Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   PC question?? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/395360-pc-question.html)

jaka808 11-08-2012 02:13 PM

PC question??

Hey all just wanted to get the input of collectors and super collectors out there. If there is a card/s that you really need for your collection and they aren't really high end, like kind of in the normal selling range of 5-10 but RARELY ever come up, would you overpay by a large amount (>125% above previous sales) just to get the card you want? I've been struggling with this for a while and wanted to know what everyone else thinks.....:confused:

Thanks much

Looking forward to responses

56chev 11-08-2012 02:29 PM

Yes, I would definately. If I am focused, I will definately pay higher prices.

I just bought an 03 Brad Pyatt Skybox LE /99 for 8$ shipped.

That is the kind of card that should fetch $1-$2 but I PC the heck out of Pyatt (went to highschool with him which he is the only person to come out of my HS to go pro that I know of, in FB at least)

jaka808 11-08-2012 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=56chev;3609165]Yes, I would definately. If I am focused, I will definately pay higher prices.

I just bought an 03 Brad Pyatt Skybox LE /99 for 8$ shipped.

That is the kind of card that should fetch $1-$2 but I PC the heck out of Pyatt (went to highschool with him which he is the only person to come out of my HS to go pro that I know of, in FB at least)[/QUOTE]

I can see doing that....i just cringe though spending 20 for a card that should only be going for like 7. i just wish more would pop up every once in a while haha

MrMasterpiece 11-08-2012 03:48 PM

Yeah you have to overpay sometimes. But keep in mind. Overpaying for some things can keep you from getting other things you need in the future. Depending on your bank roll. Ive made big purchases and then not had the cash to get something else i saw go for a good price. Only to see it pop back up for an insane price and just have me wishing i had the cash to get it the first time. IT SUCKS.

FreeMan12406 11-08-2012 03:51 PM

Yeah sometimes you gotta overpay for the cards that don't surface much.

Nature of the beast.

roc21 11-08-2012 03:56 PM

yea, especially since your only talking a $5-$10 card... its not like your paying a few hundred more than you should... whats $10 extra bucks when it comes to something you really want..even more so since you say its not ever available....you'll quickly forget about the few extra bucks compared to the lingering thought of "i should have bought it" if you dont.

ballahollic2 11-08-2012 04:03 PM

If it is a rare PC pickup I always say you have to do whatever it takes to get it. I would say to pull the trigger but that is just my opinion!

jaka808 11-08-2012 04:14 PM

Hehe thanks all. gives me a bunch to think about. mrmasterpierce you are right though, hope something really nice doesn't pop up when the funds are low

Bucklion 11-08-2012 04:17 PM

I go by scarcity with my Maynard collection. If a card is numbered to 50 or less, I'll usually pounce. More than that and I won't overpay, because eventually another one will pop up. If it is 10 or less, I usually will pay a decent premium if necessary.

jaka808 11-08-2012 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Bucklion;3609635]I go by scarcity with my Maynard collection. If a card is numbered to 50 or less, I'll usually pounce. More than that and I won't overpay, because eventually another one will pop up. If it is 10 or less, I usually will pay a decent premium if necessary.[/QUOTE]

hehe this one is right at the edge /49 and the other i'm not sure of the numbering but its a prestige draft day variation auto from this year

Bucklion 11-08-2012 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=jaka808;3609661]hehe this one is right at the edge /49 and the other i'm not sure of the numbering but its a prestige draft day variation auto from this year[/QUOTE]

If they are variations sometimes it is hard to find them, at least in my experience. Up to you, of course, but an /49 that is a variation will likely not be the easiest card to find again.