Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
To clear the Paypal thing up if I recall. If the funds Haiku sent to the seller have all been used or taken out of the sellers Paypal account. They now have to fund the refund using another option which if I recall takes 4-7 days. It happened to me with a member and I waited 7 days and had the money. If the funds Haiku sent were still all in the Sellers account I believe the refund would be instant. If someone can verifty this or correct me if I am wrong. This happened to me but a while back.

Kevin
you are correct, Kev, which is what I stated a little earlier but probably got lost in the shuffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
The facts are I gave the seller 24hrs to refund me, When I could've easily filed a claim right away.
The seller have been more than reasonable to work with.
He PMed saying I was so damn impatient to file a claim and he has a life outside of cards and ect.
It's not that hard to just log on from you phone during the day and say 'Hey I'll send a refund later on this evening' and everything would have been cool.
I will say it was my mistake on filing a claim,
The refund came in at 12:18 and I filed a claim at 12:32 not knowing the refund was pending. That is completely my fault!
I've dealt with you recently and you seem like a very easy going and reasonable person to deal with and I'm sure the seller is the same as well.
I plan to deal with the seller in the future still cause I believe he had nothing to with the the card being altered but please don't give me any BS or excuses on why I wasn't contacted during the day.
As I have said many times already, this situation sucks. I love the hobby but these are the situations that sometimes kill it for me. All I can really say is that I wish all the stupid shenanigans in the hobby would stop, but of course all it takes is 10% of the population to ruin it for the rest.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
The whole point is that this is a $1,500 card, you can't make a mistake and miss/forget to call out any damage for that amount of money.

Hell, I make sure anyone buying from me knows of every little possible issue a card I'm selling may have, no matter the price, and as the cards get more expensive, I go even crazier inspecting them.

If I ever had a card that I was selling for that amount of money, I'd go out and buy a magnifying glass to inspect every centimeter of that card to make sure any potential buyer knows exactly what they are getting, to me, that's the real issue here and I have no idea how you can make a mistake like that on a card like this.
Ok then. you're a better and more thorough collector than us all. God forbid any collector making any mistake in a deal.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
Ok then. you're a better and more thorough collector than us all. God forbid any collector making any mistake in a deal.
Don't pay to much attention to others since I'm the one that is directly involved with the seller,
It's my fault,I should've been more patient and none of this would've happened.
Like I told the seller miscommunication lead to all this.
He and I both made a mistake.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't pay to much attention to others since I'm the one that is directly involved with the seller,
It's my fault,I should've been more patient and none of this would've happened.
Like I told the seller miscommunication lead to all this.
He and I both made a mistake.
I agree on the miscommunication, but I don't fault anyone on this but the person who trimmed the card, who we most likely never find. Whoever that is, thanks for ruining an awesome card. I guess the print run is now 98 or less, since some were probably never even redeemed.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Ill buy everyone a beer once I get back to the mainland. Maybe everyone will be happier!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
I agree on the miscommunication, but I don't fault anyone on this but the person who trimmed the card, who we most likely never find. Whoever that is, thanks for ruining an awesome card. I guess the print run is now 98 or less, since some were probably never even redeemed.
I have a pretty good idea on who trimmed the card
I won't accuse anyone until I have all the facts but numerous fellow members have sent me links that leads to one person.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a pretty good idea on who trimmed the card
I won't accuse anyone until I have all the facts but numerous fellow members have sent me links that leads to one person.
Do tell.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
I once owned this card. Bought it for like $1,525 in in an off ebay deal. Card came and had major flaws - dinged lower right I believe plus edge marks on back. I sold it to Idol (aka rookiesonly99). I know that he then had it slabbed "authentic" by BGS and was selling it on ebay as BGS. So whoever bought it from him then busted it out of the case and/or possibly altered it. Here are my pics:

Attachment 112450

Attachment 112453

Attachment 112454

Here is a scan of it when I had it slabbed by BGS as Authentic with a 10 Auto.

As you can see it wasn't trimmed when I had it otherwise it would be slabbed like this:

Michael Jordan 1986 87 Fleer RC 57 Authentic Rookie BGS Altered Holy Grail MJ | eBay