Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
 
blowoutcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,254
Default A Message From Topps: Topps Chrome Football Is Coming

One of the most anticipated products of the year, 2012 Topps Chrome Football, is set to hit shelves next Friday November 9th! This years hobby product promises to be one of the best ever, loaded with on-card autographs, autographed patch cards, dual autographe and triple autographed cards! In addition the uber popular '65 Tall Boys, the iconic '84 design and classic 1957 card have all been chromed and signed on card! Topps Chrome is driven by rookies and this years rookie class have been outstanding, this products subject list is loaded (see attached subject list) and top rookies including RG3, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright and many others have all already hard signed their Chrome cards and they look great!

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner. As a result this years Topps Chrome FB in the hobby will include a higher percentage of redemptions vs. what we typically would like, the following rookies will be signing shortly but will all be redemptions in Topps Chrome Football Dwayne Allen, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Russell Wilson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Matt Kalil

For those collectors receiving a redemption card of these subjects, we have created a special bonus pack for you that you will receive when your autograph is returned. Each redeemed autograph will be accompanied with a 4 card pack of exclusive Topps Chrome Football Blue Wave Refractor Rookie Parallels. There are 110 different rookie cards in all including 10 new subjects that are not found in the base product including Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, K, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson, In addition, we will also randomly insert special autographed Topps Chrome rookie cards of standout Redskins running back Alfred Morris into these packs , these autos are not found in the base Topps Chrome product, late breaking deal allowed us to add to these special redemption packs!

Over the next few days until launch we will be sending out daily emails caputring all the amazing content and hits that will be included in this years Topps Chrome Football! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for more previews of all the amazing content in this years Topps Chrome FB!
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 3,870
Default

that's kinda cool. The redemption names seems like they're limited to an extent...with the only real big one being Russell Wilson. Kinda sad, but I would almost like to get a redemption to have a shot at an Alfred Morris in the free pack lol
__________________
My PC Needs: Eagles!! (McCoy, Foles) Mariners!!(Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager for daughters)
http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/Devi8or/
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/devi8or/a/football-autos
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,058
Default

not sure how to feel about this announcement, I like the idea of the extra reward for redemptions but at the same time not sure if the reward should be something that can only be obtained this way.
__________________
Follow me on twitter @bigtrix36
I PC Da Bears, Seahawks, Mariners, Pirates
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/trixstar
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Awesome. Id gladly take a redemption if it means getting packs of blue waves
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,440
Default

definitely adds some excitement to redeeming... I for one am really looking forward to the first Josh Gordon rookie...
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,008
Default

for once I must say I'm actually impressed. I love that they are all on card and that they actually thought of something cool if you get a redemption. Would love to get a Josh Gordon. I wish they would have put autos of him too.
__________________
Always looking for Cleveland sports memorabilia
2004 graduate of BGSU- 2013 MAC Champions!!

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/jataman2612/
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1653
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 1,735
Default

It'll be weird seeing scrub redemption cards selling for more than $2 because of the Blue Wave pack bonus. Still, good on ya Topps.
slugger3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
saintsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,373
Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default

wow these redemptions will sell for a lot more now since the only way to get richardson (stl) and morris will be redemptions.

cool idea.
__________________
Bucket: http://s749.photobucket.com/home/saintsfan20/allalbums
I only ship to US (Canada for some members)
When I post a price, I will not respond to "PM me your best price" or if I "can do any better." If you want a better price, please counter-offer.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,489
Default

Yesssssss...All my Philly homies made it. Woohoo

PS- Time to do a player draft, certain someone.
__________________
Check out my mis/underpriced COMC account; My laziness is your gain! Over 2000 items, all 4 sports.
- **Now running a 35% off sale**.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,421
Default

Kudos to Topps for doing this. I may have to rethink flipping my cases with this news.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Kudos to Topps for doing this. I may have to rethink flipping my cases with this news.
+1
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,193
Default

Very cool idea Topps!!!
__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,058
Default

So no one has an issue when certain redemptions being inflated just to get a blue wave pack?
__________________
Follow me on twitter @bigtrix36
I PC Da Bears, Seahawks, Mariners, Pirates
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/trixstar
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,791
Default

someone just hit a STICKER Auto RC of Pierce in the box break section

so now im really confused
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 3,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
someone just hit a STICKER Auto RC of Pierce in the box break section

so now im really confused

This could be a variation auto. Last years were stickers as well.
__________________
Bring me your Calvin Pryor, Tajh Boyd, Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans autos in Jets unis!'
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 12,587
Default

