Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mid Season Awards According to Yahoo

What do you think? Agree or Disagree?

2012 NFL Midseason Awards: Peyton Manning in running for multiple honors - Yahoo! Sports
Timmyftblstar54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Andrew Luck > RG3. Otherwise, the list looks pretty good.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

"Defensive Rookie of the Year – Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers: There are a number of really good defensive players from this draft class, including Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower. However, Kuechly has stepped in and made the Panthers semi-respectable on D."

I 100% agree!!

Kuechly is 3rd in the entire NFL with tackles. Ever since he took over middle linebacker due to Beason's injury the Panthers run defense has been pretty strong.

Last edited by dbrown; 11-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

i personally think dont'a hightower should be defensive rookie of the year the kid is a beast... and i also think that russell wilson isint getting enough credit... the kid is a machine and could take the sehawks somwhere!
cardshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The list looks pretty solid. I never got how someone gets the MVP and not the Top Offensive/Defensive Player award also though.

If Matt Ryan is the Most Valuable Player shouldn't he also be the Top Offensive Player?
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Manning winning comeback player of the year is a complete JOKE!!!!!!

and no, I'm not saying AP should be winning it either, but one of the two of them are guaranteed to win it because of their popularity, but it shouldn't be either, and it shouldn't even be close.

Thomas Davis of the Panthers should be the unanimous winner, and no that's not a homer pick.

He's the first player to ever successfully come back from 3 ACL tears to the same knee, and they all came within a 2 year period and basically missed two straight seasons because of them. Then not only has he come back, but he's a starter and leader on the defense and is playing very well.

Him not winning this is going to be a complete and utter joke
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post

and no, I'm not saying AP should be winning it either, but one of the two of them are guaranteed to win it because of their popularity, but it shouldn't be either, and it shouldn't even be close.

Thomas Davis of the Panthers should be the unanimous winner, and no that's not a homer pick.

He's the first player to ever successfully come back from 3 ACL tears to the same knee, and they all came within a 2 year period and basically missed two straight seasons because of them. Then not only has he come back, but he's a starter and leader on the defense and is playing very well.

Maybe it's the most impressive comeback, but he's not playing as well as either of those guys.
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
"Defensive Rookie of the Year Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers: There are a number of really good defensive players from this draft class, including Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower. However, Kuechly has stepped in and made the Panthers semi-respectable on D."

I 100% agree!!

Kuechly is 3rd in the entire NFL with tackles. Ever since he took over middle linebacker due to Beason's injury the Panthers run defense has been pretty strong.
I don't normally quote my own posts, but I think I deserve to be able to quote this one as I'm not all that far off from being right as of right now.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/3279590-post6.html

Quote:
I really should have bought more of his autos this offseason as in a few weeks they're really going to pick up in value when he's LEADING THE NFL IN TACKLES!!!!

Yea, that's right, I said it, I think Kuechly might lead the NFL in tackles this year.
He's 17 tackles behind the Greenway for the lead, and Greenway hasn't had his bye yet while the Panthers have, and he also only had 5 or less tackles in 3 of the first 4 games as for some crazy reason he wasn't a starter until a few weeks in.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Gotta love the "my way or the highway" way of thinking.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Maybe it's the most impressive comeback, but he's not playing as well as either of those guys.
it shouldn't matter

If he just barely made it back and played 15 snaps a game then it would be one thing, but he not only made it back but is playing at a pretty good level again.

You come back from 3 ACL tears to the same knee in two years and become a starter in the NFL again, that is the definition of comeback player of the year IMO

AP came back from an injury that players come back from all the time, and Peyton, I'll never be convinced that he couldn't have played about half of last season but the Colts wanted Luck so refused to clear him to play
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

No way Bob Griffin wins over Luck. Colts = 5-3 due to Luck and not much else. Its crazy. He would win unanimously if the season ended today.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

As a Panther fan I would not even give the award to TD. Davis has had an amazing year after all of the injuries he has been through. But he hasn't had a year like Peyton or Adrian Peterson has had. Plus Davis isn't a household name like Peterson & Peyton are. Not many people probably even know about all of his leg injuries. Everyone knows what Peyton and Adrian Peterson have gone through and to see them have the years they are having its hard not to give it to one of them.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
As a Panther fan I would not even give the award to TD. Davis has had an amazing year after all of the injuries he has been through. But he hasn't had a year like Peyton or Adrian Peterson has had. Plus Davis isn't a household name like Peterson & Peyton are. Not many people probably even know about all of his leg injuries. Everyone knows what Peyton and Adrian Peterson have gone through and to see them have the years they are having its hard not to give it to one of them.
But the award isn't called "the best player to comeback from an injury"

It's the "comeback player of the year"

When a player comes back from something that no other player in the history of the NFL has ever done, that should stand for something
Old 11-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't normally quote my own posts, but I think I deserve to be able to quote this one as I'm not all that far off from being right as of right now.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/3279590-post6.html

He's 17 tackles behind the Greenway for the lead, and Greenway hasn't had his bye yet while the Panthers have, and he also only had 5 or less tackles in 3 of the first 4 games as for some crazy reason he wasn't a starter until a few weeks in.
He's a beast he's all over the field, i kept up with him throughout college (live in acc country) and knew he had a lot of potential. I think he can pass Greenway and takeover 1st in tackles
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

When a player comes back from something that no other player in the history of the NFL has ever done, that should stand for something
yea i see what your saying, I just think he would get recognition if the Panthers weren't 2-6 and they were 6-2 ya know? I kinda feel like that might have a little to do with it as well
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Here is what the comeback player of the year is awarded for

Quote:
The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.
Peyton and AP both came back in very impressive form, but I don't see how anyone can even argue that either has overcome adversity more than Davis who had been out of the league essentially for 2.5 straight seasons (hurt in game 7 in 2009, hurt in 2010 preseason, and hurt in game 2 last year).

And again, has become the first ever player to come back from his situation, and I think I heard that it wasn't just the NFL, but in any of the four big sports to come back from 3 ACL's on the same knee
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
and Peyton, I'll never be convinced that he couldn't have played about half of last season but the Colts wanted Luck so refused to clear him to play
Seriously? That's your conspiracy theory? I can accept your logic arguing for your guy, but this is ridiculous.

You're saying the guy who had only missed one snap due to injury over 12 years, and had 4 neck surgeries was purposely held out of games just so they could get Luck? Come on man.

If he should win or not is debateable, but there's no way they tanked a season just to get Luck. Sorry, but the Colts have a little more class than that.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

IMO, and this is just my opinion. I am not looking to cause an argument or offend someone! RG3 by far > than Luck. RG3 has been without his top receiver since week 2. He's almost triple the amount of rushing yards, as well as rushing TDs, and a few hundred yards less passing. Colts are 5-3 because of the team, not just A. Luck. Oh, and the season does not end today lol. RG3 numbers will surely continue to rise. He's projected over 800+ rushing yards, 10+ rushing TDs, and 3,000+ passing yards. Those rushing numbers will be better than some RB1s. How is that not a given for Offensive Rookie of the year? I might just be blabing on because he is favorite of mine lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
No way Bob Griffin wins over Luck. Colts = 5-3 due to Luck and not much else. Its crazy. He would win unanimously if the season ended today.
bmatt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Seriously? That's your conspiracy theory? I can accept your logic arguing for your guy, but this is ridiculous.

You're saying the guy who had only missed one snap due to injury over 12 years, and had 4 neck surgeries was purposely held out of games just so they could get Luck? Come on man.

If he should win or not is debateable, but there's no way they tanked a season just to get Luck. Sorry, but the Colts have a little more class than that.
I'm not saying they "tanked" the season just for Luck

But I'm saying that I think he COULD have played, if they hadn't have lost every game for the first half of the season, I think he would have come back to make a playoff push.

But when it was obvious that even with Peyton they weren't going to make it, I think the team wanted to take the safe approach to Manning and not play him at less than 100% to protect him from getting hurt any further.

That Luck would be their prize at the end of it was just a cherry on top and probably only played a very small part of the decision. But had they been in somewhat contention for the playoffs, I think he would have played last year for sure.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not saying they "tanked" the season just for Luck

But I'm saying that I think he COULD have played, if they hadn't have lost every game for the first half of the season, I think he would have come back to make a playoff push.

But when it was obvious that even with Peyton they weren't going to make it, I think the team wanted to take the safe approach to Manning and not play him at less than 100% to protect him from getting hurt any further.

That Luck would be their prize at the end of it was just a cherry on top and probably only played a very small part of the decision. But had they been in somewhat contention for the playoffs, I think he would have played last year for sure.
Ok. Maybe I read it wrong the first time. It makes a little more sense stated this way though I personally don't feel that was the case.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Eli has not been very good this year, to say he was just edged out for MVP is kinda ridiculous
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

Has anyone ever came back from how many neck surgeries did Peyton have? Pretty sure its a hell of a lot scarier coming back from a fused neck than a torn ACL. Has anyone blown their knee the way AP did AND come back with the performance in the amount of time he did? Both of those arguments can be made against whoever this player is you're arguing for.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Has anyone ever came back from how many neck surgeries did Peyton have? Pretty sure its a hell of a lot scarier coming back from a fused neck than a torn ACL. Has anyone blown their knee the way AP did AND come back with the performance in the amount of time he did? Both of those arguments can be made against whoever this player is you're arguing for.
But did either of them have to come back from essentially 2.5 years of non-stop rehabilitation from serious injuries?

Not trying to downplay what they came back from, I just think Davis had more to overcome and a tougher battle than either of them to get back onto the playing field.

Can they make it a 3 player split this year?

I'm not against Manning or AP winning it, but I think Davis should win it as well, if you want to look at it that way
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatt10 View Post
IMO, and this is just my opinion. I am not looking to cause an argument or offend someone! RG3 by far > than Luck. RG3 has been without his top receiver since week 2. He's almost triple the amount of rushing yards, as well as rushing TDs, and a few hundred yards less passing. Colts are 5-3 because of the team, not just A. Luck. Oh, and the season does not end today lol. RG3 numbers will surely continue to rise. He's projected over 800+ rushing yards, 10+ rushing TDs, and 3,000+ passing yards. Those rushing numbers will be better than some RB1s. How is that not a given for Offensive Rookie of the year? I might just be blabing on because he is favorite of mine lol.
You do realize that Luck isn't a running QB right?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
Eli has not been very good this year, to say he was just edged out for MVP is kinda ridiculous
I was waiting for someone to say this. he is not even a top 5 QB now.