Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   TrueDuckFan (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/400149-trueduckfan.html)

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 08:51 PM

TrueDuckFan

All I can say is Oregon better win this one. This is the SUPER BOWL!

I also called Stanford in Haiku's thread, so if it happens, remember I said it first :D

fullmetal 11-17-2012 09:18 PM

Stanford and Baylor win.

If only Ole Miss hadn't blown it.

mgugs46 11-17-2012 09:31 PM

Well Baylor is up 28-7 now. Hopefully they hold on to win. I don't see Stanford holding off Oregon all night. Though with ND's blowout win today, I'd love for both teams to lose.

freethrowtommy 11-17-2012 10:18 PM

Stanford got #@#@#@#@ed on the PI call.

freethrowtommy 11-17-2012 10:31 PM

Ruh Roh raggy.

cdub6238 11-17-2012 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3658876]Stanford and Baylor win.

If only Ole Miss hadn't blown it.[/QUOTE]

Am i missing something?

what exactly did Ole Miss blow??

LSU was #7 in BCS..so them losing wouldve done what ecactly?

if your hoping for some FSU luck...keep praying. In that regards your still behind pretty much the entire SEC

Could be interesting...Oregon holds on fora win, ND wins next week...

All those people saying how Oregon would torch any defense..better be getting a dose of reality from this staunch Stanford D. ND or Bama wont be a joke either

fullmetal 11-17-2012 10:41 PM

Ole Miss had LSU's number. LSU won in the final minutes.

I always hope FSU can get higher up the list.

USC beats ND next week.

Bama and UGA - someone loses

Today was another dose of reality that Bama has kept the entire SEC higher than they should be. UGA, UF, USC again struggled to win. This week against middle school teams.

cdub6238 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3659270]Ole Miss had LSU's number. LSU won in the final minutes.

I always hope FSU can get higher up the list.

USC beats ND next week.

Bama and UGA - someone loses

Today was another dose of reality that Bama has kept the entire SEC higher than they should be. UGA, UF, USC again struggled to win. This week against middle school teams.[/QUOTE]

ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Yes, they should have beaten LSU..but what would that have accomplished for you/your argument?

Georgia struggled to win? yeah it was 17-7 at half...but i dont think 45-14 is "struggling" to win :confused:

also..i hate sticking up for Florida..but you do realize Driskell wasnt playing correct?

please..try to be informed if your going to try and make some kind of argument.

speaking of middle school teams..who exactly did FSU play today? oh thats right..a Maryland team that routinely allows 24+ points per game...they only beat William and Mary 7-6..let that sink in before you want to talk about the SEC teams playing "middle school" teams :confused:

fullmetal 11-17-2012 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=cdub6238;3659325]ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Yes, they should have beaten LSU..but what would that have accomplished for you/your argument?

:[/QUOTE]

I like major underdogs winning it. Ole Miss had command and gave it up in the fourth. I didn't have an argument. If I did, tell me. I like underdogs winning.

UGA, USC and UF should have won by over 60 each. I honestly believe that Bama has kept these teams (by association) higher than they should be. UF's offense stinks WHEN driskell plays.

Maryland has a top 30 defense (total points allowed) and top 15 (total yards allowed) this season. (Better than Oklahoma, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc, etc, etc)

Who is the uninformed one?

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=cdub6238;3659325]ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Georgia struggled to win? yeah it was 17-7 at half...but i dont think 45-14 is "struggling" to win :confused:

also..i hate sticking up for Florida..but you do realize Driskell wasnt playing correct?

please..try to be informed if your going to try and make some kind of argument.

speaking of middle school teams..who exactly did FSU play today? oh thats right..a Maryland team that routinely allows 24+ points per game...they only beat William and Mary 7-6..let that sink in before you want to talk about the SEC teams playing "middle school" teams :confused:[/QUOTE]

Florida won 27-0, not sure how that's a struggle without our starting QB, it sure is a lot better than last week. Metal is hoping that somehow FSU can get into the title hunt, too bad his team is staring up 6 SEC team's arses.

cdub6238 11-17-2012 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3659342]I like major underdogs winning it. Ole Miss had command and gave it up in the fourth.

