Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Postal Service OUCH

Postal Service announces a record $16 billion loss in fiscal 2012 - Management - GovExec.com
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

lies....... lies, and more lies.......... the business model of the operation makes money, the only way they could be in the hole like that is if someone stole money from them.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

With the explosion of internet sales and most major companies having an online presence, this makes absolutely no sense. I don't buy it for a second.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is true. The reason the post office constantly loses money is because their retirement benefits are ridiculously cushy, most (not all) of their employees are stereotypical unmotivated government employees who can't be fired, and they have no profit motive as a "company" because they are a government agency.

That's why public companies like FedEx and UPS are stealing market share--those companies HAVE TO make money to survive. The Post Office just asks for more money from the government, which in turn asks for more money from tax payers. Thanks a lot Obama!
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well when postmaster generals make 6 figures and retired mailmen have outrageous pensions this is what happens.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
lies....... lies, and more lies.......... the business model of the operation makes money, the only way they could be in the hole like that is if someone stole money from them.
I'm not buying what you're selling.

It is the government, they lose money. It's what they do. These types of things are why we are owned by Asia.
56chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
This is true. The reason the post office constantly loses money is because their retirement benefits are ridiculously cushy, most (not all) of their employees are stereotypical unmotivated government employees who can't be fired, and they have no profit motive as a "company" because they are a government agency.

That's why public companies like FedEx and UPS are stealing market share--those companies HAVE TO make money to survive. The Post Office just asks for more money from the government, which in turn asks for more money from tax payers. Thanks a lot Obama!
not to start a political debate but you can't blame someone for something that has been in effect long before he got the job.

You can't own slaves anymore, damn obama

You have to pay income tax, thanks obama

I have to buy my own gas, stupid obama
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56chev View Post
I'm not buying what you're selling.

It is the government, they lose money. It's what they do. These types of things are why we are owned by Asia.

it's all BS...... the company is setup to break even anyway, if they say they make money it would get alot of backlash. you have to operate the government in this way to keep people from constantly complaining and asking for more money. Im in the post office every single day, do you see the level of money they are making? they make thousands and thousands of dollars per hour at almost every single location. large business dumps cash at the post office on a regular basis, by the thousands. they are definately not losing money, no one will ever convince me of that.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAndKylesCard View Post
not to start a political debate but you can't blame someone for something that has been in effect long before he got the job.

You can't own slaves anymore, damn obama

You have to pay income tax, thanks obama

I have to buy my own gas, stupid obama
Sarcasm
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Well when postmaster generals make 6 figures and retired mailmen have outrageous pensions this is what happens.
Exactly, paying retirees huge pensions AND "Next year’s loss forecast includes a $5.6 billion payment due to the U.S. Treasury for future retiree health benefits"

That is absurd, when you are broke you do not keep borrowing, you either shut down or cut spending. Privatize the USPS and you will see it turn a profit every year.

Postal Service Bankrupt Shows Why USPS Must Be Privatized

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 11-15-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

doesn't need to be privatized at all, people just need to stop worrying about the money manipulation going on.......... lol @ owing 5.6 billion to the treasury...... it's all smoke & mirrors....... take money, put it here, make money, put it there, but at the end of the day, it's a money making business, PERIOD.... reguardless of what money goes where.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

No F-ing way. Every time I go to the PO, there's 20 people in line and 1 guy working the counter.

Thank you for those Automated machines!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
No F-ing way. Every time I go to the PO, there's 20 people in line and 1 guy working the counter.

Thank you for those Automated machines!

and the funny part is, they have to do even "LESS" work than ever, less help than ever, yet they are crying broke, give me a break........
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Exactly, paying retirees huge pensions AND "Next year’s loss forecast includes a $5.6 billion payment due to the U.S. Treasury for future retiree health benefits"

That is absurd, when you are broke you do not keep borrowing, you either shut down or cut spending. Privatize the USPS and you will see it turn a profit every year.

Postal Service Bankrupt Shows Why USPS Must Be Privatized
Seriously?

