Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Oh, that would play well in the LA Media. Sandbagging, regardless how tactical it is, is quite dirty.
yeah..im not one for conspiracy theories...but itd make you think at least a little bit wouldnt it?

UCLA just won a huge game against USC...and they lay an egg against Stanford...only to come back in the Pac 12 title game and win...

not saying its not dirty and that its right..and hope thats not something that would happen..

but it is a slight possibility
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsnmore29 View Post
Doesn't really matter what the numbers are the winner of the SEC championship game is going to end playing ND in the championship..and the SEC champ most likely Alabama will destroy overrated ND
Two bad offenses against two really good defenses. Neither team is getting crushed...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Two bad offenses against two really good defenses. Neither team is getting crushed...
oh your one of those guys are you

its not like Bama has one of the best run offenses in the nation or anything...but i guess because they arent all flash like Oregon they must suck...

get a grip
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
oh your one of those guys are you

its not like Bama has one of the best run offenses in the nation or anything...but i guess because they arent all flash like Oregon they must suck...

get a grip
Wow...offended much? Where in my quote did I say suck? They are both BAD offenses...get over it.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
why exactly does FSU DESERVE better rankings in the computer polls?

their schedule has been as soft if not softer than Oregon...

who have they beat exactly?

Clemson...thats about it...

you wanna talk about the creampuffs the SEC plays...how bout the almighty Murray St, Savannah St and South Florida that FSU played?

not to mention the conference powerhouses of Duke, BC and Wake Forest

your right..clearly they deserve more respect than they get
Why do you read everything that is NOT in my post? I stated why. I didn't provide an opinion nor a request.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Why do you read everything that is NOT in my post? I stated why. I didn't provide an opinion nor a request.
you stated nothing...you said the computer rankings kill them and if they had an average computer ranking theyd jump to 3 or 4 in the BCS rankings..with is pure utter homerism garbage....

they are 6h in the Harris poll..for .776
they are 5th in the Coaches poll..for .8129

IF they had an average computer ranking...of 10th or so..instead of the 15th/16th they have...it would only be good for about .618...

that would put them roughly at .735 or so...WHICH IS GOOD FOR 7th...

not 3rd or 4th that you want to think in your dreamworld

do you pay attention and actually look at the info before spouting off nonsense?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Barkley is out for the ND game.

Dammit
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Still waiting on your response. You can spout off at the mouth but then not reply. True hater.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
you stated nothing...you said the computer rankings kill them and if they had an average computer ranking theyd jump to 3 or 4 in the BCS rankings..with is pure utter homerism garbage....

they are 6h in the Harris poll..for .776
they are 5th in the Coaches poll..for .8129

IF they had an average computer ranking...of 10th or so..instead of the 15th/16th they have...it would only be good for about .618...

that would put them roughly at .735 or so...WHICH IS GOOD FOR 7th...

not 3rd or 4th that you want to think in your dreamworld

do you pay attention and actually look at the info before spouting off nonsense?
Are you blind or just slow?

The original post noted FSU at #10. I commented that the reason lies in the computer polls. That is truth.

I said if FSU had a middle of the road computer ranking (didn't say they deserve it, said if they had it) they would move up enormously.

You read everything that wasn't in my post.

FSU currently has computer ranking average of .34. If they had a middle of the road .7 to .8 (again didn't say they deserved it) they would move to 3 or 4 in the BCS.

You see my name and already run on the offensive. Read the words and quit acting like a woman on things that are not implied nor stated.

*****Before your respond, read my original post. No where did I say 'deserve' or 'earned' or anything to that definition. I stated WHY and what would happen IF. *****

HEY: FSU beats your team next weekend.

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you blind or just slow?

The original post noted FSU at #10. I commented that the reason lies in the computer polls. That is truth.

I said if FSU had a middle of the road computer ranking (didn't say they deserve it, said if they had it) they would move up enormously.

You read everything that wasn't in my post.

FSU currently has computer ranking average of .34. If they had a middle of the road .7 to .8 (again didn't say they deserved it) they would move to 3 or 4 in the BCS.

You see my name and already run on the offensive. Read the words and quit acting like a woman on things that are not implied nor stated.

*****Before your respond, read my original post. No where did I say 'deserve' or 'earned' or anything to that definition. I stated WHY and what would happen IF. *****

HEY: FSU beats your team next weekend.
no..your not that important...your the one that is either blind slow or cant comprehend.

Your posted that the computer rankings are killing them...which is not a form of "complaining/bitching"?

I said what have they done exactly to earn the respect..IE to HAVE SAID BETTER computer rankings...

then you said if they have an AVERAGE computer ranking..theyd jump to 3rd or 4th in the BCS..which is pure crap..

I even broke the numbers down for you buddy...

an "average" computer ranking of 10th would only net them .3 more points, if that...

now you want to say that a .7 or .8 in computer rankings is average??

Georgia has .820..and they range from 4th-6th...

LSU has an average of 7th in computer rankings for .750...
so im not sure where your getting your "average" number from

with that said...even if they had LSU's "average" 7th place....(.750)..that would still only put them at .761...

which guess what...is still only good for 7th as i stated earlier in my number break down..not the 3rd or 4th you want to claim...

like i said..do some research and KNOW the numbers before you make pointless assumptions
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #36 (permalink)

ANd just for further proof you have no idea what your talking about...as if thats needed..here is what you posted last night:

Tomorrow:
1 ND
2 Bama
3 UGA
4 UF
5 USC
6 LSU
7 KSU
8 Oregon
9 FSU
10 Clemson

with AM at #11..and Stanford #12...

and me:

1: ND..clear cut no doubt about it..should be as close to .9999 as possible

2: Bama...~.967

3: UGA...~.916

4: Fla...~.857

5: Oregon..~.842

6: LSU...~.814

who was even in the ballpark here?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

One team prediction switch. You win. You own the world. You still can't read.

Where will you be so I can give you a reach around? You are so mighty.

Again, you never read my first post. You assumed.

Where will you be on Saturday?

EDIT: English lesson: You are contracts to You're.

You are stupid when you use the incorrect one.

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Why is everybody swinging from Albamas sack? This will be the 2nd straight year they lost towards the end of the year but get in over other teams who won when it meant the most. I cannot wait for a playoff. I think it is crap. The BCS can go play in traffic
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

In my eyes Stanford should be ahead of Oregon because they beat them in Oregon too. This is the 1 reason I dislike college football
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
The computer rating kills FSU. If they even had an average rating they would jump to 3 or 4 in the BCS ratings.

FSU 41
UF 17
what exactly is it that i seem to be missing as you say?

computer rating kills FSU...check?

i took that as "complaining" since they are your team...so followed with a post asking what they have done to deserve a higher ranking?

yes you never said you think they deserve higher..but that is waht was inferred by me.

If they had an average computer rating they would jump to 3 or 4 in the BCS rankings....check...

again i busted out all the stats as to how this ASSUMPTION is clearly and completely wrong...

yet you dont seem to grasp that concept of how or why it is wrong...

even in your last post...you said by "average" you meant .7 or .8...which is CLEARLY not "average"...as i pointed out UGA has an average between 4th-6th and has a .8 rating for it...how the hell you consider a team ranked on average 4th-6th as "average" is still beyond me...

i even broke it down that if they had LSU (who is averaged out at 7th in computer rankings) is a .750...

even if they HAD that rating..their overall BCS rating would still put them in 7th...

how hard is it to comprehend that 7th is nowhere near 3rd or 4th as you assumed and threw out in several posts now?

i put your "rankings" from last night to show how utterly inept and clueless you are...

you had USC at 5th..and Oregon all the way down at 8th...

as well as saying AM would be 11th..and Stanford 12th

i posted my thoughts/predictions based on ACTUAL NUMBERS and not just some half assed random thought in my head

but your right..youve been proven wrong and are now resorteing to calling me stupid and giving me English lessons...good job
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher27 View Post
SEC love fest at its finest! It's not like Oregon lost to an unranked team like Kansas State. They lost to #12 Stanford. I don't think they should have fallen behind Georgia AND Florida.
Timing is everything.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #42 (permalink)

I am always surprised by how it seems to "fall into place" for the SEC. We shall see how the ACC stacks up this weekend with UF / FSU and Clem / Gamecocks. I'm expecting the ACC to win both of those games. I do think at this point of the season, Alabama is the best team in the country, followed by Georgia, then ND. I also expect to see ND lose this weekend. Should be fun games all around
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #43 (permalink)

Said it last week, and I'll say it again. The system is so rigged they'll find someway for us to get Alabama vs LSU in the Championship Game again this year. Just watch, they'll find a way to justify it.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #44 (permalink)

All the clutter in the rankings after ND shows me, is that if you are gonna lose, it's better to lose early in the season than later.
MacIrish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIrish82 View Post
All the clutter in the rankings after ND shows me, is that if you are gonna lose, it's better to lose early in the season than later.
It's been that way since the beginning of the BCS. Glad to see you finally caught on though.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #46 (permalink)

like how you guys are complaining about oregon dropping behind florida.. first off it's a loss late in the season so its a victim of timing also look at strength of schedule and the fact that florida's sole loss was to the #3 team
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
like how you guys are complaining about oregon dropping behind florida.. first off it's a loss late in the season so its a victim of timing also look at strength of schedule and the fact that florida's sole loss was to the #3 team
Hey, they have been hating all season.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Hey, they have been hating all season.
i know lol
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
i know lol
Part of being the best conference in football, people are going to hate. It's out of jealousy, but is very funny to see.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #50 (permalink)

What I think people need to bring up with ND is their conference, or lack there of. A huge deal was made about Boise St and TCU and not being in a BCS conference. What is different with ND?
mfisher27 is offline   Reply With Quote