UGA, USC and UF should have won by over 60 each. I honestly believe that Bama has kept these teams (by association) higher than they should be.

Maryland has a top 30 defense this season.

Who is the uneducated one?[/QUOTE]

i fully understand that part of your argument..and i also agree with it.

However i do not understand the rest..nor agree

fullmetal 11-17-2012 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=GatorBoyInTN;3659347]Florida won 27-0, not sure how that's a struggle without our starting QB, it sure is a lot better than last week. Metal is hoping that somehow FSU can get into the title hunt, too bad his team is staring up 6 SEC team's arses.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect a shot at the title game. I do expect FSU to win 41-17 next week at home against UF. I then take my finals in Gainesville on Dec. 8. I can't go into that dealing with gooter chatter.

I think Clemson destroys USC. I am glad FSU doesn't play Clemson next week.

UGA owns GT, but GT's offense is always scary. Never know with them.

LSU and Bama should play for the title. (assuming ND loses next week and if Stanford can win tonight)

fullmetal 11-17-2012 11:10 PM

Laying on top of a player while in the end zone?

Does that mean if you catch it in the endzone and the opposition catches you and carries you out of the endzone then it is 'no score'?

If you only need possession while past the goalline, then it should be a TD.

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3659423]Laying on top of a player while in the end zone?

Does that mean if you catch it in the endzone and the opposition catches you and carries you out of the endzone then it is 'no score'?[/QUOTE]

I had to switch it over to Spongebob, my son wanted to go to bed and thats all he watches. Im watching on ESPN gamecast. What did I miss.

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 11:12 PM

Touchdown Stanford!!!

fullmetal 11-17-2012 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=GatorBoyInTN;3659429]I had to switch it over to Spongebob, my son wanted to go to bed and thats all he watches. Im watching on ESPN gamecast. What did I miss.[/QUOTE]

Overturned. TD was called.

Stanford WR catches the ball. He falls and lands on the Oregon DB (elevated off the ground) and while the Oregon guy rolls he rolls the Stanford WR out of bounds.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.

mgugs46 11-17-2012 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=GatorBoyInTN;3659440]Touchdown Stanford!!![/QUOTE]

Come on Stanford! ND soon to be #1 :)!

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3659453]Overturned. TD was called.

Stanford WR catches the ball. He falls and lands on the Oregon DB (elevated off the ground) and while the Oregon guy rolls he rolls the Stanford WR out of bounds.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.[/QUOTE]

Good question. I forget the NCAA rule of "forced out". It would have to be a judgement call based on if the NCAA has a force out rule. I get the NCAA and NFL rules mixed up all the time lol. I think NCAA has a force out rule, therefore I would say it wouldn't be a td, but I may be wrong.

nuccionino 11-17-2012 11:16 PM

He did touch the grass with possession of the ball. ESPN showed a zoomed-in shot.

bigbluecolt93 11-17-2012 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3659453]Overturned. TD was called.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.[/QUOTE]

I feel like that would be the case, as having possession in the end zone on a catch when you're in the air is not a touchdown unless you get a foot down.

MI Rob 11-17-2012 11:17 PM

Please win Stanford.

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 11:18 PM

What a weak PI call.

fullmetal 11-17-2012 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=nuccionino;3659466]He did touch the grass with possession of the ball. ESPN showed a zoomed-in shot.[/QUOTE]

Had he not, would it have been a TD? Since he did have possession while in the end zone, he was simply on top of the opposing player.

Were they simply looking to see if he had possession while inbounds?

mgugs46 11-17-2012 11:18 PM

On a side note someone said in another thread that there was no way ND could stop oregons high powered offense. If Stanford can do it in Oregon, ND can.

GatorBoyInTN 11-17-2012 11:19 PM

Well Oregon's kicker is terrible, that's the only good news right now.