ship in Alabama.

IowaCubs1 11-02-2012 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=Srt42004n;3578533]Barkley is Just like Palmer, Sanchez, Leinhart... all products of a talented team around them to only fail/not produce HOF careers.. theres still a chance but times ticking...Barkley could end up being drafted to KC but then what you have Matt Cassell getting over paid... I see Jenkins or Tao going to KC[/QUOTE]

Disagree, and the chiefs are showing they are drafting a QB by benching Cassel.

CUHATIN 11-02-2012 01:54 PM

hes a king in college but a chump in the pros (IMO)

He stays

jaywu23 11-02-2012 01:57 PM

Saban would not work out in KC. Plus if we do get the #1 pick we will blow it on a no name that will be in the league for 5 years and done.

The 1983 Draft ring a bell for any of you. The likes of Jim Kelly, John Elway, Dan Marino!! But the Chiefs take Todd Blackledge who never started a full season with the Chiefs.

If we do draft Barkley it would be stupid. Name one recent USC quarterback that has won recently in the NFL.

tajikey 11-02-2012 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=Vincesanity;3578498]He's conquered college if he wins another championship, he hasn't conquered the NFL, NFL guy at heart, recruiting gets old, he's not the type to coach at BAMA for 10 more years and retire there, if the Dolphins let him sign Drew Brees instead of Culpepper he never goes to BAMA.

I think we'll see Chip Kelly and Saban in the NFL soon.[/QUOTE]

Chip Kelly, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer are all college coaches, and would be failures at a higher level, IMO.

[QUOTE=Vincesanity;3578517]Dont really get the system QB thing for any QB, what is Bsrkley? He's throwing to 2 1st RD WRs and looks average.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this statement. When Barkley is good, his stat line is 190 yards and 6 touchdowns. He can throw the short pass with minimal YAC (red zone?), but can't throw a deep ball to save his life, apparently.

49erFan 11-02-2012 04:06 PM

I don't think he leaves Bama anytime soon, especially for a team that's changed ownership and one without a QB. He left the Dolphins in the cold to go back to winning, so the only way he comes back to the NFL is if a top head coach dies and that team decides to call him.

Vincesanity 11-02-2012 04:07 PM

NFL teams are asking Chip Kelly for advice on offense, he had agreed to the Bucs job before Phil Knight stepped in. Nick Saban is an NFL guy at heart, shouldn't judge him on his 8 month stint in MIA, most probably don't remember him in the 80s with the Browns.

theautographkid 11-02-2012 04:10 PM

Saban, won't go to the NFL. If he did, I wouldn't mind him being on the Browns

oldgoldy97 11-02-2012 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=Vincesanity;3579763]NFL teams are asking Chip Kelly for advice on offense, he had agreed to the Bucs job before Phil Knight stepped in. Nick [B]Saban is an NFL guy at heart[/B], shouldn't judge him on his 8 month stint in MIA, most probably don't remember him in the 80s with the Browns.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure this?