Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Superman24742
Default Topps gametime giveaway

Won a Tannehill diecut giveaway card

Pretty sweet hope they ship these soon

Looking for Bengals and Steve Smith(Panthers)
Superman24742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

so you got a "perfect" score this week too? what was your score guess? (I got the Justin Blackmon this week) and before everyone blasts me for cheating, I told topps about this bug twice already.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

What bug? Are people able to cheat the system? Am I wasting my time trying to pick teams legit, and trying to catch up into the top 10.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin2200 View Post
What bug? Are people able to cheat the system? Am I wasting my time trying to pick teams legit, and trying to catch up into the top 10.
Sounds like it. Not happy about it, will keep picking my teams each week, but not counting on winning.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Superman24742

My score guess was way too high, 677

Looking for Bengals and Steve Smith(Panthers)
Superman24742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Sounds like it. Not happy about it, will keep picking my teams each week, but not counting on winning.
That sucks, this was a great concept, I'll keep picking also, but put way less time into it.

Maybe I will just take the top ten teams and random.org for five of them, probably better off that way anyways.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

The bug existed the first 3 weeks of the season (weeks 2 and 3 the same guy got a perfect score) I discovered it week 3 and reported it to topps. If you had picked a later game, you could deselect your late game pick and pick an earlier game right up until the end of that earlier game. In other words, the system didn't lock picks like it should. Suspicious that it might be the case because week 2 was impossible to predict perfectly, I gave it a try after the patriots had scored 52 points week 3 and it actually saved my pick! I didn't try and change any of the others and let them know of my change so that they could look at the database and see the time stamp as proof.

I contacted them on twitter and emailed in my bug report. Week 4 they fixed it and everything was fair for everyone. well, sort of... they never went back and changed the scores for the people who had made late changes the first 3 weeks (Including my 1 team change). But oh well, maybe they weren't storing time stamps and couldn't prove it (it was only 2 weeks worth after all).

Another bug that I also let them know of is that it wasn't decrementing the coins you use (I think at least and I don't think that they fixed this one). I entered over 500 codes so I may just be forgetting what I started with but I didn't push it too much because it just levels the playing field for people who only had enough codes to unlock every team.

It was a nice surprise when they said they would send me something free for my honesty which I didn't expect because I was just trying to level the playing field for everyone. Unfortunately, nothing has shown up but I will update if it ever does. (I was planning on posting a thread with this info and whatever they ended up sending.)

This past week with the time change or the hurricane, something changed and you could change ANY pick up until the kickoff time of the FOLLOWING day. That is why approximately 10 people got a perfect score this week and the tiebreaker came down to who guessed the total points. As soon as I noticed it, I emailed them again but this time didn't hear back. I do think they fixed it already because this weeks games were showing the Thursday game happening on Friday and Sunday games happening on Monday but after emailing, these changed to their correct times.

I personally really enjoy the game, the site looks great and the prizes are awesome, but I think they only have a web developer working on it and no software developer. These bugs are really simple and live leader boards wouldn't be very difficult either (I offered to send my resume over as I am a software developer and would love to work for topps but no reply yet). At the core, it is fun though and it is great that it is a free bonus to the packs. Good luck to everyone going forward.

Last edited by m2cool2go; 11-08-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: subscribed
m2cool2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank You m2cool2go for the info, and your attempt at making it fair.
I do really appreciate you giving all that info.

I'm pretty disgusted, I had the opposite happen to me, a team dropped off one week and I lost out on that teams points. It was Buffalo and they scored like 35 that week.
I noticed it Sunday morning, and tried to add any sunday or monday night team and it would not let me, it said I already had five teams picked.
But I ended up with only four teams scores.