Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Coach Pagano Post game Speech

Pretty uplifting. #CHUCKSTRONG

Coach Pagano Locker Room Speech: Dolphins
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Colts have really held true to the CHUCKSTRONG mantra. It's really neat to see everyone coming together considering it's a totally different team than last year.

Thanks for sharing.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well that's it, Colts are winning the SB
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

To be honest, I thought this was a touching story 3 weeks ago......now I'm starting to get worn out on it. I get that the dude has cancer and that totally sucks but how many times can you go to the well on that to motivate your team? I know that sounds cynical but I guess I just didn't really need to see CBS or Fox or whoever show the locker room speech he gave to his team.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
To be honest, I thought this was a touching story 3 weeks ago......now I'm starting to get worn out on it. I get that the dude has cancer and that totally sucks but how many times can you go to the well on that to motivate your team? I know that sounds cynical but I guess I just didn't really need to see CBS or Fox or whoever show the locker room speech he gave to his team.
Let me try to explain this from a cancer survivor's perspective: It really isn't about his football team. It is about inspiring others struggling with whatever they are struggling with in life. It is about encouraging those that feel too week to go on (chemo is the most draining thing ever!), to keep fighting. That is why Lance Armstrong is so inspirational even after everything that has happend with doping, etc. Pagano is in the public light and people are going to look up to him. I don't envy him at all. It is very difficult to stay physically and emotionally strong when some days all you want to do is stay in bed. You are never the same person yet people expect you to bounce back and be the old you. I could go on and on about they way you change and the person you become but I think you get the picture. It is about being a survivor no matter the circumstances.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Let me try to explain this from a cancer survivor's perspective: It really isn't about his football team. It is about inspiring others struggling with whatever they are struggling with in life. It is about encouraging those that feel too week to go on (chemo is the most draining thing ever!), to keep fighting. That is why Lance Armstrong is so inspirational even after everything that has happend with doping, etc. Pagano is in the public light and people are going to look up to him. I don't envy him at all. It is very difficult to stay physically and emotionally strong when some days all you want to do is stay in bed. You are never the same person yet people expect you to bounce back and be the old you. I could go on and on about they way you change and the person you become but I think you get the picture. It is about being a survivor no matter the circumstances.
As Louis CK would say....

Of course...
I am all for the inspirational story of Pagano and how that story can inspire other people with cancer to continue the fight of their lives. Cancer is an awful disease and anything we can do to give people hope is worthwhile.

but maybe...

You shouldn't use it as a crutch to get paid professionals, many of them millionaires to play harder week after week. It's not like this is a mid-major college team making an emotional run through March Madness, this is a pro football team. At some point I start to feel uncomfortable that Pagano's cancer is being used as a motivational ploy to make his team play harder.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
As Louis CK would say....

Of course...
I am all for the inspirational story of Pagano and how that story can inspire other people with cancer to continue the fight of their lives. Cancer is an awful disease and anything we can do to give people hope is worthwhile.

but maybe...

You shouldn't use it as a crutch to get paid professionals, many of them millionaires to play harder week after week. It's not like this is a mid-major college team making an emotional run through March Madness, this is a pro football team. At some point I start to feel uncomfortable that Pagano's cancer is being used as a motivational ploy to make his team play harder.
what kind of rock do you live under? show some respect for Gods sake.
Timmyftblstar54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Profressionals feed off of motivation just like any regular person does. See NO after Katrina, Pats after Kraft's wife died, Lance Armstrong after cancer, etc, etc....It's not a motivational "ploy". It helps bring a young team together. Roughly 35 of the Colts 53 man roster is either rookies or first year Colts. For a lot of them Pagano is their first pro coach. It's not like the whole weeks practice revolves around "winning one for coach". It's just some extra inspiration from a man who is fighting a tough battle right now.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyftblstar54 View Post
what kind of rock do you live under? show some respect for Gods sake.
There is nothing disrespectful about what I said. I wasn't discussing whether cancer is bad (it is) or whether I support Pagano in his battle (I do).

I was merely questioning it being repeatedly exploited by the media. When they beat the Packers, it was one of the main storylines. Which is fine. But does every Colt win now have to revolve around this?

I'm not even questioning the HC using it as a motivator. But does the media need to run this post-game speech during every halftime?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
There is nothing disrespectful about what I said. I wasn't discussing whether cancer is bad (it is) or whether I support Pagano in his battle (I do).

I was merely questioning it being repeatedly exploited by the media. When they beat the Packers, it was one of the main storylines. Which is fine. But does every Colt win now have to revolve around this?

I'm not even questioning the HC using it as a motivator. But does the media need to run this post-game speech during every halftime?
Wow you are something else. Imagine being a cancer patient and seeing this on tv every week. Imagine what kind of courage And hope that would give you. The money that chuckstrong has raised for cancer and has been huge as well. I hope they keep going all year with it, and I guess you will just have to deal with that
Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I love seeing the post game speech and hope its show all year to pi$$ of this disgrace
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote