Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Redemption Question

So I have been waiting for a couple of months now on some Panini redemptions of my PC. He has signed other products but these haven't been filled yet. Does the player when to sign the product or is Panini just taking their slow arse time with getting them together and shipped?
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm thinking its Panini being slow, I'm waiting on autos from Rookies&Stars, yet there are live autos in new products of Coleman
jdin8455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Idk what players you are waiting on but I'm still waiting on Kyle Rudolph, Ryan Williams and Marcell Dareus for a set I'm trying to complete. I called them two days ago and they said they just received a bunch of stuff from Rudolph and those should be shipping out after thanksgiving. They said they are currently working to get all football done to the best of their ability so they can move on to other products they have redemps in. They said ryan Williams is usually good about signing but Marcell Dareus has been pretty bad about it.

Don't these players sign some sort of contract before they have cards produced saying that they will sign cards? It's ridiculous that I've been waiting nearly a year for Dareus to sign his stuff. He seems extremely lazy. I realize playing professional football is very time consuming but he could have done it in the off season.

How do these guys get away with not honoring a contract they have signed?
Cardcollector08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

I sent an email to David about my Brian Rolle redemptions, to which I got told that because of my email they figured out the cards were ready to go!
bucknut27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut27 View Post
I sent an email to David about my Brian Rolle redemptions, to which I got told that because of my email they figured out the cards were ready to go!
I got that same email about a month ago and none of them have been updated.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

but goes both ways... some products are produced and held then others get released before like with Brock Lesnar and topps... he signed his Finest UFC autos but didnt sign his knockout autos...and Knockout came out first...
Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardcollector08 View Post

Don't these players sign some sort of contract before they have cards produced saying that they will sign cards? It's ridiculous that I've been waiting nearly a year for Dareus to sign his stuff. He seems extremely lazy. I realize playing professional football is very time consuming but he could have done it in the off season.

How do these guys get away with not honoring a contract they have signed?
See Julio Jones and Dexter McCluster, it isn't worth enough to them to sign. The Card companies can lodge formal complaint with NFLPA (which Panini already did with Julio's case). I am speculating here, but I think they might have hold harmless agreements in the contracts for the players so if they don't sign they can't be sued. I would also speculate that these player's agents have put some thoughts in their heads that they're worth more per autograph than they're being paid (which wouldn't surprise me at all).

It sucks for collectors, but it sucks for the companies too. They look bad because some dumb jock thinks his #@#@#@#@ doesn't stink and he needs $75-$100 per autograph instead of $10-$15 per for a huge quantity.

As for Gator, just be a little patient. If you really want the card, just wait for it..
Andrew Luck

Last edited by HBMC; 11-17-2012 at 12:07 PM.
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote