Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Here We Go w/the ND Crying.....

Coach Brian Kelly sayin its not fair they are ranked 3rd behind K State n Oregon. He believes it is due to early preseason ranking and should be ranked higher and playing for the Nati!! lol
Notre Dame Fighting Irish don't need validation from polls, coach Brian Kelly says - ESPN

thats my rant or comment there under "duckfb2010"

Last edited by Trueduckfan; 11-17-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

I must have missed the crying.

Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

By BCS standards, they should be ranked higher, in fact, they should be number 1. The only "quality" opponent Oregon has beaten is USC, and they're going to end up with 5 losses by the end of the season.

Granted, the toughest part of Oregon's schedule is the next three weeks, but they have Stanford at home, Oregon State in what will look like a home game in Corvallis, and probably USC at home again, unless UCLA finds a way to win tomorrow.

ND has beaten Michigan and Oklahoma on the road, in two of the most inhospitable stadiums in the country, and beat Stanford in a great game. Sure, they don't play well at home, but they've played much tougher opponents than Oregon, and still have the same amount of losses.

I'll be at the ND/USC game in LA with my buddy who's a die hard Irish fan (he was at the game in Ireland and at the game in Oklahoma). If ND wins out and doesn't get a shot at the title, then the BCS will have failed to match up the proper opponents for the first time in its history. Oregon versus K State or Oregon versus ND will end up the same, with Oregon winning, but your bias makes you say some homer-ish things.

My hope? That my beloved Buckeyes can beat the Badger in Madison tomorrow, but I just don't see it happening.

Last edited by tajikey; 11-17-2012 at 02:37 AM.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
By BCS standards, they should be ranked higher, in fact, they should be number 1. The only "quality" opponent Oregon has beaten is USC, and they're going to end up with 5 losses by the end of the season.

Granted, the toughest part of Oregon's schedule is the next three weeks, but they have Stanford at home, Oregon State in what will look like a home game in Corvallis, and probably USC at home again, unless UCLA finds a way to win tomorrow.

ND has beaten Michigan and Oklahoma on the road, in two of the most inhospitable stadiums in the country, and beat Stanford in a great game. Sure, they don't play well at home, but they've played much tougher opponents than Oregon, and still have the same amount of losses.

I'll be at the ND/USC game in LA with my buddy who's a die hard Irish fan (he was at the game in Ireland and at the game in Oklahoma). If ND wins out and doesn't get a shot at the title, then the BCS will have failed to match up the proper opponents for the first time in its history. Oregon versus K State or Oregon versus ND will end up the same, with Oregon winning, but your bias makes you say some homer-ish things.

My hope? That my beloved Buckeyes can beat the Badger in Madison tomorrow, but I just don't see it happening.
Couple things there bud, first off, Corvalis is by no means a home game just because its up the road? Its still filled and dominated by noisy OSU fans right ontop of you. USC had lost there back to back visits back in there hay day when they were highly ranked and respected.

Second, ND beat Michigan (who stinks) and Oklahoma (who isnt that good either this year as they narrowly escaped UTEP early in the year and if I recall, almost beat ND as well) but does look like a better resume than Oregon. And so your saying that ND narrowly beat a team in OK who couldnt beat the #1 and on its way to become #2 team in Kansas St? I know its all about match-ups, so the shoulda coulda woulda doesnt hold alot of water till they actually settle it on the field but since were kinda playing this he said she said game I'll stand firm on that belief that ND wouldnt beat K State or Oregon simply because they proven they needed a little luck to scave by Oklahoma who also couldnt beat K Stat. Most of the experts agree that Oregon looks to be the part this year by watching the way they play, execute and dominate every team.

Yeah the BCS has them #1 and it also had Bama at what? #2 or 3? You honestly think ND could hang with Bama? I doubt it. I still think USC will bring it against the Irish and will play up to there potential. They have underachieved in most of there games this year with the amount of talent they have on that team. They can be dangerous if they pull there heads out of there arsses. I believe kiffin is bringing them down and not gameplanning correctly and not motivating them enough the right way for each and every game other than one or two important ones.

And how can you "miss the cryin" from kelly? Its clear as day. Hes trying to sway the hearts of some of the voters that are on the fence about holding them back due to lack of appeal by there wins or near loss's that would overcome the rest of the BCS factors and vault them up into the #1 or 2 spot. He wasnt saying anything until it became apparent that if both K state and Oregon win out, those would be the two teams playing in the Nati.

If Oregon pulls off the win (which they should) they will jump K state this sunday most likely in the computers as they would have most of the #1 votes by the pollsters and strong enough resume to sit amongst the top in the computers.

And my Bias is based on alot of me watching football games over the last few years, listening closely to alot of inteligent unbiased sports radio hosts and analysts and wieghing in all of there opinions and how often they are proven and unbiased. I dont mean to be. I am the first one to call out my team if I dont think theyve earned it. Im always admitting when Oregon should have gotten a flag on a certain play in games where theyve gotten away with things. I had full confidence in Texas A&M going into Tuscaloosa and beating Alabama last weekend due to the lack of speed to keep up with there offense and the similar style of play A&M runs on offense like Oregons. I just knew it would be too much for them to handle as Ive seen it first hand when a team has all or most of the peices to be successful with a good spread offense that has a great dual threat qb and weapons on the field along with a fast tempo that puts stress on defenses.

Last edited by Trueduckfan; 11-17-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm a ND fan and I don't believe that ND should be in the NC game if K State and Oregon win out. There's 2-3 games to go and an Oregon fan is talking about Brian Kelly and the NC game when you've got Stanford tomorrow?

To say Brian Kelly is crying is ridiculous and the idea that he's going to "sway the hearts" ' of voters on the fence'. when they received 3 first place votes is equally ridiculous. Is there an " on the fence" poll that I am not aware of?

If I'm an Oregon or KSU fan I would just be concentrating on winning out, not worrying about Brian Kelly and ND. Do you really think you have to be concerned about ND overtaking you in the polls if you win out? Absolutely not.

"I would tell our players that everything that was within their control, they handled and that they're champions because of it. A pollster or computer rankings really can't diminish what you've accomplished," Kelly said Wednesday in an interview with The Associated Press. "I can tell you this: The ring will still be as big. Now, we may not have that crystal ball down there, but we'll have a lot of signage."

That is "crying""?

Oregon and K State, shut up, win out, and you will be in the NC game. Period end of story.
pigeonsbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
I must have missed the crying.

Anyone else?
You have to be an Oregon fan to see it apparently?
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

This is from last year, I know, but this looks like crying to me.....
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
Couple things there bud, first off, Corvalis is by no means a home game just because its up the road? Its still filled and dominated by noisy OSU fans right ontop of you. USC had lost there back to back visits back in there hay day when they were highly ranked and respected.

Second, ND beat Michigan (who stinks) and Oklahoma (who isnt that good either this year as they narrowly escaped UTEP early in the year and if I recall, almost beat ND as well) but does look like a better resume than Oregon. And so your saying that ND narrowly beat a team in OK who couldnt beat the #1 and on its way to become #2 team in Kansas St? I know its all about match-ups, so the shoulda coulda woulda doesnt hold alot of water till they actually settle it on the field but since were kinda playing this he said she said game I'll stand firm on that belief that ND wouldnt beat K State or Oregon simply because they proven they needed a little luck to scave by Oklahoma who also couldnt beat K Stat. Most of the experts agree that Oregon looks to be the part this year by watching the way they play, execute and dominate every team.

Yeah the BCS has them #1 and it also had Bama at what? #2 or 3? You honestly think ND could hang with Bama? I doubt it. I still think USC will bring it against the Irish and will play up to there potential. They have underachieved in most of there games this year with the amount of talent they have on that team. They can be dangerous if they pull there heads out of there arsses. I believe kiffin is bringing them down and not gameplanning correctly and not motivating them enough the right way for each and every game other than one or two important ones.

And how can you "miss the cryin" from kelly? Its clear as day. Hes trying to sway the hearts of some of the voters that are on the fence about holding them back due to lack of appeal by there wins or near loss's that would overcome the rest of the BCS factors and vault them up into the #1 or 2 spot. He wasnt saying anything until it became apparent that if both K state and Oregon win out, those would be the two teams playing in the Nati.

If Oregon pulls off the win (which they should) they will jump K state this sunday most likely in the computers as they would have most of the #1 votes by the pollsters and strong enough resume to sit amongst the top in the computers.

And my Bias is based on alot of me watching football games over the last few years, listening closely to alot of inteligent unbiased sports radio hosts and analysts and wieghing in all of there opinions and how often they are proven and unbiased. I dont mean to be. I am the first one to call out my team if I dont think theyve earned it. Im always admitting when Oregon should have gotten a flag on a certain play in games where theyve gotten away with things. I had full confidence in Texas A&M going into Tuscaloosa and beating Alabama last weekend due to the lack of speed to keep up with there offense and the similar style of play A&M runs on offense like Oregons. I just knew it would be too much for them to handle as Ive seen it first hand when a team has all or most of the peices to be successful with a good spread offense that has a great dual threat qb and weapons on the field along with a fast tempo that puts stress on defenses.
Narrowly beat OK?? ND CRUSHED Oklahoma. Unless you consider 30-13 close.

Also at the time ND beat #10 Michigan St, #18 Michigan, #17 Stanford, and #8 Oklahoma.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos

Last edited by mgugs46; 11-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hmmm....seems to me this thread title should read:

Here We Go w/the ORE Crying.....
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Coach Brian Kelly sayin its not fair they are ranked 3rd behind K State n Oregon. He believes it is due to early preseason ranking and should be ranked higher and playing for the Nati!! lol
Notre Dame Fighting Irish don't need validation from polls, coach Brian Kelly says - ESPN

I think you should be more worried about Stanford and Oregon St than about Notre Dame. Especially with the amount of injuries your team has on defense.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

I would absolutely love to see Oregon/Notre Dame in the BCS Championship: That would be the easiest national title ever.....FOR OREGON!

If anyone thinks Notre dame can hang with that up tempo offense for an entire game you are out of your minds.

And I am an ohio state fan............
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post

Also at the time ND beat #10 Michigan St, #18 Michigan, #17 Stanford, and #8 Oklahoma.
I don't consider that score "CRUSHED" any more than narrow... You are both overstating it.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

It's not going to matter since USC will beat ND at the end of the year

Also either The Ducks or KSU will lose a game also and Bama jumps back into the title game.

KSU has the easiest route of them all
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:

You are not biased with your interpretation at all
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

This is still Oregon homerism. I've never contested that Oregon is a good football team, but who have they beat handily that would convince anyone that they're a powerhouse? They put up 63 against USC while allowing 52.

I said it originally, if Oregon makes it to the Championship and plays either ND or K State, they'll win, but they shouldn't be number one, especially if ND wins out, having beaten 5 top 25 schools on there way there.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't care either way...but i thought I heard on ESPN yesterday that Notre Dame has had a stronger strength of schedule so far (and I repeat...so far) than KS or Oregon...so in that regards, I would think That ND should be ranked higher than either of them...Now at the end of the next 3 weeks or whatever, if all 3 are undefeated, thats how it should be ranked...by strength of schedule, whether its oregon, KS or ND...the strength of schedule is how it should be ranked, if they have the same undefeated record
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

I've read that article twice and still don't see the crying or "it's not fair" comments. Aside from the fact that Kelly is being baited with these questions, I think he's responded with much class. He has acknowledged that he will be proud of his team no matter what and will go to bat for them after the regular season, but ANY coach in third place with an undefeated record would be an idiot if he didn't lobby for his team in some capacity.

Trueducksfan, let's suppose that the AP did support ND moreso than Oregon and jumped ND to the top 2 after Bama's loss. What would you have said then? It's easy to comment from the inside looking out, but if your unedefeated Ducks were 3rd right now I'd like to know what their coach would be saying.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I don't care either way...but i thought I heard on ESPN yesterday that Notre Dame has had a stronger strength of schedule so far (and I repeat...so far) than KS or Oregon...so in that regards, I would think That ND should be ranked higher than either of them...Now at the end of the next 3 weeks or whatever, if all 3 are undefeated, thats how it should be ranked...by strength of schedule, whether its oregon, KS or ND...the strength of schedule is how it should be ranked, if they have the same undefeated record
Couldn't agree more. From here on out, strength of schedule favors Oregon, as K State only has a bad Texas team left to play, and ND has a bad USC team. Oregon has 2 loss Stanford, 2 loss Oregon State, and a minimum three loss opponent in the Pac-12 Championship.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
ND strength of schedule is I believe 25, the others are in the 50's

Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Umm, you do realize it was a 13-13 game with less than 5 minutes left in the game. And it was a INT, and turnover on downs inside the 10 yard line to make 2 quick (meaningless) scores to make the score the 30-13.
Filthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
Umm, you do realize it was a 13-13 game with less than 5 minutes left in the game. And it was a INT, and turnover on downs inside the 10 yard line to make 2 quick (meaningless) scores to make the score the 30-13.
They won by 17 right?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

It's irrelevant guys. National Championship is going to involve 'Bama. If 2 of the top 3 lose, it will happen. History seems to favor some end of year BCS havoc. I'd love to see Oregon vs. Bama.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

i have been an ND hater for as long as I can remember (since 4th grade i think). A few years ago they even stole the coach from my alma mater (Cincinnati) and gutshot our football momentum. They always seem to play "safe" big games and then a bunch of nobodies. Until this year.

So yeah, i have a lot of history with hating the Irish.

that being said, i think until they lose, they deserve one of the top 2 spots.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
It's irrelevant guys. National Championship is going to involve 'Bama. If 2 of the top 3 lose, it will happen. History seems to favor some end of year BCS havoc. I'd love to see Oregon vs. Bama.
And that's the thing, 2 of the top 3 teams won't lose this year. The Championship game will be between 2 undefeated teams.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
ND strength of schedule is I believe 25, the others are in the 50's
Is that counting the rest of the year???
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote