Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default A Message From Topps: Topps Chrome Football Is Coming

One of the most anticipated products of the year, 2012 Topps Chrome Football, is set to hit shelves next Friday November 9th! This years hobby product promises to be one of the best ever, loaded with on-card autographs, autographed patch cards, dual autographe and triple autographed cards! In addition the uber popular '65 Tall Boys, the iconic '84 design and classic 1957 card have all been chromed and signed on card! Topps Chrome is driven by rookies and this years rookie class have been outstanding, this products subject list is loaded (see attached subject list) and top rookies including RG3, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright and many others have all already hard signed their Chrome cards and they look great!

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner. As a result this years Topps Chrome FB in the hobby will include a higher percentage of redemptions vs. what we typically would like, the following rookies will be signing shortly but will all be redemptions in Topps Chrome Football Dwayne Allen, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Russell Wilson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Matt Kalil

For those collectors receiving a redemption card of these subjects, we have created a special bonus pack for you that you will receive when your autograph is returned. Each redeemed autograph will be accompanied with a 4 card pack of exclusive Topps Chrome Football Blue Wave Refractor Rookie Parallels. There are 110 different rookie cards in all including 10 new subjects that are not found in the base product including Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, K, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson, In addition, we will also randomly insert special autographed Topps Chrome rookie cards of standout Redskins running back Alfred Morris into these packs , these autos are not found in the base Topps Chrome product, late breaking deal allowed us to add to these special redemption packs!

Over the next few days until launch we will be sending out daily emails caputring all the amazing content and hits that will be included in this years Topps Chrome Football! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for more previews of all the amazing content in this years Topps Chrome FB!
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

that's kinda cool. The redemption names seems like they're limited to an extent...with the only real big one being Russell Wilson. Kinda sad, but I would almost like to get a redemption to have a shot at an Alfred Morris in the free pack lol
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

not sure how to feel about this announcement, I like the idea of the extra reward for redemptions but at the same time not sure if the reward should be something that can only be obtained this way.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome. Id gladly take a redemption if it means getting packs of blue waves
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

definitely adds some excitement to redeeming... I for one am really looking forward to the first Josh Gordon rookie...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

for once I must say I'm actually impressed. I love that they are all on card and that they actually thought of something cool if you get a redemption. Would love to get a Josh Gordon. I wish they would have put autos of him too.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/jataman2612/
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1653

It'll be weird seeing scrub redemption cards selling for more than $2 because of the Blue Wave pack bonus. Still, good on ya Topps.
slugger3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

wow these redemptions will sell for a lot more now since the only way to get richardson (stl) and morris will be redemptions.

cool idea.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yesssssss...All my Philly homies made it. Woohoo

PS- Time to do a player draft, certain someone.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kudos to Topps for doing this. I may have to rethink flipping my cases with this news.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Kudos to Topps for doing this. I may have to rethink flipping my cases with this news.
+1
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Very cool idea Topps!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

So no one has an issue when certain redemptions being inflated just to get a blue wave pack?
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

someone just hit a STICKER Auto RC of Pierce in the box break section

so now im really confused
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post

This could be a variation auto. Last years were stickers as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

At least they're trying to improve their redemption program, not bad
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Holy crap! The price of Chrome just went Up!
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

No Urlacher superfractor this year

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dabears1985/a/for-sale
DaBears 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

not all are on card. The article posted says so

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Wow, that is a great idea by Topps, definitely makes it better. Thumbs up for them.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
not all are on card. The article posted says so

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner.
i know all aren't on card, but the article mentions that they are attempting to still get Bernard Pierce to sign oncard, and that they would all be redemptions...........but then i see a sticker Auto of his

now, someone mentioned, it may be a variation Auto, but i thought those were refractors
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
i know all aren't on card, but the article mentions that they are attempting to still get Bernard Pierce to sign oncard, and that they would all be redemptions...........but then i see a sticker Auto of his

now, someone mentioned, it may be a variation Auto, but i thought those were refractors
I said this in the other thread too, my guess it that they used up the stickers they had so that there would be some live autos, and the rest will be on card.

Confusing? Yes, but at least they got some live autos out.

BTW, get ready for Bernard Pierce Redemptions being 20 bucks a piece now with this announcement. Would NOT be surprised to see this hit 1500 a case at release if they really didn't increase production.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

it doesn't say theyare trying to get him to sign on card, it just says they trying to get him to actually sign because some players couldn't sign in a timely manner. I really hope they get them all the remaining ones on card though, it made a huge difference in the look last year

And yes, the variations are the refractors as far as I know
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
One of the most anticipated products of the year, 2012 Topps Chrome Football, is set to hit shelves next Friday November 9th! This years hobby product promises to be one of the best ever, loaded with on-card autographs, autographed patch cards, dual autographe and triple autographed cards! In addition the uber popular '65 Tall Boys, the iconic '84 design and classic 1957 card have all been chromed and signed on card! Topps Chrome is driven by rookies and this years rookie class have been outstanding, this products subject list is loaded (see attached subject list) and top rookies including RG3, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright and many others have all already hard signed their Chrome cards and they look great!

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner. As a result this years Topps Chrome FB in the hobby will include a higher percentage of redemptions vs. what we typically would like, the following rookies will be signing shortly but will all be redemptions in Topps Chrome Football Dwayne Allen, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Russell Wilson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Matt Kalil

For those collectors receiving a redemption card of these subjects, we have created a special bonus pack for you that you will receive when your autograph is returned. Each redeemed autograph will be accompanied with a 4 card pack of exclusive Topps Chrome Football Blue Wave Refractor Rookie Parallels. There are 110 different rookie cards in all including 10 new subjects that are not found in the base product including Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, K, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson, In addition, we will also randomly insert special autographed Topps Chrome rookie cards of standout Redskins running back Alfred Morris into these packs , these autos are not found in the base Topps Chrome product, late breaking deal allowed us to add to these special redemption packs!

Over the next few days until launch we will be sending out daily emails caputring all the amazing content and hits that will be included in this years Topps Chrome Football! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for more previews of all the amazing content in this years Topps Chrome FB!
?????

ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote