Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Panini = Joke

Most of you already knew this. But I have had contenders redemptions just rotting away since the release last year. Just got tired of waiting and missing the boat on moving some of them at top dollar(LeShoure) so I emailed Dave and asked him what I could expect for replacements. Last time I replaced my CJ2k contenders auto that I was told he was not going to sign I got a Tim Hightower auto. So I like to know ahead of time.

My redemptions out are:
Julio Jones auto
Mikel LeShoure front row ticket 1/1 auto
Marcel Dareus 1/1 plate auto.

I told him I mainly collect Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford. I know they are both fairly expensive in the hobby. But if you know me, that is who I collect. I also told him I would take anything nice of a new rookie in return.

He emailed me back and said Calvin and Stafford are out of the question, and that he could replace the Julio Jones with a Contenders auto of Gabbert, Ponder, or Murray. Kinda pissed me off that my replacement offer was one of the 3. When if you check completed listings you can almost buy all 3 for the price of the Julio redemption.

The Dareus he said he would blindly replace with another Plate auto of the same value. I know Dareus is not a big seller. But I could only imagine what fair value would be after I heard what I could get for my Julio.

Sorry to rant on, I am just venting. It just aggravates me that you open their product. Don't get what you paid for because it is a redemption. Then have to accept less when you are tired of waiting. Kudos to Topps for what they did this year with their redemptions.

End rant
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think Murray can be just as valuable if not more due to fanbase than Julio, if he can get and stay healthy. I would just request the Murray and call it even. The other two it's hard to tell what you'll get but I totally agree with you about Panini.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

That is an annoying situation. You buy their product, and you wait much longer than their program says you are supposed to wait. At that point, they should work to make you happy. I am at the point where I am getting really picky about what Panini I want to open up, and have found it much easier to resist wax knowing that i have no desire to deal with their BS. They count on the end buyer to keep their business going. I wonder how many cases distributors would buy if the distributors had no one to move this garbage to. *Sorry, I think I just added a rant to your rant!
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm waiting on a terry bradshaw auto for just shy of eternity...wtf? he signs for everyone but Panini i guess? frustrating.

I'd tell them that you will just continue to wait on them...i wouldn't want anything other than 1/1's for 1/1s unless it was heavy in your favor.

sorry you are getting screwed.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would just plain tell them its unexceptable on those choices that the only one thats not a big deal is Dareus but you expect a 1/1 auto in return. the Jones put up past sales on them in your email to show that your not happy with the offer on that. Has Jones signed anything??? Also what about the

Mikel LeShoure front row ticket 1/1 auto ? What was the offer on that ?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hasn't leshoure signed?

Looking for Patriot and Angels Superfractors and 1/1s
Especially Vlad and Tom Brady.
Syd12356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm waiting on an Aldon Smith silver book from Playbook and I'm scared to ask for a replacement because I have a feeling I will get the shaft.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

If CJ2K got replaced by Ali Highsmih I would demenad they send me a case of contenders.
Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cause a scene! Be borderline awkward letting them know what you think of their service. Make them feel UNCOMFORTABLE. I am willing to bet you can get them to give you the service you deserve.
56chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
I am at the point where I am getting really picky about what Panini I want to open up, and have found it much easier to resist wax knowing that i have no desire to deal with their BS.
You know what I did to resist the urge to bust wax? I think about all the garbage I'll get that isn't PC, and how I'll have to scan said garbage, and try to sell it on here for 1/2 the going rate.

Once that fails I'll have to make an auction and wait it out on eBay. Just to walk my fatass to the post office and drop it off. All the while waiting for the buyer to shoot me a note saying the corners look funny or some other excuse to get me to send them a small refund and have them keep the card.

This is what I tell myself when I am considering busting something. So now I pick up singles
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

I did email him back letting him know I will not be purchasing my case of Contenders this year, or any years going forward as it doesn't make sense to me. Every year I buy a case or two, I even bought 3 cases in 07.

I did not get an offer on the LeShoure I told him I would wait that out. He said LeShoure sent back every auto except for the 1/1. I find that odd, but nothing I can do to prove otherwise.

