Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Update:

I sent him this message.

Hello,

May I ask why you are returning the card? I shipped it quickly and I know it was well shipped. Please let me know. Thanks so much and hope your holiday is a good one.

He just responded

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

The card is not up to my quality standards.

Please let me know the address to return it.

Thanks,
Mike

I sent him a message saying Inception cards chip in general and I found it a bit odd at the timing of his message. He waited 5 days until after the game to ask for a refund. I encouraged him in a nice way to feel free to open a dispute to Paypal and see what they determine.
runeatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

not much use in trying to reason with the guy, he's using ebay to win........
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
This is all well and good until he throws the card on the ground, stomps on it, then files a "not as described" return though.
BUT... if you don't say anything, receive it back in normal condition THEN file with ebay, they might do something. Don't give him a reason to be more of a ####, just get it back in good condition and see where they go from there.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that, This is why I've been selling most of my cards on comc. It saves me the extra stress knowing once a card sells I don't have to worry about a buyer wanting to send it back.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ya ebay has really hurt sellers . But the only way to fix it is for us not to buy or sell on the bay. Not happing lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeatfish View Post
Update:

I sent him this message.

Hello,

May I ask why you are returning the card? I shipped it quickly and I know it was well shipped. Please let me know. Thanks so much and hope your holiday is a good one.

He just responded

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

The card is not up to my quality standards.

Please let me know the address to return it.

Thanks,
Mike

I sent him a message saying Inception cards chip in general and I found it a bit odd at the timing of his message. He waited 5 days until after the game to ask for a refund. I encouraged him in a nice way to feel free to open a dispute to Paypal and see what they determine.
Just create another account wait patiently till he sells something win the auction, mark as paid, and Neg his ass.
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #32 (permalink)

Unexpected and thankful..

Just got the message from eBay:

Hi runeatfish,

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

We decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favor. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
Based on information provided in the case, the item is not eligible for buyer protection programs. You don't need to do anything else. This won't be counted when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update in your Seller Dashboard.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

2012 Topps Inception Nick Foles 2 Color Patch Auto /50 09 of 50 Jersey Number
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wait....Did Ebay hire someone with common sense??

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Wait....Did Ebay hire someone with common sense??
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Unexpected and thankful..

Just got the message from eBay:

Hi runeatfish,

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

We decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favor. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
Based on information provided in the case, the item is not eligible for buyer protection programs. You don't need to do anything else. This won't be counted when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update in your Seller Dashboard.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

2012 Topps Inception Nick Foles 2 Color Patch Auto /50 09 of 50 Jersey Number
Awesome. Great news and congrats to you for sticking to your guns.
pcbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone ever had a case where ebay refunded the buyer but did not take it out of your paypal account? This happened to me once before. I bought a Roberto Clemente "auto signed team photo" for $130 a couple years ago. I asked how he came across the item. He said his dad got it in person in the late 60s and had got it at the game. I asked if the item came back not authenticate if I could return the item. He agreed. I got the item and it was signed, but with an auto pen. It was also creased. Paypal went with the seller and I was out the item. After pleading my case, they ended up giving me a refund. The seller got to keep the money, and I got to keep the item (its pretty much worthless though). Anyone ever have that happen? Slim to none that it will happen in this case but wanted to see who else this has happened to.
Thats happened to me before but they usually dont do that over 10-15 dollars. I guess they figure they can do 10 bucks or somethign, but money higher up they dont seem to ever do that.

Whats always had me mad about ebay is a year or so ago I sold a TJ Yates auto to a guy in Alaska, showed tracking and it got lost somewhere along the line. It actually showed it leaving my post office and getting lost somewhere along the way. Well he filed and won of course, but thats not even what got me so upset. They gave me one of those case strikes that hurts your top seller rating. I just thought that was ridiculous. What did I do wrong? And I was out 40 bucks and a case strike.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

Wow--if they actually start tackling the buyer remorse BS return requests, that's an awesome development
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Good, looks like ebay is listening to some of their customers.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #39 (permalink)

Buyers remorse for sure. A different situation but last year I pulled the cam newton spx gold spx jsy auto/25 from a box topper pack from spa product ... Sold it for 750.00 buyer emails me a week later saying the card was Miscut and he thinks I cut it( which I did not and card was mint) so he wanted a refund? Pissed me off. I had video proof of me packaging it up and pics of the card before I sent it out. Well I contacted eBay and they sided with him I told the douche to send my Dan card back and I'll refund him. Didn't hear from him for 4 days and all of a sudden I get a positive feedback from him after all the sh!t he put me through. So I'm assuming he profited off the card somehow so decided to just clOse the case. Too many shady ebayers out there.
mooney21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #40 (permalink)

Sold a card once and I didn't use dc (I ussually do) and the buyer said he never got the card, so he got a full refund,then ae month later I saw that he was selling my card!

Moral is always use dc, it just sucks that there's people like that in this world
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplaya11 View Post
Sold a card once and I didn't use dc (I ussually do) and the buyer said he never got the card, so he got a full refund,then ae month later I saw that he was selling my card!

Moral is always use dc, it just sucks that there's people like that in this world
who was this?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

Wow ... I'm very surprised. Congrats OP! Win for the little guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Diaz View Post
Just create another account wait patiently till he sells something win the auction, mark as paid, and Neg his ass.
Normally I would not condone this type of behavior ... but I do place a high value on patience ... hmm, now I'm confused
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

I spoke to my account manager awhile back about this. Seems that since the start of the new TRS requirements regarding return policies eBay is also taking note of disputes filed by buyers. Too many disputes and buyers are receiving warning letters and facing limitations. Ebay is also more likely to side with sellers when the buyer has a history of disputes, returns, or refunds.
kat_nellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #44 (permalink)

Glad it worked out for you!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #45 (permalink)

Maybe just maybe Ebay is starting to see the light.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #46 (permalink)

the buyer you outed won a bunch of Foles autos. Bet he tried this on all of them.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idol View Post
Its buyers remorse and he cannot return it to get his money back. eBay WILL back you up on this:

eBay Buyer Protection

Good Luck
This.

I shipped a jersey, he never accepted it and it was eventually sent back to me.
He emails me ranting about how I better give him a full refund including shipping.
I told him I'd either resend it out for another $9, or refund him minus shipping. His response was quite rude. He filed a claim and Ebay sided with me within 24 hours. I keep the cash and the jersey. If he had even manned up and asked for one or the other, I'd send it, but I doubt he will.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
the buyer you outed won a bunch of Foles autos. Bet he tried this on all of them.
I contacted one other and it seems he did not. This one was the most expensive one he bought.

The guy did stick me with a negative. Real cool.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
I contacted one other and it seems he did not. This one was the most expensive one he bought.

The guy did stick me with a negative. Real cool.

Not cool. I would be on the phone with eBay like now, and would keep asking for the next-level supervisor until you get someone that can spend some time with this. Seems like one of those rare cases where eBay would remove a negative.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
anyone ever had a case where ebay refunded the buyer but did not take it out of your paypal account? This happened to me once before. I bought a roberto clemente "auto signed team photo" for $130 a couple years ago. I asked how he came across the item. He said his dad got it in person in the late 60s and had got it at the game. I asked if the item came back not authenticate if i could return the item. He agreed. I got the item and it was signed, but with an auto pen. It was also creased. Paypal went with the seller and i was out the item. After pleading my case, they ended up giving me a refund. The seller got to keep the money, and i got to keep the item (its pretty much worthless though). Anyone ever have that happen? Slim to none that it will happen in this case but wanted to see who else this has happened to.
if it is a regular buyer(big spender) and a seller with a high volume and respected reputation they will refund both just to get rid of the problem. In my 2500 fdback this has happened twice and both times the buyer did end up sending my item back and we both got our money