Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Morris Claiborne Over rated?

Well were over halfway through the NFL season and I wanna get your guys thoughts on how Morris Claiborne has handled himself and how he is playing. This is just my personal thoughts on him. I think him missing training camp and preseason really hurt him. He is not a very fast Cornerback he has been clocked at 4.47 and 4.52. I think all of the Elite CB's have Elite speed. I know that was one of the knocks on him coming out of college is his speed. What made Claiborne good in college is he is very good at the line jamming recievers and he has great closing speed on the ball. He has long arms and he plays with technique he is a technician at the position at least in college he was. I think if you play with great technique and know what your doing out there and can read the QB's eyes and knows how to read defenses that will make up for his mediocre speed. At times he has looked lost out there playing in the NFL. The past couple of games he has played have been absolutley horrendous. The cowboys gave up 100 yards to 3 different WR's VS. atlanta. Claiborne and scandrick both have been getting destroyed. Brandon Carr has been playing decentley although he didnt have his best game agaisnt the bears and baltimore Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin ate Carr for dinner. Today's game Claiborne had 5 penaltys thats the most by any CB in one game. Although he did have some good key tackles this game. He did play very well in both games against the giants I think. I think Claiborne has been sliding down hill so far lets hope he can correct his technique and turn it around. Lucky for us we have a great DC on CB coach so hopefully he will learn. I think Claiborne will be a good CB but I do not think he will be Elite. He will be a little bit better then Terrance Newman was in his prime but thats about it. Thats just my opinion so far so please dont hate on me for sharing my opinion. Your thoughts?
dallasfan671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do your knees hurt from how hard you jerked them?
Andrew Luck
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not a 'Boys fan, so I don't see as much of him as many of you, but here is my not-that-educated thoughts:

He is a very talented DB and I think will eventually be a top 5/10 in the league, but he is a rook and has a lot to learn. I also think that he isn't to bright, the penalties show that and so did his wonderlic

That is all.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

this thread is a joke. Can't wait to bump it a year from now when he is a top 10 CB.
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

He has looked rough in multiple games this year and has been caught being beat on routes and holding receivers. So I am Very pleased how the draft ended up and that my Bucs drafted Safety Mark Barron from Alabama as the Cowboys drafted Claiborne on the pick they traded up in front of Tampa to grab.
I think Tampa ended up with the better of the 2 draft picks as of this time of the season
Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
this thread is a joke. Can't wait to bump it a year from now when he is a top 10 CB.
I hope your right man I really do. I know my football and I am a die hard cowboys fan. So I do know what im talking about but I am obviosley know NFL scout so lets hope our scouts are right. This was just my opinion so far im sure im gonna get alot of haters on this from sharing my opinion but it is what it is. I hope claiborne can be a top 5 CB someday so will see.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Do your knees hurt from how hard you jerked them?
What are you talking about?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can see him having a Dangelo Hall-type career. A few great seasons, but nowhere near along the levels of a Revis or or Patrick Peterson
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I can see him having a Dangelo Hall-type career. A few great seasons, but nowhere near along the levels of a Revis or or Patrick Peterson
And yet Peterson was god awful defensively last year...

Hence why this thread is about 3 years too early.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasfan671 View Post
What are you talking about?
9 games into a CB's career and you're already concerned he won't be good. Slow down.

CB is one of the hardest positions to break into the league and be successful at, period.

And no Patrick Peterson isn't an elite CB, Hell Revis has looked pretty ordinary the last couple seasons. With the rules constantly changing and favoring the Offense, the Shut-Down CB is probably going to go away.
Andrew Luck
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

He is a rookie and playing in Dallas. He will be just fine.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

He looked like garbage tonight.... almost back to back to back Pass Int, Pass Int, Holding and one was when Dallas had an INT on the OPPOSITE side of the field.... idk but if he wants to even be top 20, improvement needs to happen.

Also Collecting: Yordano Ventura Autos, Color!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I get him and Chris Claiborne confused.
55_marlins_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

i think he has done good for a rookie. we cant expect him to play like a elite Cb rite away but i think he will fine hes just a rookie
romo2austin2dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
And yet Peterson was god awful defensively last year...
Hence why this thread is about 3 years too early.
I agree, he has looked better as defender than Peterson did his rookie season. As a rookie CB he is going to have games like this and I am not wooried about his development at this point. He needs to continue to play with good technique and confidence (two things he struggled with this week). He did an outstanding job of coming up and making stops in the running game and on short passes.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Dude, like everyone else has said, he is a rookie! You can't expect a rookie CB to come in and dominate, especially in this day where they offense get's all the breaks. Take a breather, we won, and he will get better.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
I agree, he has looked better as defender than Peterson did his rookie season. As a rookie CB he is going to have games like this and I am not wooried about his development at this point. He needs to continue to play with good technique and confidence (two things he struggled with this week). He did an outstanding job of coming up and making stops in the running game and on short passes.
I commend Mo for going up to make tackles, hes not afraid to do it and is pretty good at it. That was one thing Newman really struggled with towards the end.
Andrew Luck
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarlson33 View Post
He has looked rough in multiple games this year and has been caught being beat on routes and holding receivers. So I am Very pleased how the draft ended up and that my Bucs drafted Safety Mark Barron from Alabama as the Cowboys drafted Claiborne on the pick they traded up in front of Tampa to grab.
I think Tampa ended up with the better of the 2 draft picks as of this time of the season
IMO, playing CB as a rookie is harder than playing S, but Barron has been good so far.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

As others have said--way too early to tell. NFL CB's take a while to develop--every single one of them, that are now considered great, had their tough times.

I sometimes think it's easier to play QB than CB in the NFL.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote