Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
I purchased a GU/Auto card from a guy on ebay...its a /5 card and was originally an exchange card, although he said it was sent as a replacement from Panini...good to know.

Anyway...the guy ships it in a toploader and a bubble mailer and puts friggin packing peanuts in the mailer and caused the card to get creased around the patch window.

This is why i HATE when people put packing peanuts in with cards...who exactly thought that was a good idea?

So..what would you do? I need the card and even though it's damaged now, I don't want to send it back because I might not see another one soon, if ever since it's a /5 card...but, I really paid more for it than it was worth to begin with and I wouldn't have paid that much if it were damaged...I paid for a mint card and got a damaged card.

The whole "partial refund" scam is rampant on ebay and i don't want to be accused of doing that sort of thing, but this is actually damaged.

I contacted the seller and sent him a scan with a close up pic of the damage, it's a little hard to see on a cell phone pic because its a highly glossy card...but I got a pic that clearly shows the damage and sent him and he said "I can't even tell if thats the same card"...well, ok i guess i'm a liar...so i'll have to get my scanner hooked up and send him a full scan of the front and back...which is fine...not a big deal or an unreasonable request.

What do you guys think? should I just let it go and cut my losses or nail the guy on feedback or ask for a refund of some sort or what? I'm not sending the card back so that's out of the question...I just hate its damaged and I hate that I over paid for a card that I expected to arrive in good shape...and the whole packing peanut thing is a pet peeve of mine and it just makes it worse ...lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I'd give him a neutral...he got you the card, but didn't get it to you safely. Shipping memorabilia cards in a plain, white envelope is NOT acceptable.
Pretty sure that is not a plain white envelope.............
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

that's not really fair of you to not be willing to return the card to him. I personally feel that knowing how the ebay system works, if your not happy with a card you should return it and get a full refund. the guy offered free shipping, did what he thought was correct in the method of shipping, it got messed up, you should return it. he clearly didn't send it that way on purpose to get messed up, the post office is actually to blame for the card being damaged.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #28 (permalink)

honestly, this is why i asked your opinions. Just reading through this, there are a lot of different ways to go with it. I think I'm just going to write it off as a bad experience and email the guy and tell him the peanut did the damage...if you want to meet minimum space requirements then wrap it up in newspaper or something flat or just use a dummy insert or whatever...but i have no doubt that shipping the card in just a top loader with a peanut is what caused the damage.

thanks for the input on the situation...appreciate the different opinions expressed.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I'ma killz me somebody I swear...

Luckily this is a thin card and very minor damage to the top..I got this in today:
Attached Thumbnails
So...what would you do?-ab-peanutss.jpg  

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
...but I got a pic that clearly shows the damage and sent him and he said "I can't even tell if thats the same card"
that response kinda tells you that there wont be an easy resolution with him.