Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Just filed a claim, the seller failed to refund me today as promised.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Kick his ass seabass

Doesn't he know who you are?

Don't mess with the Haiku man, who's got their torches and pitchforks ready? Let's get this fool
Old 11-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Kick his ass seabass

Doesn't he know who you are?

Don't mess with the Haiku man, who's got their torches and pitchforks ready? Let's get this fool
Let's take a deep breath and relax here. Seller will refund you as promised. The seller bought this card from another outstanding member on here so you can stop the accusations and name calling. Unfortunately our hobby has hurt a lot of respectable collectors so before you start labeling people, understand that not everyone is a crook.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
Let's take a deep breath and relax here. Seller will refund you as promised. The seller bought this card from another outstanding member on here so you can stop the accusations and name calling. Unfortunately our hobby has hurt a lot of respectable collectors so before you start labeling people, understand that not everyone is a crook.
cracking a slab, trimming a card, then to resell it without any mention of these issues, and then not send a refund when you said you would is okay in your book?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've been in touch with the seller and as I've stated before it seems as He was also a victim of other foul play and I believe the seller had nothing to do with this. Yet it's very easy to tell the card is trimmed when you have it in a one touch and it has lot of wiggle room.
I"m not accusing the seller by any means of altering the card since another member have provided some info to me on who could have been the source of trimming this card.
But I do believe the seller had to know the card was trimmed yet failed to mention it to me.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
cracking a slab, trimming a card, then to resell it without any mention of these issues, and then not send a refund when you said you would is okay in your book?
Of course not, but the seller who sold this to Haiku never had it when it was slabbed. Cards can get passed around many times before bad things are noticed. Take a step back and try to listen to all the details first. It's difficult to really know EVERYTHING about a card and what the trail is.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been in touch with the seller and as I've stated before it seems as He was also a victim of other foul play and I believe the seller had nothing to do with this. Yet it's very easy to tell the card is trimmed when you have it in a one touch and it has lot of wiggle room.
I"m not accusing the seller by any means of altering the card since another member have provided some info to me on who could have been the source of trimming this card.
But I do believe the seller had to know the card was trimmed yet failed to mention it to me.
I saw the card myself, and never thought it was trimmed. I know the seller who sold it to you well, plus the previous two sellers, and all are outstanding members on BO. Just goes to show how hard it is to see these things.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I saw the card myself, and never thought it was trimmed. I know the seller who sold it to you well, plus the previous two sellers, and all are outstanding members on BO. Just goes to show how hard it is to see these things.
I understand that you are friends with the seller and you like to defend him.
But as you can see from the pics you can clearly tell the card is trimmed and I just don't see how someone can miss that.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He very well may not have known. But I take Haiku at his word, promised to refund, no refund. If the seller needed a day or two to get money into PP I would be shocked if Haiku would not have accepted that.

One thing to sell a trimmed card and not known it, could easily happen to me. But promise refund today and not refund? Not cool.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand that you are friends with the seller and you like to defend him.
But as you can see from the pics you can clearly tell the card is trimmed and I just don't see how someone can miss that.
Not disagreeing that it's trimmed, but the popular thing to do is to just jump on the seller and think foul play is involved. I've sent in two high end cards for grading recently that were trimmed and don't see how you can always tell from the naked eye. Any card I get in, it's not my policy to match it up with another card to check.

My point is don't just accuse the last person to have owned it as the culprit. It's plausible that these things get passed on longer than they should without anyone knowing.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
He very well may not have known. But I take Haiku at his word, promised to refund, no refund. If the seller needed a day or two to get money into PP I would be shocked if Haiku would not have accepted that.

One thing to sell a trimmed card and not known it, could easily happen to me. But promise refund today and not refund? Not cool.
I have received a refund but it's pending until Friday to clear payment.
I just don't see why the refund is being held if the other party has funds in the account. I don't buy it for a minute that the seller was unaware of the card being trimmed,when in a one touch you can tell it has too much room and the seller also forgot to mention the dings on the upper left of the corner.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Not disagreeing that it's trimmed, but the popular thing to do is to just jump on the seller and think foul play is involved. I've sent in two high end cards for grading recently that were trimmed and don't see how you can always tell from the naked eye. Any card I get in, it's not my policy to match it up with another card to check.

My point is don't just accuse the last person to have owned it as the culprit. It's plausible that these things get passed on longer than they should without anyone knowing.
Well if I'm going to take anyone's side right away, without 100% full details, it's going to be Haiku's, even in an argument with myself, I'd probably side with him, hahahaha
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post

It's everyone's word against another. I know the seller personally, I can't say the same for you and Haiku. Haiku has been a great member here and that's not in question, but you can't sit here and tell me that you have more reason to put all your trust into him more so than the next member who has great feedback that you've never dealt with.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

as you can see from my posts, I'm not accusing the seller of foul play,I've even stated that the seller is the victim of foul play.
I'm accusing the seller of being dishonest with the description of the card and not being specific with the condition of the card.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
as you can see from my posts, I'm not accusing the seller of foul play,I've even stated that the seller is the victim of foul play.
I'm accusing the seller of being dishonest with the description of the card and not being specific with the condition of the card.
I think he feels bad enough as it is being that he sold it at a lost to you, and now will have to eat the entire cost of the card barring a miracle. I can tell you firsthand that I've bought cards with noticeable damage and never noticed it. Stuff happens. Humans aren't perfect. This is a bad situation for all, but you at least are getting your money back.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I just don't see why the refund is being held if the other party has funds in the account. I don't buy it for a minute that the seller was unaware of the card being trimmed,when in a one touch you can tell it has too much room and the seller also forgot to mention the dings on the upper left of the corner.
On a high dollar card, you would think one would mention any dings etc. I can see how it would be easy to see it had been trimmed if it was rattling around in a 1 touch. That is concerning it was still sold and not at least compared to another card by the seller.

The fact the Haiku hasn't stated the name of the seller is impressive enough around here.

Last edited by sdoug76; 11-19-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure why you had to say he didn't give you the refund when he did. The reason why it has to clear is because now paypal has to pull the funds from his bank account, most likely because he withdrew the money. But there's no doubt you will get your money back. If you wanted to file the claim to just protect yourself, no harm in that, but in saying he didn't give a refund today as he promised, just stirs up a crowd.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I think he feels bad enough as it is being that he sold it at a lost to you, and now will have to eat the entire cost of the card barring a miracle. I can tell you firsthand that I've bought cards with noticeable damage and never noticed it. Stuff happens. Humans aren't perfect. This is a bad situation for all, but you at least are getting your money back.
Not to argue with you but why wouldn't I get my money back?
You are making it sound like I should just be glad to get the funds back?
I would never sell anyone anything damage to begin with unless I notify them upfront and if I did so and they wanted a refund I would gladly refund them right away without making them wait for me to refund them.
If the payment was made instantly,the refunds should be made instantly as well. I don't want to hear any excuses on that matter at all.
Like I said the seller has been very reasonable and I do not accuse of him of any foul play on the card, I just think he could've made it clear with the description and we would not be having this issue right now.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Feels bad about selling to Haiku for a loss? But if ebay bidder had paid it would have been a greater loss as Haiku paid above the ebay winning bid.

Sucks for the seller sure, but frankly seller is lucky it was Haiku that bought the trimmed card and not 99% of the other memebers on here. Outstanding memeber or not name would have been posted and chaos for sure.

Last edited by sdoug76; 11-19-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not sure why you had to say he didn't give you the refund when he did. The reason why it has to clear is because now paypal has to pull the funds from his bank account, most likely because he withdrew the money. But there's no doubt you will get your money back. If you wanted to file the claim to just protect yourself, no harm in that, but in saying he didn't give a refund today as he promised, just stirs up a crowd.
Also I even offered to pay above the ebay sale on the card so I don't think he took a loss on that aspect.
I gave the seller 24hrs and he didn't refund me in 24hrs so I filed a claim to protect my self.Once again I know you want to defend your friend but you have to see it form my POV as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Not to argue with you but why wouldn't I get my money back?
You are making it sound like I should just be glad to get the funds back?
I would never sell anyone anything damage to begin with unless I notify them upfront and if I did so and they wanted a refund I would gladly refund them right away without making them wait for me to refund them.
If the payment was made instantly,the refunds should be made instantly as well. I don't want to hear any excuses on that matter at all.
Like I said the seller has been very reasonable and I do not accuse of him of any foul play on the card, I just think he could've made it clear with the description and we would not be having this issue right now.
No actually I said this situation sucks for everyone involved, but this thread only serves to trash on the seller when not everything was considered. Did he miss some damage on the card? Sure, but it was an honest mistake. I guess it's too hard for people to be more understanding of that.

I'll just make it clear for you Haiku- I'm defending the seller but I do sympathize with you too. Youve got to wait for your money to get back to you and it's a hassle.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No actually I said this situation sucks for everyone involved, but this thread only serves to trash on the seller when not everything was considered. Did he miss some damage on the card? Sure, but it was an honest mistake. I guess it's too hard for people to be more understanding of that.

I'll just make it clear for you Haiku- I'm defending the seller but I do sympathize with you too. Youve got to wait for your money to get back to you and it's a hassle.
No one even knows who the seller is due to Haiku calling them out by name. Haiku has warned the site of the card, never once calling the member out by name. 99% of the site would have made a thread about XXXXX being a scammer and having an internet war. All Haiku is saying that the card was noticeably altered and the seller should have been aware, as well as tell him that there were dings on the card. I think Haiku has handled it very proper, considering the amount and desire of the card.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #48 (permalink)

To clear the Paypal thing up if I recall. If the funds Haiku sent to the seller have all been used or taken out of the sellers Paypal account. They now have to fund the refund using another option which if I recall takes 4-7 days. It happened to me with a member and I waited 7 days and had the money. If the funds Haiku sent were still all in the Sellers account I believe the refund would be instant. If someone can verifty this or correct me if I am wrong. This happened to me but a while back.

Kevin
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

The facts are I gave the seller 24hrs to refund me, When I could've easily filed a claim right away.
The seller have been more than reasonable to work with.
He PMed saying I was so damn impatient to file a claim and he has a life outside of cards and ect.
It's not that hard to just log on from you phone during the day and say 'Hey I'll send a refund later on this evening' and everything would have been cool.
I will say it was my mistake on filing a claim,
The refund came in at 12:18 and I filed a claim at 12:32 not knowing the refund was pending. That is completely my fault!
I've dealt with you recently and you seem like a very easy going and reasonable person to deal with and I'm sure the seller is the same as well.
I plan to deal with the seller in the future still cause I believe he had nothing to with the the card being altered but please don't give me any BS or excuses on why I wasn't contacted during the day.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:

The whole point is that this is a $1,500 card, you can't make a mistake and miss/forget to call out any damage for that amount of money.

Hell, I make sure anyone buying from me knows of every little possible issue a card I'm selling may have, no matter the price, and as the cards get more expensive, I go even crazier inspecting them.

If I ever had a card that I was selling for that amount of money, I'd go out and buy a magnifying glass to inspect every centimeter of that card to make sure any potential buyer knows exactly what they are getting, to me, that's the real issue here and I have no idea how you can make a mistake like that on a card like this.
Closed Thread