Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Topps Chrome Case--How many sets??

How many base sets should I expect out of my Topps chrome case(1-220)? Any idea? Would like to pre sell a couple sets if I can expect a certain amount. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think 2 would be safe, might get close to 3. Probably get about 60-70% on the refractor set.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I would be surprised if you got 1 set. With all the inserts, refractors and notoriously bad collation, I wouldn't pre-sell anything.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm hoping for 3 a case, judging by how packs will be this year with the rates of color and such, I'm accounting for 792 base per case. Assuming collation goes normal, that should be 3 sets, and most of the way towards a fourth.

To be safe, 2 per case.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

if your talking about sets w/ the rookies & everything, be ready to refund your sets because the top rookies aren't that easy to come by. my opinion is you'd be lucky to finish 1 set out of a case. I had to buy an absolute "TON" of retail to even get close to a set. platinum was the same way, I opened a case and know for a fact I was missing the Rg3 rookie from the set, I didn't even bother to try the set with the case, but cards were definately missing.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

i would say 2 max

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
if your talking about sets w/ the rookies & everything, be ready to refund your sets because the top rookies aren't that easy to come by. my opinion is you'd be lucky to finish 1 set out of a case. I had to buy an absolute "TON" of retail to even get close to a set. platinum was the same way, I opened a case and know for a fact I was missing the Rg3 rookie from the set, I didn't even bother to try the set with the case, but cards were definately missing.
Doesn't seem that the top rookie base cards are SPed. I opened 3 rack pack boxes and 6 blasters, and I got 3 each of Luck and RGIII, and they were always after/before the same people (Luck is always after Dwayne Allen, RGIII is after Janoris Jenkins and maybe someone else)

Topps Chrome has never SPed the base cards, and don't see it changing now.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

your results are not the same as mine then...... I definately didn't pull them at that rate, I bought quite a bit more than 3 rack pack boxes and 6 blasters......
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

If Topps Chrome Baseball is any indicator, then 3 per case. That was my average, at least. Then again, the only insert set in Chrome Baseball is the die cut, at one per box.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I bought 6 blasters. 1 RG3. But had perfect colation. 164 base cards, zero dupes.
slugger3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
your results are not the same as mine then...... I definately didn't pull them at that rate, I bought quite a bit more than 3 rack pack boxes and 6 blasters......
There are some rookies that I didn't get any of, didn't get any of Blackmon and some other no name rookie (Patroits guy I think, only got an orange)

My point being, Collation in Retail is rarely as good as hobby, and it is unlikely they SPed base cards.

WHen Topps Update hit, some people thought that the Harper might have been SPed because some people wernt hitting any. Turns out in my 4 cases, I pulled 30 of him, while only getting 25 of others.

We notice how many we pull of those two big guys, but don't notice how many rookies we get of say, Melvin Ingram., because we aren't keeping track. I know there is some base I only got 0-1 of, but happened to get 3 of those guys.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

I assumed they were shorter printed because I had a tough time pulling rg3's in platinum? and all the top rookies in this I got less than how I got the top rookies last year.

I layed all my stuff out and put it in order, I had less of all the top guys, luck, rg3, richardson, but I guess it's just bad coalation like you say.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I assumed they were shorter printed because I had a tough time pulling rg3's in platinum? and all the top rookies in this I got less than how I got the top rookies last year.

I layed all my stuff out and put it in order, I had less of all the top guys, luck, rg3, richardson, but I guess it's just bad coalation like you say.
Yep, that's what it is. I busted 2 boxes of Platinum Hobby, got an RGIII and Luck in each of them. Sorry you had bad collation, but sale prices show that they wern't SPed at all.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

i busted a case of 2010 and got 1 set..with not many doubles of alot
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Id be shocked if u got as many as 3, and a bit surprised if u got 2. 1 is my guess.