At least they're trying to improve their redemption program, not bad
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Kodiak10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northwood
Posts: 1,040
Default

Holy crap! The price of Chrome just went Up!
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
DaBears 1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,216
Default

No Urlacher superfractor this year
__________________
For sale:

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dabears1985/a/for-sale
DaBears 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
someone just hit a STICKER Auto RC of Pierce in the box break section

so now im really confused
not all are on card. The article posted says so

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner.
__________________
My PC Needs: Eagles!! (McCoy, Foles) Mariners!!(Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager for daughters)
http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/Devi8or/
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/devi8or/a/football-autos
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Oilngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,964
Default

Wow, that is a great idea by Topps, definitely makes it better. Thumbs up for them.
__________________
Utah Jazz,St. Louis RamsCalifornia Angels
IF WE ARE TRADING, YOU'RE SENDING FIRST.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/Oilngo/
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
not all are on card. The article posted says so

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner.
i know all aren't on card, but the article mentions that they are attempting to still get Bernard Pierce to sign oncard, and that they would all be redemptions...........but then i see a sticker Auto of his

now, someone mentioned, it may be a variation Auto, but i thought those were refractors
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,544
Default

__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
i know all aren't on card, but the article mentions that they are attempting to still get Bernard Pierce to sign oncard, and that they would all be redemptions...........but then i see a sticker Auto of his

now, someone mentioned, it may be a variation Auto, but i thought those were refractors
I said this in the other thread too, my guess it that they used up the stickers they had so that there would be some live autos, and the rest will be on card.

Confusing? Yes, but at least they got some live autos out.

BTW, get ready for Bernard Pierce Redemptions being 20 bucks a piece now with this announcement. Would NOT be surprised to see this hit 1500 a case at release if they really didn't increase production.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,004 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
i know all aren't on card, but the article mentions that they are attempting to still get Bernard Pierce to sign oncard, and that they would all be redemptions...........but then i see a sticker Auto of his

now, someone mentioned, it may be a variation Auto, but i thought those were refractors
it doesn't say theyare trying to get him to sign on card, it just says they trying to get him to actually sign because some players couldn't sign in a timely manner. I really hope they get them all the remaining ones on card though, it made a huge difference in the look last year

And yes, the variations are the refractors as far as I know
__________________
My PC Needs: Eagles!! (McCoy, Foles) Mariners!!(Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager for daughters)
http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/Devi8or/
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/devi8or/a/football-autos
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
One of the most anticipated products of the year, 2012 Topps Chrome Football, is set to hit shelves next Friday November 9th! This years hobby product promises to be one of the best ever, loaded with on-card autographs, autographed patch cards, dual autographe and triple autographed cards! In addition the uber popular '65 Tall Boys, the iconic '84 design and classic 1957 card have all been chromed and signed on card! Topps Chrome is driven by rookies and this years rookie class have been outstanding, this products subject list is loaded (see attached subject list) and top rookies including RG3, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright and many others have all already hard signed their Chrome cards and they look great!

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner. As a result this years Topps Chrome FB in the hobby will include a higher percentage of redemptions vs. what we typically would like, the following rookies will be signing shortly but will all be redemptions in Topps Chrome Football Dwayne Allen, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Russell Wilson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Matt Kalil

For those collectors receiving a redemption card of these subjects, we have created a special bonus pack for you that you will receive when your autograph is returned. Each redeemed autograph will be accompanied with a 4 card pack of exclusive Topps Chrome Football Blue Wave Refractor Rookie Parallels. There are 110 different rookie cards in all including 10 new subjects that are not found in the base product including Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, K, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson, In addition, we will also randomly insert special autographed Topps Chrome rookie cards of standout Redskins running back Alfred Morris into these packs , these autos are not found in the base Topps Chrome product, late breaking deal allowed us to add to these special redemption packs!

Over the next few days until launch we will be sending out daily emails caputring all the amazing content and hits that will be included in this years Topps Chrome Football! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for more previews of all the amazing content in this years Topps Chrome FB!
?????

...........
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.