Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default TrueDuckFan

All I can say is Oregon better win this one. This is the SUPER BOWL!

I also called Stanford in Haiku's thread, so if it happens, remember I said it first
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Stanford and Baylor win.

If only Ole Miss hadn't blown it.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,318
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Well Baylor is up 28-7 now. Hopefully they hold on to win. I don't see Stanford holding off Oregon all night. Though with ND's blowout win today, I'd love for both teams to lose.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22,451
Default

Stanford got #@#@#@#@ed on the PI call.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22,451
Default

Ruh Roh raggy.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Stanford and Baylor win.

If only Ole Miss hadn't blown it.
Am i missing something?

what exactly did Ole Miss blow??

LSU was #7 in BCS..so them losing wouldve done what ecactly?

if your hoping for some FSU luck...keep praying. In that regards your still behind pretty much the entire SEC

Could be interesting...Oregon holds on fora win, ND wins next week...

All those people saying how Oregon would torch any defense..better be getting a dose of reality from this staunch Stanford D. ND or Bama wont be a joke either
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Ole Miss had LSU's number. LSU won in the final minutes.

I always hope FSU can get higher up the list.

USC beats ND next week.

Bama and UGA - someone loses

Today was another dose of reality that Bama has kept the entire SEC higher than they should be. UGA, UF, USC again struggled to win. This week against middle school teams.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Ole Miss had LSU's number. LSU won in the final minutes.

I always hope FSU can get higher up the list.

USC beats ND next week.

Bama and UGA - someone loses

Today was another dose of reality that Bama has kept the entire SEC higher than they should be. UGA, UF, USC again struggled to win. This week against middle school teams.
ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Yes, they should have beaten LSU..but what would that have accomplished for you/your argument?

Georgia struggled to win? yeah it was 17-7 at half...but i dont think 45-14 is "struggling" to win

also..i hate sticking up for Florida..but you do realize Driskell wasnt playing correct?

please..try to be informed if your going to try and make some kind of argument.

speaking of middle school teams..who exactly did FSU play today? oh thats right..a Maryland team that routinely allows 24+ points per game...they only beat William and Mary 7-6..let that sink in before you want to talk about the SEC teams playing "middle school" teams
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Yes, they should have beaten LSU..but what would that have accomplished for you/your argument?

:
I like major underdogs winning it. Ole Miss had command and gave it up in the fourth. I didn't have an argument. If I did, tell me. I like underdogs winning.

UGA, USC and UF should have won by over 60 each. I honestly believe that Bama has kept these teams (by association) higher than they should be. UF's offense stinks WHEN driskell plays.

Maryland has a top 30 defense (total points allowed) and top 15 (total yards allowed) this season. (Better than Oklahoma, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc, etc, etc)

Who is the uninformed one?
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-18-2012 at 12:02 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
ok..im still struggling to find your logic and/or argument about Ole Miss blowing it.

Yes, they should have beaten LSU..but what would that have accomplished for you/your argument?

Georgia struggled to win? yeah it was 17-7 at half...but i dont think 45-14 is "struggling" to win

also..i hate sticking up for Florida..but you do realize Driskell wasnt playing correct?

please..try to be informed if your going to try and make some kind of argument.

speaking of middle school teams..who exactly did FSU play today? oh thats right..a Maryland team that routinely allows 24+ points per game...they only beat William and Mary 7-6..let that sink in before you want to talk about the SEC teams playing "middle school" teams
Florida won 27-0, not sure how that's a struggle without our starting QB, it sure is a lot better than last week. Metal is hoping that somehow FSU can get into the title hunt, too bad his team is staring up 6 SEC team's arses.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I like major underdogs winning it. Ole Miss had command and gave it up in the fourth.

UGA, USC and UF should have won by over 60 each. I honestly believe that Bama has kept these teams (by association) higher than they should be.

Maryland has a top 30 defense this season.

Who is the uneducated one?
i fully understand that part of your argument..and i also agree with it.

However i do not understand the rest..nor agree
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Florida won 27-0, not sure how that's a struggle without our starting QB, it sure is a lot better than last week. Metal is hoping that somehow FSU can get into the title hunt, too bad his team is staring up 6 SEC team's arses.
I don't expect a shot at the title game. I do expect FSU to win 41-17 next week at home against UF. I then take my finals in Gainesville on Dec. 8. I can't go into that dealing with gooter chatter.

I think Clemson destroys USC. I am glad FSU doesn't play Clemson next week.

UGA owns GT, but GT's offense is always scary. Never know with them.

LSU and Bama should play for the title. (assuming ND loses next week and if Stanford can win tonight)
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Laying on top of a player while in the end zone?

Does that mean if you catch it in the endzone and the opposition catches you and carries you out of the endzone then it is 'no score'?

If you only need possession while past the goalline, then it should be a TD.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-18-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: possession
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Laying on top of a player while in the end zone?

Does that mean if you catch it in the endzone and the opposition catches you and carries you out of the endzone then it is 'no score'?
I had to switch it over to Spongebob, my son wanted to go to bed and thats all he watches. Im watching on ESPN gamecast. What did I miss.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Touchdown Stanford!!!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I had to switch it over to Spongebob, my son wanted to go to bed and thats all he watches. Im watching on ESPN gamecast. What did I miss.
Overturned. TD was called.

Stanford WR catches the ball. He falls and lands on the Oregon DB (elevated off the ground) and while the Oregon guy rolls he rolls the Stanford WR out of bounds.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,318
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Touchdown Stanford!!!
Come on Stanford! ND soon to be #1
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Overturned. TD was called.

Stanford WR catches the ball. He falls and lands on the Oregon DB (elevated off the ground) and while the Oregon guy rolls he rolls the Stanford WR out of bounds.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.
Good question. I forget the NCAA rule of "forced out". It would have to be a judgement call based on if the NCAA has a force out rule. I get the NCAA and NFL rules mixed up all the time lol. I think NCAA has a force out rule, therefore I would say it wouldn't be a td, but I may be wrong.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

He did touch the grass with possession of the ball. ESPN showed a zoomed-in shot.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Overturned. TD was called.

Stanford WR catches the ball. He falls and lands on the Oregon DB (elevated off the ground) and while the Oregon guy rolls he rolls the Stanford WR out of bounds.

Makes me wonder (if the officials require you to catch and touch the endzone), then what happens if a WR leaps for a ball, catches it in the endzone, but two DBs catch him and carry him out of bounds. Is that a TD, if he never touches the grass of the endzone? Serious question.
I feel like that would be the case, as having possession in the end zone on a catch when you're in the air is not a touchdown unless you get a foot down.
__________________
Proud fan of all teams from Indiana
bigbluecolt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
MI Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,708
Default

Please win Stanford.
__________________
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

What a weak PI call.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
He did touch the grass with possession of the ball. ESPN showed a zoomed-in shot.
Had he not, would it have been a TD? Since he did have possession while in the end zone, he was simply on top of the opposing player.

Were they simply looking to see if he had possession while inbounds?
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,318
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

On a side note someone said in another thread that there was no way ND could stop oregons high powered offense. If Stanford can do it in Oregon, ND can.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,135
Default

Well Oregon's kicker is terrible, that's the only good news right now.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.