Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #376 (permalink)

Why did zing drop? Was it the stats cap?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #377 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
Agree that limits should be set on games vs CPU. Ridiculous to see a 100 point game against the CPU. Far from sim and that stuff is reserved for cheese lobby play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
there should be limits vs cpu dont care what anyone says. shouldnt be able to rape the cpu. end of story user vs user is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
exactly. i wouldn't care normally aside from being irked that the records were all held by people that broke the game, but this year you get rewarded for that #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ via XP. that's my issue. with defense, unless you are nano-ing the cpu, it's hard to really get D stats at will so really no need for stat caps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Why did zing drop? Was it the stats cap?
Are you guys okay with the new limit for stats or have an opinion on what they should be?

Right now, I am planning to bump WR/RB yards up a bit from 175, possibly to 200 or 225. With that, I may go back up to 375 or 400 yards for QBs. This is due to the point that you don't play the CPU every week.

I am trying to find a happy medium here. Right now, over a 16 game season, if you played the CPU to max stats every week:

QB: 5600 yards, 64 TDs (at 350/4 per game)
RB: 2800 yards, 48 TDs (at 175/3 per game)
WR: 2800 yards, 48 TDs (at 175/3 per game)

I still find that the 48 TDs for WR/RB might be a bit high, but coming down to 2 might be too tight.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 02-18-2013 at 08:00 AM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #378 (permalink)

I prefer to keep as is for stats with no bumps. Show me a 2800 yard season by an HB or WR in the NFL and I'll agree to an increase.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #379 (permalink)

225 is fine, last season 275 worked because the user games even'd out the stats.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #380 (permalink)

I say keep as is. Although we don't play the CPU each week i see allot of users on auto pilot and have heard that only a hand full are actually active so essentially it's like we are playing the majority of games vs CPU
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #381 (permalink)
Banned

I have a question when I set up my team I picked the wrong coach meant to pick Jason garret for Dallas picked d Allen from Oakland is it possible to change that now? I don't have my plays or defense packages currently
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
I have a question when I set up my team I picked the wrong coach meant to pick Jason garret for Dallas picked d Allen from Oakland is it possible to change that now? I don't have my plays or defense packages currently
Your not supposed to be using an existing coach. You should have created a coach. Only way to fix it is to retire from the league and rejoin.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #383 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Your not supposed to be using an existing coach. You should have created a coach. Only way to fix it is to retire from the league and rejoin.
What do you mean I wasn't suppose to be an existing coach? I wasn't informed of this and from my knowledge I didn't see it in op
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
What do you mean I wasn't suppose to be an existing coach? I wasn't informed of this and from my knowledge I didn't see it in op
It's towards the top of the OP right after the first big paragraph where the rest of the league settings are listed.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #385 (permalink)

Here ya go, at home now couldn't quote and edit on phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Since Freddy retired, this will be the new thread.

With the release of Madden 13 in a few hours I am creating a league for 360 owners. All members of league would be BO members unless there's not enough of us then i would search friendslists for additional members. All i ask is that you be active and play fair, no glitches or cheap exploited plays. I want at least 16 members 2 per division so we have enough H2H games and not a bunch of CPU games. Of course the more the merrier but I'd like to start small and then expand to more users if we're successful with the initial 16. Post in this thread your GT if you'd like to receive an invite or send me a friend request via XBL with at least your BO username so i know who you are. My GT is the exact same as BO user name. Or just search the league name and pm me here or XBL for password.Here are the main settings and rules for the League:

League Name:BLOWOUT GRIDIRON
League Type: Created Coaches
Salary Cap:On
Skill Level: All Madden
Qtr Length: 7 min
Accelerated Clock: On
Injuries/Pre existing injuries: On
Trades and Deadline:On

League Rules (can be adjusted slightly but i want to keep them pretty simple to avoid confusion, as real feel as possible, and keep it fair and fun)

1.HAVE FUN and show SPORTSMANSHIP win or lose
2.No quitting. Take a loss as you would a win....with Pride
3.No cheating- nanos and whatever other glitches pop up this year
4.No NO HUDDLE overuse. Meaning not every play or every other play.
5.MUST punt on 4th and 4 or more if not passed the 50 yrd line unless losing in the 4th qtr.
6. Dont run up the score. If you've got a nice lead and theres no way you will be beat please show sportsmanship.
7. If game disconnects due to EA servers you will have to replay game regardless of what qtr or how big of lead you had UNLESS opponent agrees and doesnt want to replay game then you will be allowed to play vs CPU.

**2 strike rule in effect for regular season/playoffs. If you miss 2 consecutive games AND/OR quit 2 games without notice you will be booted from league. STAYING ACTIVE is a MUST for this league to be successful and QUITTERS WILL NOT be tolerated.**

New individual scoring rule (tentative: 2/17/2013):
I am going to set limits on offensive player stats, but NOT on scoring. I figure, if you want to start putting in your subs and run up the score against a CPU opponent, so be it. Also, if you can get the defensive touchdowns or want to kick FG, go for it.

