Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
What would you have done in my situation?
nothing you can do except let the process runf. If he pays then you ask that question. he can not leave feedback unless he pays. Obviously the address is invalid so do not worry about it.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
nothing you can do except let the process runf. If he pays then you ask that question. he can not leave feedback unless he pays. Obviously the address is invalid so do not worry about it.
Would you have relisted it now like I did?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Would you have relisted it now like I did?
sure would
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

i feel for you, Ebay is getting out of control. Ive been having alot of unpaids lately. I thought there was a minimum feedback required setting, so new users could not make a bogus account and then screw someone. After checking settings i see there isnt. However, everyone must make restrictions as tight as possible. Everybody make strict buyer requirements! If i file an unpaid and get a negative feedback for it, then its so somebody else doesnt have deal with that buyer down the road.
luckyblack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Wow! how did he get 3 feedback? lol. better call ebay right away!
This is why I try to tell people not to leave immediate feedback as seller... you wait until the buyer leaves you feedback so you know everything went well and the transaction is 100% complete.

Now because 3 sellers left feedback right away, future sellers may unknowingly sell to this guy instead of using the report buyer option ebay put out (though idk where you came up with the guy having 3 feedback, the OP never posted his ebay ID).
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
This is why I try to tell people not to leave immediate feedback as seller... you wait until the buyer leaves you feedback so you know everything went well and the transaction is 100% complete.

Now because 3 sellers left feedback right away, future sellers may unknowingly sell to this guy instead of using the report buyer option ebay put out (though idk where you came up with the guy having 3 feedback, the OP never posted his ebay ID).
All he had to do was search the OP's completed listings and look under the bids for the item and voila.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
lees_collectibles

I called ebay, they told me either

A) I have to cancel the transaction but dont get final value credit(so I lose out on about $10)

B) Wait 4 days to open a case and then 4 days to close it

IN THE MEANTIME, they notify them member (who lives in San Antonio, TX and didnt even leave a real name for paypal on that acct) to update his info to protect him and them.

Dont know what I should do

I did post it. ID is right on top.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

blocked. thx.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #34 (permalink)

I had a similar situation with an RG3 die-cut from platinum. Card ended at $28 and buyer never paid. After waiting out the process the card sold the second time for $15.50. The process helps the seller in no way.
jubjub47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #35 (permalink)

Its sickening how buyer friendly eBay has become. No longer is it 3 strikes and your out. Only buyers can leave a negative. Buyers win nearly every claim, especially if not as described claim. Buyers have all of the protection, sellers have none.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Its sickening how buyer friendly eBay has become. No longer is it 3 strikes and your out. Only buyers can leave a negative. Buyers win nearly every claim, especially if not as described claim. Buyers have all of the protection, sellers have none.
+1 very dangerous to sell on EBAY these days
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #37 (permalink)

It doesnt make sense, you would think they would protect the sellers, that is who makes there money. It is absolutely ridiculous and when you call them out on it, they never have any explanation
broncomanning18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

See, I don't totally agree with you here. I UNDERSTAND what you are saying, and as a seller you have to protect yourself. But from a buyer's standpoint, once payment is made, they have fulfilled their obligation. I truly hate it when I have to hunt down sellers to leave me a BUYERS feedback.

The only reason I can see why someone would wait is so they could leave retaliatory feedback, which is dirtball in my opinion.
Verufian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

Man, I absolutely HATE dealing with die slow.

Never been to loser dr before, but it doesn't sound like a place I want to be, especially at night, that's for sure.
MasterPattie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm a Platinum seller on eBay and I ALWAYS leave feedback right after the item is paid for.

As a Buyer I look to see if feedback was left for me when the item comes in, and only if it was do I leave feedback in return.

I hate when sellers hold feedback hostage, thats why I dont do things that way. As a buyer I won, paid promptly and thats it. My job is over. So why not give me my feedback? What more do you want from me? If there was a problem like it went missing or got damaged thats not my onus as the buyer.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Just curious, but why don't you like that address?
Not sure if serious...
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Not sure if serious...
Lol I know.
I'm a loser
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #43 (permalink)

how could the 3 sellers who left feedback have shipped to that fake address and not noticed? Maybe he changed his address after those 3 sellers left feedback
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Just curious, but why don't you like that address?
(face-palm)
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

When will people learn? .... that if you're going to set up an eBay account with a fake address, that the address should always be 123 Fake Street?

Seriously though ... sorry you're having to deal with this OP.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
See, I don't totally agree with you here. I UNDERSTAND what you are saying, and as a seller you have to protect yourself. But from a buyer's standpoint, once payment is made, they have fulfilled their obligation. I truly hate it when I have to hunt down sellers to leave me a BUYERS feedback.

The only reason I can see why someone would wait is so they could leave retaliatory feedback, which is dirtball in my opinion.
I disagree...what if the buyer, after paying, makes unreasonable requests, says the card was damaged, said they didn't get it, etc. and are being completely dishonest? They don't deserve a positive feedback for being uncooperative just because they paid.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I disagree...what if the buyer, after paying, makes unreasonable requests, says the card was damaged, said they didn't get it, etc. and are being completely dishonest? They don't deserve a positive feedback for being uncooperative just because they paid.
If they say the card was damaged, you ask for a picture. If they wont provide one, you are off the hook and why worry. If they say they didnt get the card, and you didnt use DC. You screwed yourself.

Either way, treating every single buyer as if they were going to do the above (which is what you do when you refuse to leave feedback until they do so) in my opinion is not the way to conduct business. But to each his own.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #48 (permalink)

I always leave feedback when a buyer pays because that makes them happy. However I understand sellers who wait or don't leave feedback at all. Buyer feedback on Ebay is absolutely meaningless since it's positive or nothing. A seller can not retaliate. All a positive is is an atta boy for paying. You could be the worst buyer on the site and still have 100% feedback. Also there extra eedback gains you nothing. there is absolutely no benefit (on Ebay) to having 10,000 feedback vs. 10 feedback from a buyers standpoint.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote