Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

1) He's a senior.
2) He's a scrub.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Denard Robinson

Touted as a potential Heisman candidate, Robinson has been pretty abysmal since his freshman season. Given that he was replaced by Devin Gardner, do you think he returns for his senior season, declares for the draft, or tries to transfer.

In today's game, he is already seen time in the backfield and at wide receiver. Does he have any chance to be a QB at the next level, or will he need to switch positions?

Furthermore, does Devin Gardner have a chance at either position? He was pretty impressive when he converted to a wideout, but I like what he has done the past few weeks for the Michigan offense.

Cheers
runrickyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrickyrun View Post
Touted as a potential Heisman candidate, Robinson has been pretty abysmal since his freshman season. Given that he was replaced by Devin Gardner, do you think he returns for his senior season, declares for the draft, or tries to transfer.

In today's game, he is already seen time in the backfield and at wide receiver. Does he have any chance to be a QB at the next level, or will he need to switch positions?

Furthermore, does Devin Gardner have a chance at either position? He was pretty impressive when he converted to a wideout, but I like what he has done the past few weeks for the Michigan offense.

Cheers
I think his best chance is to switch to a return man/WR for the NFL, ala Randle El.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Armanti Erwards.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Josh Cribbs
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrickyrun View Post

Cheers
I went to Michigan and have watched all Michigan games pretty closely. I am actually not particularly impressed with Gardner is a wide out AT THIS POINT. Runs horrible routes, doesn't know how to shift gears to balls not thrown perfectly. He does have potential though. I don't see him as an NFL level quarterback either.

I don't think anybody, even the most devout Denard fans (I count myself as one of them) sees him as an NFL quarterback. I think he would be a great scat-back/wide receiver/punt returner in the mode of Randall Cobb or Devin Hester. The problem is that he is prone to injury, he needs to learn how to protect his body better.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
I went to Michigan and have watched all Michigan games pretty closely. I am actually not particularly impressed with Gardner is a wide out AT THIS POINT. Runs horrible routes, doesn't know how to shift gears to balls not thrown perfectly. He does have potential though. I don't see him as an NFL level quarterback either.

I don't think anybody, even the most devout Denard fans (I count myself as one of them) sees him as an NFL quarterback. I think he would be a great scat-back/wide receiver/punt returner in the mode of Randall Cobb or Devin Hester. The problem is that he is prone to injury, he needs to learn how to protect his body better.
I agree with Gardner at wideout - very raw, but the potential to develop is there. I worry that he becomes the starting QB at Michigan and loses a year to refine his receiving.

I know a couple Michigan athletes who've worked out alongside Robinson - apparently he is a tireless worker and has a good attitude. You want to see guys like this succeed, but I think the bar was set too high for him. I don't see him as a Josh Cribbs (he is way too lean), but I think the Armanti Edwards comparison is fair. I think he would be more of a gimmick player ala Tim Tebow this season.
runrickyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Denard is already a senior.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

No way in hell he's a QB in the NFL. The lions will take him as a return man
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
1) He's a senior.
2) He's a scrub.

dang, didnt have to put ohio state in your sig to know you were a fan. go blue!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Denard is a senior so its NFL or nothing. Although it will be tough for him to make it, all it will take is one team to fall in love with him in the draft. I really hope he doesnt end up like Pat White in that a team tries to make him a wildcat qb. Also, Devin could be a good wideout if he really worked at it. He is tall and understands getting the ball at its highest point. But he is still raw at this point. I think he'll play qb next year though if morris is not especially impressive.
CBlue is offline   Reply With Quote