Here are my proposed limits:
QB: 350 yards passing, 4 (rush/pass) touchdowns per player
RB: 175 yards, 3 (rush/rec) touchdowns per player
WR: 175 yards receiving, 3 (rush/rec) touchdowns per player

Once you hit these limits, you should be putting in back-ups. These obviously aren't hard numbers (ie, if you throw for 375 yards, I won't bust your balls), unless it becomes a consistent issue. Now, these rules will only apply to CPU games. Against human opponents, it probably won't get this bad, but be a good sport. Repeated violations get you put on auto pilot for the next week.

New rule on trading: 2/17/2013.
Due to trading abuse with CPU and auto pilot teams, trading for draft picks is strictly prohibited. If the CPU offers you a trade for a draft pick due to putting a player on the block, that is acceptable. Only other trades can be made for veteran players. There has been too much abuse of the trade system.

These are just set in place to keep it competitive and fun for all. If you dont agree with these rules please do not join. Trades and FA signing will be discussed once everyone has joined so please do not make any trades or pick up FAs until rules are set in place.

FA's,Trades,and Advancing Schedule (These are set in place so no one abuses the FA pool or makes bogus trades.If you have a better suggestion for FA's and Trades feel free to bring it to the table for review)

1. FA's are only to be picked up if your starting player at that position gets hurt. (EX. A.Johnson gets hurt so I pick up P.Burress)

2. Trading will be based on Rating points. Players in trade must be within 5 +/- pts. (Ex. Want a 90 Rated player must trade a player between 85-95 Rating)

3. I will be advancing every Monday and Thursday at 8pm CT unless of course all games are played before then,this should give everyone enough time to get your games in. Communication is KEY please message your opponent and coordinate game times. 7pm will be cut-off time on advance day, meaning if by 7pm you have not played your game and your opponent is online you will be set to "auto pilot" so game can be played versus CPU and once week is advanced "auto pilot" will be turned off so you can regain control of team.

Gamertags in () unless otherwise noted. Non member means not a blowout member, so name listed is GT
1.xXGuardiansXxXX (non-member) - Packers
2.CALVINXLIONSX81(same)-Lions
3.Sals_cardz(Blunt xGPOx)-Seahawks
4.newton615 (Reign of Shane)-Patriots
5.jbmets95(same)-Bears (auto pilot)
6.freethrowtommy (fttommy)- 49ers
7.QUIET STORM(non member)-Chiefs
8.Clarka3 (Leif Ender) - Ravens
9.Nogood4this (Catz Ablaze)-Raiders
10.F8L 2FRESH (barbariansack) - Cardinals
11. Pootie Tangx69n (non-member) - Titans
12.dustin9900 (same)-Skins
13. hobbits envy me (JonMead) - Cowboys
14.weaponX (RRoss9013) - Falcons (auto pilot)
15.SpoilSport617 (non member)-Steelers
16. phinzphan1372 (geo1372) - Saints
17.FreeFlow (NFC FreeFlow) -Panthers (auto pilot)
18.nash4prez - Bills (auto pilot)
19.MikeisGod39 (non member) -Dolphins
20.m.m4eva (kgizzle101) - Broncos
21.Truemountaineer (WVUGOLDNBLUE54) - Giants (auto pilot)
22. pizzaboyRAGE - Bengals
23. YanksBillsFan (SyrcsePride) - Bucs
24. iBLeeDBaTTLeReD - Texans

Team Availablility
AFC NORTH- Browns
AFC EAST-Jets
AFC SOUTH-Jaguars, Colts
AFC WEST- Chargers

NFC NORTH- Vikings
NFC EAST-Eagles,
NFC SOUTH-
NFC WEST- Rams
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #386 (permalink)
Banned

well this is just great ill message FTT and see what i can do to fix this the texans wouldnt of beat me if i had my multiple D and michael huff didnt take his roids
Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:
well this is just great ill message FTT and see what i can do to fix this the texans wouldnt of beat me if i had my multiple D and michael huff didnt take his roids
You definitely could have used multiple D's (x2 teams) because that Dallas D was like Swiss cheese...FULL OF HOLES!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #388 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You definitely could have used multiple D's (x2 teams) because that Dallas D was like Swiss cheese...FULL OF HOLES!
First time using the team tried using a 4-3 with out my 3-4 package just be glad we don't play again. Oh and be careful when hgh testing is added huff going down
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #389 (permalink)

sadly madden dropped the ball in 2 key areas in my opinion.

1- you can't change your playbook outside of a game. This is annoying, and directly led to my loss in the playoffs last year when I forgot to switch from Run n Gun (what I started the league with) to the Philly O.

2- The lack of formation subs is effing annoying. I use the Green Bay D in almost every league, and the hardest part is trying to make sure your backups are in the right spots to see the field on the 4 and 5 LB sets. It would be nice if they did what NCAA did where you could enter your formation subs outside of a game. That way I wouldn't end up with a DE coming in at LB at some points because I can only have 3 guys on the depth chart at the LB positions. I don't care if Ngata is listed as a higher LB than Vontaze Burfict, I'd rather have Burfict come in if people are gassed.

just a few annoyances with this year's madden. oh, and i definitely made the switch to the Green Bay D in this league too- prepare for more chaos. Suggs tore it up on Multi-D, he'll eviscerate QBs in this setup.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #390 (permalink)

hope i dont play mr suggs mr sack machine lol. what do you consider a veteran FTT? after 4+ seasons usually after rookie contract is up?
sals_cardz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
hope i dont play mr suggs mr sack machine lol. what do you consider a veteran FTT? after 4+ seasons usually after rookie contract is up?
I am assuming you are referring to the rule about draft picks.

I consider a vet to be anyone who isn't a rookie (1st year player). If they still have their rookie contract, but are in year 2, they are a vet.

What I am trying to deter is people trading aging veterans for draft picks to the CPU/auto teams. After the players get into the league, it is much harder to get a star player away from the CPU.

I am okay if you put players on the trade block and the CPU offers picks as part of the trade offer, however. It seems like a pretty fair compromise.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #392 (permalink)

Quote:
I am assuming you are referring to the rule about draft picks.

I consider a vet to be anyone who isn't a rookie (1st year player). If they still have their rookie contract, but are in year 2, they are a vet.

What I am trying to deter is people trading aging veterans for draft picks to the CPU/auto teams. After the players get into the league, it is much harder to get a star player away from the CPU.

I am okay if you put players on the trade block and the CPU offers picks as part of the trade offer, however. It seems like a pretty fair compromise.
i hear ya. yes that's what i was asking. thanks for replying. take care.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #393 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
sadly madden dropped the ball in 2 key areas in my opinion.

1- you can't change your playbook outside of a game. This is annoying, and directly led to my loss in the playoffs last year when I forgot to switch from Run n Gun (what I started the league with) to the Philly O.

2- The lack of formation subs is effing annoying. I use the Green Bay D in almost every league, and the hardest part is trying to make sure your backups are in the right spots to see the field on the 4 and 5 LB sets. It would be nice if they did what NCAA did where you could enter your formation subs outside of a game. That way I wouldn't end up with a DE coming in at LB at some points because I can only have 3 guys on the depth chart at the LB positions. I don't care if Ngata is listed as a higher LB than Vontaze Burfict, I'd rather have Burfict come in if people are gassed.

just a few annoyances with this year's madden. oh, and i definitely made the switch to the Green Bay D in this league too- prepare for more chaos. Suggs tore it up on Multi-D, he'll eviscerate QBs in this setup.
Two things: Aldon Smith and Multi-D

I also agree with your annoyances. I don't know why NCAA and Madden don't share some features. I am imagining that EA has two completely separate teams they lock away from each other for each game. Kind of like how Madden got physics and NCAA didn't this year.

That is all

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 02-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #394 (permalink)

Last season, advances of the schedule happened on Mondays and Thursdays.

Would anyone have a problem with moving that to Wednesdays and Saturdays?

It would give the weird schedule people some time on the weekends or weekdays to get games in on both edges of the season weeks.

Personally, I would like the schedule better as well.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 02-19-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
Last season, advances of the schedule happened on Mondays and Thursdays.

Would anyone have a problem with moving that to Wednesdays and Saturdays?

It would give the weird schedule people some time on the weekends or weekdays to get games in on both edges of the season weeks.

Personally, I would like the schedule better as well.
I like it because then people can play there games on Saturday and Sunday, if they can't get on during the weekday's
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #396 (permalink)

I'm all for that advance schedule change.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm all for that advance schedule change.
its more for the ppl that cant play idc personally, im never playin on sunday tho ill let that be known. i love walking dead to much sorry. 6pm west coast time it comes on for me on hd. yup yup
Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
its more for the ppl that cant play idc personally, im never playin on sunday tho ill let that be known. i love walking dead to much sorry. 6pm west coast time it comes on for me on hd. yup yup
I think there are a few of us in the same boat with Walking Dead... myself included.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
I think there are a few of us in the same boat with Walking Dead... myself included.
SWEEEEET! i love that show, only show on tv i watch that isnt espn. lol
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #400 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm actually who requested the change. I work 2nd shift so when I'm at home playing most ppl are at work/school. The new schedule gives me a better chance of getting most of my user games in on the weekend because unless my opponent has a similar work schedule it would be nearly impossible to get those games in during the week.