Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
everything first week is "WAY TOO MUCH"....... this year prices are more on pace to be realistic "REGULAR" prices..... you usually have guys that overspend the first week or so.... but you got the top chrome rookies selling for $10 or less in some cases.... people are going to get screwed unless they have nice high end pulls in a case. watch the response you get after those guys that ordered 10-20 cases logon and talk about it...... same thing with platinum, people were pissed......
Platinum doesnt have the loyalty that Chrome has though.

I've got 3-4 cases coming, I'm not too worried about the decrease in sales, its not like Football can even hold a candle to baseball anyway. It's the only football release I do all year, and my favorite product so i'll enjoy it even if I break even after my deposit
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Platinum doesnt have the loyalty that Chrome has though.

I've got 3-4 cases coming, I'm not too worried about the decrease in sales, its not like Football can even hold a candle to baseball anyway. It's the only football release I do all year, and my favorite product so i'll enjoy it even if I break even after my deposit
first week platinum sales on RG3, Luck etc were all higher than chrome as well if that's any indication..... I will be very interested in your and other peoples breaks to see how it ends up.

it's not really a big deal either way, if you win or lose money, just speaking from my personal experience on the topic.

I was just like WOW..... this is nothing like last year......

I bought $400 woth of chrome retail last year, listed it immediately and doubled my money..... I pretty much broke even this time "IF THAT".
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

So much bickering I love it. All I know is that as if you're looking to make cash it'll be a long dragged out process trying to move each single but its possible, but if you're breaking for fun and you love chrome then it'll be $750-$850 well spent
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

the early retail release is going to kill the low end sales which is where you need to nickel and dime your way to profit. best thing now is to flip the case sealed.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
the early retail release is going to kill the low end sales which is where you need to nickel and dime your way to profit. best thing now is to flip the case sealed.
I agree. I'll open maybe 12 packs or so for fun and I'll be done.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #31 (permalink)

Who really makes any big money anyways in Football? With that being said, Chrome this year will hold its value long term. The nation is in a state of confusion. Just look at the stock market. Nothing is selling well right now.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
That's my plan. $500 profit ($250 per) on two cases without doing anything but driving to the UPS store.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
I think you are right about case busters. Retail is just another item in a long list of fail for case breakers on this product.

Outrageous Chrome price this year.
Free listings flooding Ebay.
Weak NFL sales this year.
So-so draft class.
Friday release - not good for many reasons.
And retail has taken the extra bump in sales price for having your items up early. Griffins and Lucks should have been $15 out the gate on day one. Now they will be well under $10 along with other inserts and color refractors.
Are you serious?

Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin alone make it a great rookie class and then you add in...

Ryan Tannehill
Doug Martin
Trent Richardson
Russell Wilson
Brandon Weeden

It might be the best rookie class card wise in the last decade.
rubendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
That's my plan. $500 profit ($250 per) on two cases without doing anything but driving to the UPS store.
Me too. The question is when to sell. I may wait until it dries up. It's tempting to crack a case, but I have no interest in nickel and diming singles
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubendn View Post
Are you serious?

Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin alone make it a great rookie class and then you add in...

Ryan Tannehill
Doug Martin
Trent Richardson
Russell Wilson
Brandon Weeden

It might be the best rookie class card wise in the last decade.
Yes. It is an average class.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #36 (permalink)

^An Average Class???? This is probably the best class since 2004 Luck, RG3, Baldwin, Richardson, Weeden, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, Blackmon (he might grow into his own once he actually gets a QB), Michael Floyd might get better, Lamichael James too....Stephen Hill is not doing bad. Definitely best class of QB's since 2004. Luck, RG3, and Wilson can bang with Eli, Ben, and Rivers as far as rookie years....no question. This year the NFL is actually interesting because most teams actually have an average or over average QB....Chrome will be fine because of On Card autos on Chrome Cards, that is all.
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #37 (permalink)

Don't forget Foles. Another great potential QB. This is a great class for the hobby IMo
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

I live a stone's throw from Cincinnati and I don't remember seeing Dalton xfractors selling for $30 at any point in time. Not even at shows where price gouging is in effect. If someone listed one and got $30 more power to them. You could buy 3-4 of them today for that.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindo03 View Post
^An Average Class???? This is probably the best class since 2004 Luck, RG3, Baldwin, Richardson, Weeden, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, Blackmon (he might grow into his own once he actually gets a QB), Michael Floyd might get better, Lamichael James too....Stephen Hill is not doing bad. Definitely best class of QB's since 2004. Luck, RG3, and Wilson can bang with Eli, Ben, and Rivers as far as rookie years....no question. This year the NFL is actually interesting because most teams actually have an average or over average QB....Chrome will be fine because of On Card autos on Chrome Cards, that is all.
It is true that James might get better...he could actually be active for a game!

This is the same stuff we said last year. "best class since 04 or 83 with newton, dalton, ponder, gabbert, mallett..."...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #40 (permalink)

2011 draft > 2012 overall
better depth and more potential impact players
we can revisit this in the coming years to compare but that's the way i see it.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 11-08-2012 at 08:42 AM.
BOOMER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #41 (permalink)

I see things a bit differently. Where sellers really get hurt is when everyone gets their cards on the same day and they all hit eBay at once. If retail and hobby both hit on Friday there would be some amazing deals to be had on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night as sellers fight for attention and low ball each other. If anything, early retail helps hobby case breakers. Stores get cleaned out, 1-3 day listings go up, and the retail product is listed and sold by Thursday or Friday just in time for hobby to release. Retail buyers will have already cleaned out their stores so not much re-upping on that front, and there will be more exposure for the hobby product as it starts to hit shops.

I think we forget sometimes that there are many collectors who don't frequent these forums or stalk eBay. They have no clue about early leaks and when to look for product etc. They rely on their card shop to provide them with NEW product, and there will be many new buyers on Friday when they find out that TC is out.

I've got 5 cases coming and I have ZERO concerns about my break.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I live a stone's throw from Cincinnati and I don't remember seeing Dalton xfractors selling for $30 at any point in time. Not even at shows where price gouging is in effect. If someone listed one and got $30 more power to them. You could buy 3-4 of them today for that.
it was me who sold chrome last year at those prices when it first dropped. you wouldn't have seen it at a show, it was on ebay.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Nobody is really realizing/mentioning the fact that superfractors are hobby only.