I did decline his offer and told him I can pretty much buy his 3 replacements for a REDEMPTION of Julio Jones. I would assume a redemption is not as valuable as the card itself.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Redemptions are a joke, and the companies know it and its #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@, the only positive thing I have ever seen is the current redemption with Topps Chrome Football and that is mind-boggling that they came up with that on their own... heres by beef with redemptions... What is fair market people? EBAY is fair market, why because don't lie to yourself that is where we all get our prices and compare what we want to pick up! With that being said, the blue wave idea should be carried on, with all companies. If you have to replace the card, there is what they call mystery packs broken down into sports, the odds of hitting an auto/patch/relic etc shouldn't matter but the cards should be something of positive value of randomness, that way we can't bitch too much about getting shafted and maybe more posts could be made about a happy replacement! Last but not least, ALL EXPIRED REDEMPTIONS should be honored, some how some way

Proud member and worker on boxbusters.tv, come visit BoogsCards
dilandboogscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
You know what I did to resist the urge to bust wax? I think about all the garbage I'll get that isn't PC, and how I'll have to scan said garbage, and try to sell it on here for 1/2 the going rate.

Once that fails I'll have to make an auction and wait it out on eBay. Just to walk my fatass to the post office and drop it off. All the while waiting for the buyer to shoot me a note saying the corners look funny or some other excuse to get me to send them a small refund and have them keep the card.

This is what I tell myself when I am considering busting something. So now I pick up singles
Awesome, very true!
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

you know you would probably get farther with the folks at Panini if you were polite and calmly explained the situation. All of my CS jobs through college had customers like you. Sure, you're borderline getting screwed. Calmly explain why it isn't acceptable and you'll get what you are looking for. A CSR is more likely to help somebody not being a dickhead than somebody that is.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks. Not sure where I said I came off as a dick. The email I wrote was very polite
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

I know this doesn't help your current situation, but I do this. Don't buy new paninni product. Buy singles.....I haven't bought any panini boxes for two years and I love it!! I let other people take the pain and pick and choose off ebay.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
Thanks. Not sure where I said I came off as a dick. The email I wrote was very polite
well, the passive-aggressive threat to not buy a case of their product is what I was referring to.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

I have had nothing but polite exchanges with them when I have an issue and I have gotten some nice stuff from them. Last time I got a Von Miller dual laundry tag auto /25 from NT. I would email them and explain that you arent happy with what you were told youd be receiving.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

i dont understand how some people totally get hooked up by Panini and others seem to get the shaft from the same customer service reps/dept.

I've seen a few people get some monster replacements for total crap...others, not so much.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

I definitely feel your pain. I currently have about 70 redemptions outstanding. I got lucky last year because I took advantage of the trade in at the Baltimore nationals. I traded in about 20 cards with a value of $5 - 15 each and got a grab bag with a locker auto /10. If you have a contact email, can you please PM it to me.
goalie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

there is a good contact email about, but people post it publicly for stupid reasons. then the people that want to bitch and moan for stupid reasons get a hold of it and flood it.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

call me crazy but how can you hold the card companies responsible when some of the lazy nfl divas dont want to sign their cards? Most cards would not be redemptions if the players would sign the cards like they are paid to do.
tebowrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebowrules View Post
call me crazy but how can you hold the card companies responsible when some of the lazy nfl divas dont want to sign their cards? Most cards would not be redemptions if the players would sign the cards like they are paid to do.
truth. it's on the players mostly.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

I never said it wasn't on the players. But I paid Panini. I didn't pay Julio Jones

It's like going to a car lot and buying and paying for a Camaro then being told they can't give you that, so you get a Kia instead
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

Tebow hits the nail on the head. Dont complain too much about the companies over the redemptions when they try and try to get the athletes to sign. Should have held onto the redemptions to see if the people were gonna sign or not if you were looking to move each of them. I too have a Julio but its PC so I can just let it wait. I do expect a AJ Green if I ever decide to just get a replacement, I think that would be fair.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote