Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Vincesanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belton, Texas
Posts: 1,727
Default

You're forgetting A&M playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Timing of the loss.

Tomorrow:
1 ND
2 Bama
3 UGA
4 UF
5 USC
6 LSU
7 KSU
8 Oregon
9 FSU
10 Clemson

USC beat ND, dropping them because of the timing of the loss
Bama beats Auburn (wish they didn't) and UGA
FSU beats UF (I'm biased, but I believe I'm right)
Clemson beats USC (mixed. I was born in Columbia while my dad was at USC)

Due to the timing, LSU will move up to 2 with Bama at 1.
__________________
******BUYING LUCK, MALLETT, OSWEILER TOPPS CHROME BASE & COLOR******
Vincesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
so...you dont see the chance...that Oregon beats a ranked (Or St) team next week...

and while those SEC teams sit idle (besides Bama/UGA)..and BEATS a ranked (UCLA) team in the Pac 12 championship game...

they dont have a chance to jump over the idle teams and improve their standing?

thats..odd logic
That win would improve their SOS, but it still wouldn't match up with that of the SEC teams.
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Bama plays a tougher schedule, so that point is moot.
6th versus 9th?

College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating

2nd vs 5th?

2012 NCAA Division IA Football Power Ratings

53 versus 67?

Phil Steele
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,563
Default

Yes,
6>9
2>5
Thanks for that. Was too lazy to look it up.
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Yes,
6>9
2>5
Thanks for that. Was too lazy to look it up.
so your saying..because they are 2-3 "spots" better in terms of SOS ranks..the argument is moot...

did you even look at the numbers to realize exactly how close they are?

your just making yourself look more ignorant with each post...
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
so your saying..because they are 2-3 "spots" better in terms of SOS ranks..the argument is moot...

did you even look at the numbers to realize exactly how close they are?

your just making yourself look more ignorant with each post...
You're allowed to disagree with me. You don't have to call me ignorant, because I'm anything but that. I didn't say they weren't close. Alabama is still on top. Alabama will be higher in the "human" polls. It doesn't matter if it's close, what does matter is who's number 1 and 2.
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

1: ND..clear cut no doubt about it..should be as close to .9999 as possible

2: Bama...~.967

3: UGA...~.916

4: Fla...~.857

5: Oregon..~.842

6: LSU...~.814
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
1: ND..clear cut no doubt about it..should be as close to .9999 as possible

2: Bama...~.967

3: UGA...~.916

4: Fla...~.857

5: Oregon..~.842

6: LSU...~.814

That sounds very possible, and close to what I was thinking. Why were we debating in the first place?
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
That sounds very possible, and close to what I was thinking. Why were we debating in the first place?
you originally said that Oregon would be behind every one of the 1 loss SEC teams and not have a chance to pass them...

I dont see Oregon dropping to more than 5th/6th in the AP poll...

Same for the Harris Poll...Oregon was #1..and i dont see the dropping below 5th or 6th even with that loss...

Meanwhile...

Florida was #7 in Harris poll...7th in USA Today..i dont see them gaining much

LSU was even worse..8th i both polls, as well as the computer rankings (at least Fla was in the top 4 in computer rankings)

sorry for saying you sounded ignorant...hard to detect tone/attitude through typing and i tend to react quickly w/o thinking sometimes
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
you originally said that Oregon would be behind every one of the 1 loss SEC teams and not have a chance to pass them...

I dont see Oregon dropping to more than 5th/6th in the AP poll...

Same for the Harris Poll...Oregon was #1..and i dont see the dropping below 5th or 6th even with that loss...

Meanwhile...

Florida was #7 in Harris poll...7th in USA Today..i dont see them gaining much

LSU was even worse..8th i both polls, as well as the computer rankings (at least Fla was in the top 4 in computer rankings)

sorry for saying you sounded ignorant...hard to detect tone/attitude through typing and i tend to react quickly w/o thinking sometimes
LSU has 2 losses, and is out of the equation. I could see Oregon jumping South Carolina. That's what I said, and that's still how I feel.
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
LSU has 2 losses, and is out of the equation. I could see Oregon jumping South Carolina. That's what I said, and that's still how I feel.
USC's stats are even worse than that of LSU's..in accordance with the BCS standings...

Harris Poll: Fla 7, LSU 8, AM 10, USC 11
AP: Fla 7, LSU 8, AM 10, USC 11
Computers: Fla (mostly 3), LSU (mostly 7), AM (mostly 8), USC (8th-10th)

i just dont see Oregon falling that low in ALL of those categories after this one loss..to the #13 team in the nation and BCS..to be behind all of those SEC teams.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
armyatc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Army wants me to live
Posts: 18,835
Default

The biggest game next week outside of USC vs ND is the Florida vs FSU game. That win can give them a huge boost in the rankings...yes they don't play in the SEC champ game but LSU didn't either last year.

Also Oregon still has to play the beavers this week too and that's not going to be a duck walk at all..... This is what college football is all about!!! No matter what if ND wins they are in the title game.
__________________
1st ever BLOWOUTCARDS Assassin League Champion
Currently Collecting Dolphins, Nationals, Sara Underwood, and Alabama Football Players in Alabama Uniforms
Moving to Germany September 2014
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
armyatc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Army wants me to live
Posts: 18,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Timing of the loss.

Tomorrow:
1 ND
2 Bama
3 UGA
4 UF
5 USC
6 LSU
7 KSU
8 Oregon
9 FSU
10 Clemson

USC beat ND, dropping them because of the timing of the loss
Bama beats Auburn (wish they didn't) and UGA
FSU beats UF (I'm biased, but I believe I'm right)
Clemson beats USC (mixed. I was born in Columbia while my dad was at USC)

Due to the timing, LSU will move up to 2 with Bama at 1.


Where is Texas A&M?
__________________
1st ever BLOWOUTCARDS Assassin League Champion
Currently Collecting Dolphins, Nationals, Sara Underwood, and Alabama Football Players in Alabama Uniforms
Moving to Germany September 2014
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
The biggest game next week outside of USC vs ND is the Florida vs FSU game. That win can give them a huge boost in the rankings...yes they don't play in the SEC champ game but LSU didn't either last year.

Also Oregon still has to play the beavers this week too and that's not going to be a duck walk at all..... This is what college football is all about!!! No matter what if ND wins they are in the title game.
que?

i think you meant Bama, not LSU...

but that had more to do with the timing of the losses..just like this years Bama team has a chance to do again.

Bama lost early (compared to everyone else) and won out..while everyone ahead of them lost and lost and lost

I can see you trying to use that argument...only problem is there would hae to be a LOT of losing ahead of the rest of the SEC teams for it to be 2 SEC teams again.

ND would have to lose...UGA lose title game...Oregon lose next week..PLUS they have to beat a not so easy FSU team

i mean..sure its possible...but id say closer to 10% chance
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 3,038
Default

SEC championship is going to be awesome now. Both are playing for a NC appearance! I hope UGA is going to show up ready unlike the South Carolina game.
__________________
Anderdale
Anderdale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,002
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

There is no way - barring a major choke job - that ND loses to USC, they just aren't very good.

Basically the national championship is ND vs the winner of the SEC title game.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
SEC championship is going to be awesome now. Both are playing for a NC appearance! I hope UGA is going to show up ready unlike the South Carolina game.
I'll be there. I can't wait!
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
armyatc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Army wants me to live
Posts: 18,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I'll be there. I can't wait!
I want to go so bad!!! Should be a great game
__________________
1st ever BLOWOUTCARDS Assassin League Champion
Currently Collecting Dolphins, Nationals, Sara Underwood, and Alabama Football Players in Alabama Uniforms
Moving to Germany September 2014
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Shame the Noles sh*t the bed against NC State That being said, after they lump the Gators they should be movin' on up.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Where is Texas A&M?
#11

Stanford #12
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Vincesanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belton, Texas
Posts: 1,727
Default

Um ya FSU and Clemson aren't jumping A&M.
__________________
******BUYING LUCK, MALLETT, OSWEILER TOPPS CHROME BASE & COLOR******
Vincesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,750
Default

Two SEC teams will not play for the NC, you think human voters forgot about the backlash involving that situation last season? ND won't lose to USC and Alabama should beat Auburn and Georgia should beat Georgia Tech the winner plays ND for the National Championship. If ND somehow loses to USC then Oregon will be the team playing against the SEC winner, if both teams lose then it becomes total mayhem and even then I don't see two SEC teams playing for the National Championship again.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Two SEC teams will not play for the NC, you think human voters forgot about the backlash involving that situation last season? ND won't lose to USC and Alabama should beat Auburn and Georgia should beat Georgia Tech the winner plays ND for the National Championship. If ND somehow loses to USC then Oregon will be the team playing against the SEC winner, if both teams lose then it becomes total mayhem and even then I don't see two SEC teams playing for the National Championship again.
shhh..your logic isnt allowed in this thread...how dare you even try...

Oregon is going to drop all the way to 8th or worse behind allll those 1 loss SEC teams with nothing left to play for..even though they just lost to a highly ranked BCS team...

get out of here with your no sense argument

cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Where is Texas A&M?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
Um ya FSU and Clemson aren't jumping A&M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
#11

Stanford #12
Hes already been clear hes a blatant homer with no rhyme or reason so theres no sense in trying

i mean yeah sure...

Clemson and FSU beating up on powder puffs...just like AM did yesterday..is clearly enough to jump them 3-4 spots and ahead of AM

just like Stanfords win against the #1 BCS team is going to move them up an almighty 1 spot from 13th to 12th
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,254
Default

cub - yes, so outrageous. Placing my team below all those teams is just biased.

College Football - Rankings - Rivals.com
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.