The Postal Service is in trouble because of a Bush-era law that requires the Postal Service to massively pre-fund the cost of retiree health benefits over the next 75 years in just 10 years' time. This cost covers not only current employees, but employees who have yet to be hired — and is on top of the cost for health benefits for current retirees. No other company or agency in America is required to pre-fund future retiree health benefits. The Postal Service Retiree Health Benefit Fund already has more than $42 billion in it — more than enough to cover retiree health premiums for the next 20 years.

The amount of stupid #@#@#@#@ being spread in this thread is mind boggling.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 11-15-2012 at 07:26 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just makes me dream of the day they're in charge of Healthcare.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Nevermind...

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 11-15-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
LOL. You've historically had some pretty uneducated posts but this one might be the winner.

Do some research.

Retiree health benefits are the key reason they lose money. Nice business model.

Edit - And please don't respond until you've actually read the 10K.

Last edited by SacGWYNN19; 11-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
LOL. You've historically had some pretty uneducated posts but this one might be the winner.

Do some research.

Retiree health benefits are the key reason they lose money. Nice business model.

Edit - And please don't respond until you've actually read the 10K.
FUTURE is the key word you are missing. It is retiree, but also for retirees that aren't even hired yet and that is why it is bull #@#@#@#@.

If they were just paying current retiree benefits, they would be doing very well. Read my post #14.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Wake up people...the over paid employees and the cushy bs retirement pensions and benefits KILLED them... It's almost over... They will die alongside Best Buy...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
Wake up people...the over paid employees and the cushy bs retirement pensions and benefits KILLED them... It's almost over... They will die alongside Best Buy...
No, you wake up and read the thread. Your post is completely wrong.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

EVERRRYYYY time (WITHOUT FAIL) I'm at the post office I have to wait 30 minutes for the postal worker to explain the different kinds of shipping services, insurance and delivery confirmation options, advantages and disadvantages of each service, the price differences, risks, how long it will take to deliver--on top of waiting for the person to fill out each form......and then he/she repeats the same thing to the NEXT customer in line.

They think they're providing good customer service, and while they *may* be--they're doing so at the expense of alienating the 10 other ticked off customers in line.

They really need to figure out a way to improve their wait times and stop making chit-chat and explaining information that's clearly written THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE STORE
calbearsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

yet...somehow for some unknown reason, there is a US Postal commercial on every show I watch on TV at least 15 times a day. It's true and every time I see one I think "who the hell doesn't know about the USPS?"...

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Seriously?

The Postal Service is in trouble because of a Bush-era law that requires the Postal Service to massively pre-fund the cost of retiree health benefits over the next 75 years in just 10 years' time. This cost covers not only current employees, but employees who have yet to be hired — and is on top of the cost for health benefits for current retirees. No other company or agency in America is required to pre-fund future retiree health benefits. The Postal Service Retiree Health Benefit Fund already has more than $42 billion in it — more than enough to cover retiree health premiums for the next 20 years.

The amount of stupid #@#@#@#@ being spread in this thread is mind boggling.
Do you happen to know a purpose behind this? The process sounds absolutely out of left field...
56chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
yet...somehow for some unknown reason, there is a US Postal commercial on every show I watch on TV at least 15 times a day. It's true and every time I see one I think "who the hell doesn't know about the USPS?"...
That reasoning, unfortunately, doesn't work. I've wondered the same thing about Pepsi, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, etc. With over a billion served, McDonald's feels that there are still people who don't know who they are or where to find them. Same with Coke and Pepsi. Who doesn't know they can buy a drink at the store called Coke or Pepsi? Advertising is a huge waste for companies that have been around for more than 25 years because everyone will already have heard of you.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun2049 View Post
That reasoning, unfortunately, doesn't work. I've wondered the same thing about Pepsi, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, etc. With over a billion served, McDonald's feels that there are still people who don't know who they are or where to find them. Same with Coke and Pepsi. Who doesn't know they can buy a drink at the store called Coke or Pepsi? Advertising is a huge waste for companies that have been around for more than 25 years because everyone will already have heard of you.
i can see advertising your newest product or your latest special...but come on...the post office?

and lets not forget the race teams and other crazy stuff they have sponsored over the years.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote