Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Avoid this guy...

Shortly after chrome released I posted one of my pulls on ebay, a Doug Martin refractor auto. I was really happy with the pull and I don't normally sell cards on eBay, but I'm going for the chrome base set, so I thought I'd flip the refractor and invest the money in other cards from the set. I was excited because at the time I believe I had the second one listed and he was obviously a hot player.

Posted it for 200 BIN/BO, end up taking the first guy that offers after we countered once, took 135. Of course days go by and I've sent him invoices and messages and he never responds and never pays. Open and closed the case with eBay. Such a tool. If you aren't going to pay, man up and tell the seller you aren't going to pay. And don't buy crap in the first place if you can't pay for it.

And to make it worse, the guy bought other stuff and got positive feedback while the case was open!!!

Anyway, card is back up on the bay after being held up for 10 days since it was posted and now it won't get nearly the money I'm sure as the chrome hype has dropped.

Avoid this guy: j.conover1191

End rant.
bigkick2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

just an FYI.. people purposely "buy" new release items and not pay. They do this because they have the same card and want to inflate the market... that or they wait 2 weeks to see if prices drop.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
just an FYI.. people purposely "buy" new release items and not pay. They do this because they have the same card and want to inflate the market... that or they wait 2 weeks to see if prices drop.
wow pretty snakey
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've heard of that happening, but as far as I can tell, the guy has never sold anything on eBay. It's just incredibly frustrating to sell on eBay. It's almost stressful. I have a lot of respect for people who do it honestly and well on a regular basis.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to hear this man. This is the same guy that bought my Martin chrome auto, he did pay, but as soon as he got it, he said he was sending it back because he could not pay that much for a card with that type of centering. Of course I told him that he could clearly see the centering on the pic, and asked why he would bother putting that offer in? Never responded, but I told him it sounded more like buyers remorse and to go ahead and send it back. Truly an ebay Dbag!

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

This guy was already on my block bidder list he did the same thing to me in the past. Hes going on my Neg List.
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Unbelievable. I'm surely thankful it didn't get to the point where I sent it out. That's tough to hear. By now you'd think this would be his 3rd strike, or at least close to it.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about that. More and more people are doing the same thing. Buying multiple cards, pay some and dont pay some. Apparently, NPB means nothing now.
hche is online now   Reply With Quote