Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Expired Redemption Cards - Kudos to Topps! Upper Deck Still Sucks!

I often post recaps of my box breaks here on the forums. I am also a very vocal critic of expired redemption cards, particularly Upper Deck's hostility toward consumers who pull such cards from old product. I thought I would post a positive story about Topps. I recently pulled two expired redemption cards from 2008 Bowman Sterling. I contacted Topps by e-mail and was ultimately told to send the cards in and that they would at least send me something if they could not fulfill the expired obligation. Kudos to Topps for showing that the customer actually matters. Upper Deck continues to remain the scourge of the industry, as they do not care about their consumers or appreciate their hard earned money. Sorry for the rant that is all!
coltssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssteve View Post
I often post recaps of my box breaks here on the forums. I am also a very vocal critic of expired redemption cards, particularly Upper Deck's hostility toward consumers who pull such cards from old product. I thought I would post a positive story about Topps. I recently pulled two expired redemption cards from 2008 Bowman Sterling. I contacted Topps by e-mail and was ultimately told to send the cards in and that they would at least send me something if they could not fulfill the expired obligation. Kudos to Topps for showing that the customer actually matters. Upper Deck continues to remain the scourge of the industry, as they do not care about their consumers or appreciate their hard earned money. Sorry for the rant that is all!
Are you kidding? Right now Upper Deck has the best expired redemption program... I sent them in my Expired 09 sig stars matt wieters pride of a nation and at the Toronto expo they pulled my card for a Mark Messier Shadowbox card... They cleared out an entire glass dispay of cards for expired redemptions...

Upper Deck Announces a Program to Assist Collectors with Select Expired Autograph Redemption Cards | Upper Deck Blog
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Topps is terrible.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

bump this thread when you get the redemption cards back from Topps
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
bump this thread when you get the redemption cards back from Topps
^^^^^^^ This, unfortunately. Good luck, though!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Are you kidding? Right now Upper Deck has the best expired redemption program... I sent them in my Expired 09 sig stars matt wieters pride of a nation and at the Toronto expo they pulled my card for a Mark Messier Shadowbox card... They cleared out an entire glass dispay of cards for expired redemptions...

Upper Deck Announces a Program to Assist Collectors with Select Expired Autograph Redemption Cards | Upper Deck Blog
Is there more than 100 entries? Or does everyone get something
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post

I really dont think he is joking. UD are scum.

I had a Jimmy Graham auto redemption from SPA. they told me it wont be made and sent me a $5 card. I havent bought a UD product since then and never will again.

Oh and those Grahams went live recently.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I received a case of 06 SPA. Football as a christmas gift in 2008 I believe. Opened them all on christmas and had a few redemptions, maybe 4 or 5. They expired on 12/22/08. I called the day after Christmas and they basically told me I am screwed because thet expired. It was 4 days after the expiration date and they wouldn't do a thing for me!

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I received a case of 06 SPA. Football as a christmas gift in 2008 I believe. Opened them all on christmas and had a few redemptions, maybe 4 or 5. They expired on 12/22/08. I called the day after Christmas and they basically told me I am screwed because thet expired. It was 4 days after the expiration date and they wouldn't do a thing for me!
thats what happens 99/100 times with them (if you can get through to someone)
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssteve View Post
well this is horshlt.... i pulled a CJ2K Bowman Sterling redemption last christmas and they told me shlt outta luck....blasphemy time to take to twitter....